From the OS: Gator drags child into Seven Seas Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoDave219

Jackie Waller, VP of Public Affairs for WDW: "Everyone here at the WDW resort is devastated by this tragic accident." Went on to say that they are assisting the family and working with law enforcement.

Sheriff Demmings: Call Came in at 9:16 to RCES. Family from Nebraska. 3 kids. Witnesses to what occurred. Family was relaxing on the beach area. Child was wading in the water along the lake's edge, described as about a foot into the water. Anywhere from fourt-to-seven feet long. No security video.

Chad Weber w/ FWC. Trappers on the water.

jlsHouston

Man my granddaughter is so upset. And my friend is flipping asking me why Disney doesn't have signs posted on the beach to beware of gators and why they have movies on the beach if gators are capable of emerging to snatch children. I'm not really even sure how to answer her. My " well this is Florida, and that means you are in gator country" sounds pretty lame. Then I used the gators don't normally run onto beaches to grab people....
I don't know really even how to defend Disney at this point. All I know is we move to BWI tomorrow for the last week and movies by the pool sounds safer than movies on the beach where gators might appear...

dadddio

Man my granddaughter is so upset. And my friend is flipping asking me why Disney doesn't have signs posted on the beach to beware of gators and why they have movies on the beach if gators are capable of emerging to snatch children. I'm not really even sure how to answer her. My " well this is Florida, and that means you are in gator country" sounds pretty lame. Then I used the gators don't normally run onto beaches to grab people....
I don't know really even how to defend Disney at this point. All I know is we move to BWI tomorrow for the last week and movies by the pool sounds safer than movies on the beach where gators might appear...
Tell him that there are signs around warning of alligators and that the alligator didn't run onto the beach and grab the child. The child was in the water.

Cletus

I am saying nothing wrong. You may not like my opinion, but why attack me?
I still will not apologize.
Ok...it's official...the Father struggled with the gator. You happy now, Army? He tried to save him! Feel better now?

And if your name is Jason Lives then at least have an accurate avatar ( says aficionado)

Patsfan28

Pretty easy answer. Tell them that hopefully their parents can obey the signs posted around every Disney waterway that says not to go into the water.

Bolt

I don't want to be 'that guy', but Floridians know Gators are around. We named a football team the Florida Gators. Signs only do so much. As the officer said, this is the first instance they've heard this, and it's been operating for nearly 45 years.

R W B

They have signs posted saying no swimming pretty often, the Sheriff just confirmed the child was in the water. Hopefully that negates any negligence on Disney's part. Any law suit should be thrown out right away. I'm sorry for the loss of the child and don't wish that feeling on anyone but self responsibility has to come into play at some point.

WDW1974

I will obviously do my best to enjoy my time, but...I don't think I can ever ride the monorail and glance over at that section of water and not feel sick about it....pretty much ever again.

I know this won't make you feel better, but people die at WDW every day ... well, not every day, but many days. It is like a city with a population that can be over 100,000. People get hurt or sick or in accidents. This is just horrific because it is a child and such a strange thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom