Free Dining Preview Thread

erstwo

From a poster at disboards.com

I cant believe I am the first to post this. My Mom is a travel agent. She recieved an email this morning from her Disney Rep. Here are the details for 2008 Free Dining. 08/24/08 - 09/20/08. Disney Visa holders can book on 04/07/08 with code AYG...General public opens up on 04/10/08...sorry she didnt give me hte code for this one, as I have been waiting for the Disney visa code.
Good Luck to all.

Looks like I'm out. Time to call and cancel my ADRs.

We'll just have to wait til January Marathon Weekend!

On to DL!!! Must make room reservation tomorrow!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't it be about a billion degrees in at this time of the year? I'm a Southern girl, and no heat wimp, but my toddlers won't be able to take 90+ degree temps.
I would love to take advantage of this offer and head back this year! Has anyone been this time of year? Could my two year old survive?
Should I book when/if this becomes available?

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't it be about a billion degrees in at this time of the year? I'm a Southern girl, and no heat wimp, but my toddlers won't be able to take 90+ degree temps.
I would love to take advantage of this offer and head back this year! Has anyone been this time of year? Could my two year old survive?
There are ways to and not to do it for sure. Be early risers. Kids can't last more than 4 hours in the park usually w/o a nap. Especially since it can take over half an hour just to get in sometimes once you get to the lot. Naps are the key. We go early. Kids flake out around 1-2. We leave. If they fall asleep in the stroller :sohappy:.

We then use the next hour or two to get them in the car. Cool off. Then hit the next park. If we're lucky we cruise between parks just in time for the 3pm rain storm. Then by 4 or so, the sun starts going down and we can enjoy the afternoon/evening.

DeborJohn

the past few years it goes by the date of your check in, as long as you are checked in before the promotion ends. so if you were to check in even on the last day of the promotion, the plan would go for your whole trip. unless they changed that this year, but i dont see why they would do that, you should be good to go!!

What about the other way? We have booked 8/21-8/30. Can we get it for those dates? Should I cancel and book two separate trips - one 8/21-8/24 and the other 8/24 - 8/30 to get the benefit of the free dining?:brick:

jennc2001

This is our 3rd year going with our son and hes 3. We took him when he was only 18 months and then again at 2 1/2. Like the others said, go early and of course, take a stroller! You can still enjoy the parks while your child will probably pass out in the stroller!! People think that having a baby or small child will not be as fun or easy but really, it is!! :)
hope i helped!!!

NewfieFan

the past few years it goes by the date of your check in, as long as you are checked in before the promotion ends. so if you were to check in even on the last day of the promotion, the plan would go for your whole trip. unless they changed that this year, but i dont see why they would do that, you should be good to go!!

Thank you for your reply!:wave:

New2WDW

I cant believe I am the first to post this. My Mom is a travel agent. She recieved an email this morning from her Disney Rep. Here are the details for 2008 Free Dining. 08/24/08 - 09/20/08. Disney Visa holders can book on 04/07/08 with code AYG...General public opens up on 04/10/08...sorry she didnt give me hte code for this one, as I have been waiting for the Disney visa code.
Good Luck to all.

I am wondering if this Mom will be a travel agent when someone finds out she released info before the appointed time! :lookaroun

If these dates are correct then they are cut back a week from the bounce back offer which ended on 9/27. Disney is really filling in the voids!

SANDKRUSER

If these dates are correct then they are cut back a week from the bounce back offer which ended on 9/27. Disney is really filling in the voids!

I'm hoping this is true - we booked the bounceback and will be there that last week - that would mean less of a crowd in the restaurants. I'm glad I've already booked all my dining reservations though. It will be a zoo next week trying to get through.

I was in the same boat as everyone else last year - 1 hour 55 minutes on hold to get the reservation (started when they opened) - about 45 minutes to get to someone to make my ADR's for the trip (but all in all - well worth it!)

Good luck to all!

WildLodgeFan

Good Luck to all.

Bummer!:( I was hoping to save some cash, but this cuts off right before our trip on the 24th of September and since it's DD's 16th Birthday trip, rearranging the dates is not possible as we trying to keep the days out of school to a minimum. Ah well, good savings to everyone else that can enjoy them!

partyoffour

The last time i booked for Free dining I only needed to stay at Disney for one of the days that the feee dining was offered. Like say it ends on 9/30 aslong as u book with using 9/30 as your begining date u get the free dining. I hope they do the same thing this year. My trip starts on 9/20.

NewfieFan

The last time i booked for Free dining I only needed to stay at Disney for one of the days that the feee dining was offered. Like say it ends on 9/30 aslong as u book with using 9/30 as your begining date u get the free dining. I hope they do the same thing this year. My trip starts on 9/20.

I guess we'll find out soon...:wave:

brucie

Can't wait I will be booking on Apr 10th. we are going with my friends who have never been, we are going to share a room so it's cheaper, and we are going for 10 days yipeee. Did you know it's approx only $630.00pp when you have 4 adults in a room for 10 days you can't beat it! Free food, park tickets accommodations!! I'm so excited!!

jsharpay

:ROFLOL:I booked this morning with my travel agent for Sept 13 thur Sept 20 at WL and I have free dining plan.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
There hasn't been a free dining discount released yet so I am not sure how you were able to get this. The only people who have recieved it were those who took the bounce back offer and those who live in the UK that were offered it.

Pam

DisneyJunkie

:ROFLOL:I booked this morning with my travel agent for Sept 13 thur Sept 20 at WL and I have free dining plan.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I don't see how that's possible, considering the Free Dining offer hasn't yet been made public or to Disney Rewards Visa cardholders. Sounds like you're jumping the gun on that with some wishful thinking.

kimmychad

There hasn't been a free dining discount released yet so I am not sure how you were able to get this. The only people who have recieved it were those who took the bounce back offer and those who live in the UK that were offered it.

Pam

maybe the travel agent was emailed from disney about the plan coming out like the poster from another board was saying?

bkheart

We are going the 14th of August and leaving the 25th. Since free dining is to start the 24th-would we be able to get it since we only be there one day at the start of it? I thought since it works at the end of the program it might work at the start? Thanks!!!

dcessna

Disney Dining Plan

I've seen threads that people claim to have their reservations contan the free dining offer. I called Disney resefvations to inquire, but all I got was a snotty person that sounded like I just woke them up.:snore:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom