Friends say too old for Disney?!?!?!

shoppingnut

PurpleDragon said:
Okay now see, the wife and I were not gonna do WDW this year. But now after reading this thread, we may have to schedule a weekend sometime this fall or something. I wanna go now. :lol:

Here's some enticement: They are offering free dining from late August through September 30, but youu have to book by June 25.

PurpleDragon

shoppingnut said:
Here's some enticement: They are offering free dining from late August through September 30, but youu have to book by June 25.
LMAO well first order of business, convince my wife to go this fall. :lol::hammer:

Thing is we are already planning on going to WDW in June of next year, and we are taking our Goddaughter and her family. Her uncle is actually my best friend, so I'm really excited about that trip, going to WDW with my best friend and his family, who I grew up with, and then seeing WDW thru my goddaughters eyes for the first time. Its gonna be a blast!!

But as I said previously the wife is a WDW fan, but not to the extreme that I am, so I don't know if she would be willing to go this fall then turn around and go again next summer. Hmmmm......I'll have to do some brainstorming to figure out a good reason to go. I can start by bribing her with diner in Germany in Epcot, thats her favorite. :p

SpenceMan01

prberk said:
Isn't WDW the most "all-inclusive" resort there is?

Need beaches? check
Need spas? check
Need pools? check
Need golf? check (even a PGA-level course)
Need shopping? check
Need night-clubs? check
Need world-class restaurants? check
Need fast-food restaurants? check
Need accommodations with a kitchen? check
Need lakes and boating? check
Need camping? check
Need fishing? check
Need waterskiing and parasailing? check
Need theme parks? check
Need a speedway and a chance to race real racecars? check
Need a AAA car service center on-site? check
Need convenience marts and gas stations on-site? check
Need a wedding pavillion? check
Need a polynesian luau? check
Need horseback riding? check
Need walking trails? check
Need a nightly campfire? check
Need a savanna with zoo animals in a natural landscape? check

Hmm... how much more "all-inclusive" can you be?

Usually when people say all-inclusive, it is meant as everything is included for 1 price. So technically I'm not sure if WDW could be defined as all-inclusive because many of the things listed above can be used, but for extra cost. I will agree with you on this, however: There sure are a heck of a lot more things to do at WDW than the average person would think!

brertigger

PurpleDragon said:
There is more to do there than people realize. You can spend a full week there and still have things left you didnt do. For your average family it takes about a day per park, and then at least a half day or so for each water park. Then you have things like DisneyQuest, DTD, Marketplace, Cirque De Sole, etc... There are tons and tons of things to do. Thats what makes WDW so great.

I don't think you are ever too old for Disney.

I always tell people about how there is never enough time to do everything. They usually just nod and say OK. Recently, when I went with friends, they agreed about how there is so much to see and do.

jozzmenia

SpenceMan01 said:
Usually when people say all-inclusive, it is meant as everything is included for 1 price. So technically I'm not sure if WDW could be defined as all-inclusive because many of the things listed above can be used, but for extra cost. I will agree with you on this, however: There sure are a heck of a lot more things to do at WDW than the average person would think!

Actually I think its possible to do that (i.e. MYW Premium w/Dining) for 1 price; whether or not that price is affordable is another story...:lookaroun

Senderella

jozzmenia said:
not necessarily true. u made me think of the friend who tells the friend she sould leave her "jerk boyfriend" who isn't dangerous but is a jerk, and the friend thinks he's a good guy. Good friends tend to force their opinions when they're convinced they're right...:D

It works both ways - it's like if u try to convince friends that Disneyworld is much better than Cancun...

LOL I completely forgot about the whole dating thing. It's been awhile since I've had to do that. (But for the most part, you get what I'm saying..and even then.. sometimes that jerk boyfriend can be considered a danger when you know how badly he's going to screw with the said friend's emotions in the long run.. I'd kind of consider that lumped into the category I was talking about) I was basically thinking of what's going on currently in my life when I was posting that. You have a point, but also... and it sort of applies to us the Disneyites... sometimes they just don't want to listen and you can't do much to change their mind. :D

Senderella

Southern Lady said:
I have been reading the Forum every day, and only decided to post when this thread had so many answers. I am 70, went to WDW in 1972 with my two children. I went back in 1998 with my granddaughter. Now, I go by myself the last two times. There is something magical about WDW. I have been as others have said to London, and Paris, and Montacarlo. I have been to all the large cities in the USA, Mexico, and Canada. There is something about being in WDW that attracts all kinds of people. Just talk to them, they come from all over the world. I have ridden all the rides (including EE) except Space Mountain. I love it. You can't explain it to many other people. My son said you must go to Universal City. I did. It does not have the creativeness that WDW has. When I see Carousel of Progress and It's a Small World still the same thing I saw in the New York World's Fair, I know that WDW will keep what made them last this long. Don't worry about what others say, just "Have a Magical Day".

That's just awesome! Very beautifully said. Welcome to the boards!

OmegaKnight

You are never too old to have fun and that is what WDW is all about, having fun. That is why I work there (best job in the world) and thats why I spend so much time there, it is an incredibly fun place to be. There is always something new to do or something you havn't done in a while. You don't have to be under any age or over any age to enjoy WDW, it is for everyone and that is what makes this place so special.

d'Isigny

spoiledmarie said:
My husband and myself are both 33 years old and are totally addicted to Walt Disney World, and love everything Disney. Our Friends say that we are "Too Old" for Disney and that we "need to go somewhere else when we go on vacation". When we get back from one trip, we can't wait to book the next one and mind you, we have gone quite a bit over the past 2 years... but when we do book the trips and are so excited about it, we are afraid to tell anyone because we know what the reaction will be. They say that we should be going to an all inclusive resort type vacation, especially since we have no children. They all say that Disney is for kids and aren't we getting bored of it yet. I could never get bored of Disney, and love it there, and we always have such a great time, with or without others travelling with us.. yes Disney is a different experience with children and it is wonderful to see the magic in their eyes.. but as adults don't we deserve the same magic? If it is what we love to do and we don't want to go anywhere else, what is wrong with that?
I was just wondering if there were others out there like us around, people over 30 that are addicted to Disney World.. and beileve that Disney is for everyone, especially the kid in all of us!!:) And if you have ever had a situation like this and how you dealt with it?

Welcome to the club...

when my family (Mom, brother and sister) ask why I want to go back...I always reply..."If you have to ask, you don't get it".

People at work are used to me now and are shocked if I were to say I wasn't going this year.

You are fortunate...you understand.

Disney...a state of mind...

and besides...what do those other "All inclusive" resorts offer that Disney can't?

And do they have fireworks...or parades...or live shows?

Craig & Lisa

The family and I have gone to WDW every year since 1997, with and without our sons. We have just as much a good time as we do any time we go, seeming as every visit is different. Our last visit was in April and was great, we are going again in August with two others who haven't been there before, so for us watching them will give us another true experience. And the next visit will be in Nov.,our group will be 10, the most we've ever had, 5 of which have never been there, so again we live vicareously through them. So another completly new visit. And to anyone who says to us your going again?, well if they don't want to go, fine, stay home, more for the rest of us and the lines won't be as long either.:D :D :D :D By the way, the wife and I are in our 40's

VeRTiGo91

I just turned 33, and my wife is 31. We have 2 kids, one almost 5 and one almost 2. We are already planning a trip for 2008.

We went in March, my first exposure to Disney World, airplanes, and a real vacation for a change...and I hope to do it again for many years to come!

You can NEVER be too old for Disney. My mother in law about cried through It's A Small World...that's magic to me.

We never plan to go to Universal. We love Spider-man, but will never give up on Mickey and the gang!

V

pinkrose

I work with 2 other people who are AP holders as well. Everyone else at work comes to us to help them plan their vacations. Sometimes even a students mom will ask. Now, other people do give me the "don't you go anywhere else" look, but then again, they go places that I have no desire to visit.

Disneybird

I take my mother (75 yrs. old) to WDW at least once a year. We made our first trip together in 1975. This year we'll make 2 journeys to the World. She would rather vacation there than anywhere else. She enjoys people watching, riding what she can or just relaxing at the hotel. My husband who is not as big a Disney fan, goes about every third trip. There are other places in this world I want to see someday and my husband keeps telling me if I would skip a few trips to WDW, I could go somewhere else. But where else can 3 generations (soon to be 4), have so much fun together. A few years ago we were in Orlando for 1 day only and had tickets left over from previous visits, so my DH, 2 DD's and I did MGM, Epcot and the MK in one day. My DH and I were sitting on a bench holding drinks, popcorn, bags and other stuff while the girls rode a ride. I looked at my husband and started laughing. When he asked what was so funny, I said "I have finally become my mother". :lol:

d'Isigny

Awwwhh...and that's a good thing...;)

Disneybird said:
I take my mother (75 yrs. old) to WDW at least once a year. We made our first trip together in 1975. This year we'll make 2 journeys to the World. She would rather vacation there than anywhere else. She enjoys people watching, riding what she can or just relaxing at the hotel. My husband who is not as big a Disney fan, goes about every third trip. There are other places in this world I want to see someday and my husband keeps telling me if I would skip a few trips to WDW, I could go somewhere else. But where else can 3 generations (soon to be 4), have so much fun together. A few years ago we were in Orlando for 1 day only and had tickets left over from previous visits, so my DH, 2 DD's and I did MGM, Epcot and the MK in one day. My DH and I were sitting on a bench holding drinks, popcorn, bags and other stuff while the girls rode a ride. I looked at my husband and started laughing. When he asked what was so funny, I said "I have finally become my mother". :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom