front of monorail..

Rcoaster809

On my last trip I rode up front from EPCOT to TTC. It was only around 11 AM, and there was no wait. Wihile in line, we were talking to a nice couple visiting for the first time, so we invited them to ride with us. I guess that was our excuse for doing it since I'm 19, and I was only going with Mom. It was so much fun (as always), and that was the first time I got the co-pilots license!

DarkImage4

ClemsonTigger said:
Well yea....but I didn't want to admit it :lol:
Isn't that why we bring the kids...to give us an excuse to do these "extra" things... :D

First of all, it's Disney...ADMIT IT :lol:

And we don't have kids...except each other. Whenever we make a priority seating and they ask "any children?' We always yes "yes, just the two of us."

That usually gets a grin.

We're ALL kids in WDW...so flaunt it!

MissM

I don't have kids. It's just my Love and I and I asked last year. We had to wait for the next train, but no biggie. They just had us wait to the side and when it came up, we got in. It was so fun! :)

Just ask. They're great about it. And my driver was really funny and informative too.
-m

DisneyMemories

Rode in the cab of Monorail Orange during my visit at the end of june It was our first time doing so and i'd do it again, we had to wait a few trains but it was worth it, If you ever goto disney ask the cast member at the station you want to ride in the cab and they will point you to the front and attandant there. Got my co pilots licence when we got on and had a very friendly driver, Sadly it was dark and park was closing,but I was able to turn the infa red on my camcorder and video it all the way from the MK to TCC. We were even stoped a few minutes while traffic was busy ahead of us and it was cool to sit outside of the poly station. I'm doing it again next time I goto Disney. Love those Monorails. My advice its worth the wait but do ride up front of a disney monorail if you visit disney youll be glad you did.:sohappy:

mrtoad

Make sure when you do ask to try to take it all the way around. Entering and exiting the Contemporary while in the front really is an experience.

I love to ride in the front but only really go out of my way to ride in front when we are going to Epcot just because the view of Spaceship Earth you get from the front of the monorail is awesome and makes for a great picture. I've gotten a few good pictures of my Stitch plushie in the drivers seat of the monorail too so next time you ride, make sure he's not driving ;)

Raven66

We have ridden up front twice now. The first was was nice but the "pilot" didn't really talk. We just thought that was the way it was supposed to be. The second time (this year) was great! He talked and told us all sorts of stuff and chatted with me about taking pictures. My family teases me when I take "dumb" pictures, so they were just having a ball when I took one of a tiny dragonfly that was in the cab with us. The "pilot" was great esp. when he sided with me about taking silly pics. Well anyway, when we got to our stop, he gave my daughter an honorary pilot's license and she thought that was so cool. I'm just bummed I didn't get one :lookaroun

Ask! you will have lots of fun. And if you have more then 4 people it just gives you a reason to ask to ride up front again. :wave:

bluefaery

When my fiance, Adam, and I went to WDW in April, we asked to ride in the front. Adam was so exicted b/c we got to do it on the black one. He loves the coor black do that was an extra bonus. It was just us and the "piolt". We got our co pilots licence. Mine is still in my wallet. I don't remember where we took the monorial to or from. All I remember is that we had fun.

Chrissie

mrtoad

Raven66 said:
We have ridden up front twice now. The first was was nice but the "pilot" didn't really talk. We just thought that was the way it was supposed to be. The second time (this year) was great! He talked and told us all sorts of stuff and chatted with me about taking pictures. My family teases me when I take "dumb" pictures, so they were just having a ball when I took one of a tiny dragonfly that was in the cab with us. The "pilot" was great esp. when he sided with me about taking silly pics. Well anyway, when we got to our stop, he gave my daughter an honorary pilot's license and she thought that was so cool. I'm just bummed I didn't get one :lookaroun

Ask! you will have lots of fun. And if you have more then 4 people it just gives you a reason to ask to ride up front again. :wave:

I think we had the same no talk driver.

When you got the pilot's licence, was that something you had to ask for? I would love to get that for my daughter.

mrtoad

ClemsonTigger said:
Some of the more interactive pilots will give them out, but I would say that at least 50 % of the time you have to ask.

OK, thank-you. I will make sure to do that the next we can get in the nose.

Thanks again,
Mike

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom