front of monorail..

dixiegirl

Original Poster
i know this may be a stupid question to ask but, how do i go about riding in the front car of the monorail??...every year i say i'm gonna ask but never do..my daughter loves the monrail and i know should would just flip over this.. thanks for any help.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just ask the CM`s on the platform - near the front of the station - usually it isn`t a problem. You may have to wait a few trains if there are others infront of you wanting the same, but you`ll get your turn. Make sure you ask before you get in line on the platform though!

barnum42

If it's crowded and you don't want to wait in line for the front, just set aside a quieter time of the day to do it and you will have no problems getting to ride in the cab.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have found the easiest way to ride in the front was to catch the monorail at one of the resorts early in the morning but like others have said you can do it at any time as long as you are patient. The only problem I have found with trying to get in the front at the TTC,MK or EPCOT is that the people riding in the front don't always get out at the parks and are just there to ride the monorail. Any way you do it it is well worth it.

tigsmom

Always ask, never just assume you can.

We waited for a monorail early one moring at the Contemporary. My DH asked the CM if you could ride in the front (if it was free) and he said "sure"!

Well the monorail pulls in another family jumps in the front. The CM goes there and has them leave. We got the dirtiest look as we went by! We heard the CM saying to them "you have to ask, you just don't get in!"

In all the time we have been going to WDW we have ridden in the front twice, we usually don't bother waiting.

Good Luck! :wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Yes, it's amazing what you can do if you just ask!
They can take up to 4 in the front. As was said before, it is easiest if you do it off peak travel times. I would suggest you try to do it on the monorail going to (best) or from Epcot. It is your longest ride and you get to see so much more.

You will be surprised how different the perspective is up front, you will feel you're on something totally different from the monorail.

When you do get on, if the pilot doesn't volunteer, be sure to ask for a monorail "pilots licence" for your children. Its just a little card, but for the younger folks is is an extra thrill.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
ClemsonTigger said:
Well yea....but I didn't want to admit it :lol:
Isn't that why we bring the kids...to give us an excuse to do these "extra" things... :D
Yes it is. Mine forced me to go down the water slide at AKL 50 or 60 times. :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Forced 50 or 60 times.... oh poor Yoda :lol:

Just be aware, Dixiegirl, if you travel the cab from the T&TC to the MK as you rise to cross the aquaduct and enter the Contemporary it can seem awfully high up from the front view - if anyone is afraid of heights. Well worth it though as you enter the hotel!

tigsmom

And another thing I just remembered... the glass slopes so watch out you don't hit you head. Not like that happend to me at all. :lookaroun

Disnut

I know it was mentioned 4 people can ride in the cab. Will they allow 2 adults and 3 children 11, 9, 7. or is that 2 many. I would hate to leave me or my husband to ride alone.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Disnut said:
I know it was mentioned 4 people can ride in the cab. Will they allow 2 adults and 3 children 11, 9, 7. or is that 2 many. I would hate to leave me or my husband to ride alone.
Unfortunately they are quite strict about it. I have 3 children 4, 11 and 13 and my wife had to ride in the next car.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
tigsmom said:
Hugs to you for being so brave in the face of adversity. :lol:
Well being the father it is the honorable thing to make hard sacrifices for the good of the family :lol:

Scooter

I'm a big Monorail fan.
Early one morning while staying at the Contemporary Resort, we were headed to The Polynesian Resort for breakfast at the Kona Cafe.

When the monorail stopped and opened the doors, I asked the castmember/engineer if I could take a picture of the inside of the front car.
I have tons of pics of the Monorail but none of the control panel.

The engineer told us (my wife and I) to hop on in and he would take us for a ride!
Even though we are both grown adults, it was a thrill for my wife and I and a magical Disney moment! :sohappy:

andcamss

The last time I went to WDW (December), my sister and I got to ride up front along with a Dad and his kid from Epcot to TTC. I went to Disney in 1983,1985,1991,2000-2004 and never got to ride up there so it was a treat, especially since im a big fan of the monorail (and the bandaid smell!). It also made it even more cool that this was my sisters first time back at Disney since she was 7 in 1991. The view sure is different up there and I had no idea we got the little card when you got off. When I got home from that trip, I took the card to my work and had it laminated!

ypcat

We had a unique experience on our last trip. We were taking the resort monorail to Poly for a late breakfast, and since it was so slow, we were able to get in the pilot's cabin. At the stop at Contemporary, the pilot got off and 2 CMs got on. A new pilot was getting trained. I figured that we would have to get off, but the trainer said we were welcome to stay up front.

Was quite interesting to see what all they have to do, and I now know how to properly align the monorail at the Poly :) .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom