From the OS: Gator drags child into Seven Seas Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanbreeze77

We're headed down next month. And I'm actually a little concerned for my family's safety...
I keep saying "Im gonna have a great time!" " I'm going to be safe" " Yeah awesome!" but then things keep happening. And I leave for WDW Thursday!!! At first was like this stuff happens everywhere, sadly it was orlando this time, but then after tonight my superstitious side is kinda nervous.

Jason Lives

Your first comment was about Why was the child alone on the beach? that Is pure speculation
That is not speculation. Had I said... I bet the parents left the child alone on the beach and weren't watching....that is speculation.
I asked a question.

Be careful. These approaches are bordering on personal attacks. I believe that is a violation of the terms here.

PhotoDave219

OCSO just sent this out.
Ck9wby1WsAIIVAs.jpg:large

I do not like the wording. "Search and Recovery" is not good in my experience with F&W.

Ck9wby1WsAIIVAs.jpg
gator.jpg

Jim Possible

You can't let fear win.
No, it won't.
But as @Laura said, it certainly does put a damper on all of the trip planning.
And I don't think we're the only ones feeling this way.
I was able to get some otherwise impossible reservations a day after the shootings.
Slots just... suddenly opened up, much to Cast Members' surprise.

Terrible, terrible times. Orlando is where we go to get away from "the real world"...

Bolt

No, it won't.
But as @Laura said, it certainly does put a damper on all of the trip planning.
And I don't think we're the only ones feeling this way.
I was able to get some otherwise impossible reservations a day after the shootings.
Slots just... suddenly opened up, much to Cast Members' surprise.

Terrible, terrible times. Orlando is where we go to get away from "the real world"...
And once you're in the parks, you'll be transported again.

tissandtully

Those aren't wild alligators so the law doesn't apply. Gatorland has a permit for what they do and have to follow a whole different set of rules. Here's the law if you want to look at it yourself.
http://law.justia.com/codes/florida/2003/TitleXXVIII/chapter372/372_667.html
Right, I know the law, my question is if it applied to WDW since it also could be considered under one of those exemptions. Most waterways have signs explaining it's illegal to feed gators,
I've never seen these at WDW.

SoupBone

I'm absolutely sick to my stomach reading this. I can't even imagine the horror and pain experienced, not only from losing a child, but it happening at a place like Disney. I know this isn't Disney's fault, but this forever taints the magic for me because it hits very close to home. I can't imagine living after this happened to my child. Poor family.

s8film40

Right, I know the law, my question is if it applied to WDW since it also could be considered under one of those exemptions. Most waterways have signs explaining it's illegal to feed gators,
I've never seen these at WDW.
The waterways at Disney certainly don't have an exemption. I don't know what the requirement is for the placement of the signs. I suppose it goes back to the old ignorance of the law is no excuse. I do see them primarily placed in tourist areas where people wouldn't really know being from out of state. If I were to guess based on my experience with how WDW usually handles things they probably didn't want those signs there in fear that it might scare the guests.

Jason Lives

It's hardly emotional to call you on an inappropriate response. But if it makes you feel better defend yourself, by all means that's what's important here.

But that is inappropriate based on your opinion. Not everyone handles grief or bad news the same way.
I do not regret asking any question. They need to be asked. There are those who stay focused and those who get blinded by emotion. I stay focused. Call it my Army training. That is how I handle a crisis and I will never apologize for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom