TDO: "Who cares about Show?"
WDI: "Well there was a guy called Walt..."
TDO: "Who?"

Or this example...

WDI: We are going to make a great ride with lots of awesome AA figures
TDO: Sounds great! How much?
WDI: We are going to charge $50 million for those AA figures
TDO: That sounds a lot of money for 5 AA's
WDI: Yes we like to overcharge for every aspect of what we produce for the parks. Other companies can supply and build entire attarctions for this price, but we can't.
TDO: Well we can't pay that much, so we are going to have to trim the AA budget to $10 million
WDI: OK, well now you will just get one AA.

the.dreamfinder

Or this example...

WDI: We are going to make a great ride with lots of awesome AA figures
TDO: Sounds great! How much?
WDI: We are going to charge $50 million for those AA figures
TDO: That sounds a lot of money for 5 AA's
WDI: Yes we like to overcharge for every aspect of what we produce for the parks. Other companies can supply and build entire attarctions for this price, but we can't.
TDO: Well we can't pay that much, so we are going to have to trim the AA budget to $10 million
WDI: OK, well now you will just get one AA.
WDI: So how are those Garner Holt AAs workin' out for ya?
TDO: ...
WDI: Well, if Rasulo hadn't decimated MAPO, maybe we could make some for ya.

WDWYankee15

Weird...
Frontierland seems like the most complete and well rounded of all the MK lands (pre-FLE of course). I hear people gripe about the state of AL, TL, even MSUSA sometimes....Frontierland seems like the last place in MK (heck, or all of WDW) that needs an overhaul (just a SM refurb).
I agree with you about Frontierland with it having two E-tickets and Country Bears which is still popular and just got a refurb. However Frontierland is the place that has room for expansion with TSI and the area in the back if they fill ini part of ROA.

Tomorrowland could and should do away with the speedway and then it would have some room. Perhaps we will see the speedway go with the refurb of Test Tracks and the rumor of Radiator Springs Racers coming to DHS. If that happens there is no need for the Speedway and it certainly does nothing for or add anything to the "future" them of Tomorrowland. (kind of having been driving cars now for a while!) ;)

djlaosc

Perhaps we will see the speedway go with the refurb of Test Tracks and the rumor of Radiator Springs Racers coming to DHS. If that happens there is no need for the Speedway and it certainly does nothing for or add anything to the "future" them of Tomorrowland. (kind of having been driving cars now for a while!) ;)

People keep saying that with Test Track/Radiator Springs Racers, we no longer need the Tomorrowland Speedway - I wasn't aware that TT/RSR allowed children to drive the cars themselves! If people are saying that, then maybe we should just get rid of TT/RSR, because people can sit in cars on a daily basis! TT/RSR is a lot closer to "daily life" than the Speedway.

The Speedway should not be removed - it is a right of passage for children - they should retheme it (more futuristic/non-gas/more to look at), change the layout (making it more vertical would reduce the area taken up by the ride), or relocated (beside Test Track (under the outside loop possibly?), or they could move it to Pixar Place and retheme it to cars.

And before anyone says that the children can just go on go-karts elsewhere, then why don't we remove the teacups and the spinners because they can do those elsewhere as well!

djlaosc

@Lee found it I don't know how to post pics but it was in the thread Possible TSI removal/expansion page 7 I beleive

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...lacement-expansion.830398/page-6#post-4843544

From what I hear, it sounds like...
disney%2Bamerica%2Braft.jpg

Keep in mind....I'm hearing nothing to indicate that this is an approved project. Barely more than just a concept at this point. This thread is a wee bit premature.

djlaosc

Oh, yeah...
I took a guess that the raft ride that had been proposed would be similar to the one designed for Disney's America. That is what the art is, but I have no clue if that's the project lightbulb's talking about.

No problem, just thought I would bring it in here so that everyone didn't have to go look for it!

Gregoryp73

I'm wondering if they would almost do it like a FLF type reno? All that land back in TSI and north of BTM could be an attached themed area...so logically LB would be removed for the years it would take to complete...most likely a draining of the ROA. and scrims up against the ROA shoreline while construction commenced. There really is alot they can do with this area separation.

I think the other thing we need to mention is...
If this get's greenlighted and FrL is the next for the earthmovers then it'll be 2017 before any chance of TL or AL getting any type of update. I really doubt they would take two down at once.

I'm excited about the amount of activity that is going on at the various parks though...if they can continuously hammer away at reno'ing each park one project at a time consistently (rather than focusing everything overseas), I believe we may see a new golden era for our beloved parks.

WDW1974

Rest assured, neither Mountain is going anywhere in the foreseeable future.

Yeah, but think of the uber kewl fanboi rumor we could start here if we wished?

On the subject at hand, and I've been busy with work and the holiday and haven't had time to read it all, I can only state that I know of no serious major project coming to MK. I trust the OP's sources, so I believe either there's something in the very early stages that may be getting played up by folks with agendas who wish to see it happen OR Disney is trying to plug some holes in their leaky ship.

I don't believe the one project that's been tossed about for Frontierland (basically destroying TSI for an off the shelf soaker ride) has ever had any serious traction either. The whole concept is sorta like condoms and ketchup, they don't go together even if you can buy them both in bulk at Costco!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom