Free Dining Plan is back!

New2WDW

I saw on another site that the Free Dining Plan is back for August 13 - September 30. Does anyone know if you can get this deal if you check in on the 30th? This deal might be our only chance to take a trip to the world this year! I hope so!

Flagg11

ok i have a ?...i did the dining plan last year and it was amazing, the only problem this year is that my whole family (about 16) has reservations for the dolphin and we are arriving on august 11th...i'm a disney visa holder so i saw the deal on the site today, but do you think if i contacted disney and switched to a disney hotel on the 11th that we could still get the meal plan, or does anyone know how we could get it staying at the dolphin?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

christyj said:
Belle,

We are going to WDW Sept 22nd through Oct 4th. Staying at SSR. We are also Visa (disney) card holders. I called your office and left a message. Do I need to purchace our Tickets with this offer? Do we qualify?
The way I understand this offer is as follows, you purchase room and tickets at full price. It must be a combination of both, but the ticket amount does not need to match your length of stay. For example, If I want to go for 5 nights/ 6 days but I have an annual pass and dont need tickets, I can book the hotel for 5 nights/6 days, get a one day base ticket and still get the free dining for the 5 nights!!!!! Also that is another point to remember the Dining plan is based on the number of NIGHTS that you book. In the example above, I will get 5 snacks, 5 counter service meals and 5 sit down meals per person in my party, not 6. Ill get into limitations in my next post! Belle

Upvote 0

Nemo14

wannabeBelle said:
The way I understand this offer is as follows, you purchase room and tickets at full price. It must be a combination of both, but the ticket amount does not need to match your length of stay. For example, If I want to go for 5 nights/ 6 days but I have an annual pass and dont need tickets, I can book the hotel for 5 nights/6 days, get a one day base ticket and still get the free dining for the 5 nights!!!!! Also that is another point to remember the Dining plan is based on the number of NIGHTS that you book. In the example above, I will get 5 snacks, 5 counter service meals and 5 sit down meals per person in my party, not 6. Ill get into limitations in my next post! Belle
That's really helpful info Belle. I think we might want to plan a little September getaway after all!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

BeachClub said:
What type of places can you eat at? Are there limits? Any more info would be greatly appreciated.:confused:
hi there I see Tiggeriffic did answer your question but I will try to go into a bit more detail. I did the plan myself last October and I have to say it doesnt get any better than this!!! Each person in your party on the Dining plan ( Free or otherwise) gets a snack, a counter service meal and a sit down meal for each NIGHT of their hotel stay. These "coupons" are encoded on your room key so there is no additional items to carry. A snack is a small box of popcorn, a 20 oz soda, a muffin, a piece of fruit, a snack size bag of chips, etc. The offerings do vary based on location but that is the idea. The Counter Service meal is basically anything on a tray some examples might be a hamburger meal with fries, soda and a dessert, a wrap type of sandwich, a breakfast platter from a quick service location, etc. All of this allotment includes your beverage and a dessert. Again offerings will differ based on location in terms of what they offer. There are no exclusions within a particular participating restaurant, but one restaurant may have a particular food choice that another does not. For example, Cosmic Rays has a Rotisserie Chicken offering, that Peco's Bill doesnt.
The sit down meal includes an appetizer OR Salad, one entree and one dessert plus a non alcoholic beverage. Your waiters/waitresses are your best friends for this meal!!! They will happily tell you what is included or excluded. I can tell you there werent many exclusions, the only one I can think of specifically was lobster which is considered an add on and so not part of the meal! Also remember the server's tip is included in this plan so the more your order, the happier they are as their tip is based on the dollar amount of what you would have paid!!!!!!!!
Onto the restaurant choices, the sit down restaurants fall into one of two catagories. They are either participating or Signature. A Participating restaurant will give you one meal for one of your sit down "Coupons", a Signature restaurant is more expensive so it requires 2 of your sit down"coupons" to eat there once!!! Unless you are dying to eat at one of the Signature places, I wouldnt go that route. Most of the restaurants are one sit down point so there is certainly NOT a lack of places to eat. here is the link to Disney's own explanation of the plan
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...gespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/MYWDining.pdf
If you have any other questions, please post and I will answer them!!! Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Nemo14 said:
That's really helpful info Belle. I think we might want to plan a little September getaway after all!
Sure no problem!!! Either give a call or drop an e mail and we can get it set uo for you if you'd like!! Belle

Upvote 0

dfisher9

I've already booked a trip for 9/13-9/20 with the Dining Plan. Do I have to call Disney and cancel and then rebook or can I just call Disney and negotiate the deal into my reservation that I already have?

thanks,

dan

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I would imagine you can just call Disney and re book the same package although your resort or room type may not be availible for the dates you chose. Call as soon as possible to get the best availibility. Belle

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'm trying to decide if this is worth it for me, it'd be 2 adults, we both have AP's, and with a bonus we're getting from a one-time job, we thought we'd stay at a deluxe resort sometime this summer.

I know if it were a value or mod, the price of 2 dining plans per day would pretty much balance out the room discount with an AP, but with the bonus we were thinking a deluxe. I know the dining plan is "worth" much more than they charge for it - i've done test stays using it when i worked for the mouse.

*sigh*

What to do, what to do?

Upvote 0
Belle,

I believe this was already discussed here, BUT! If I get just the single day ticket with the dinning plan, does it have an experation date on it? I am an Annual Pass Holder and don't need tickets.

Upvote 0

aj_steig

Hi everyone!

I am a Disney Visa cardholder and I just booked my trip today for the free dining program! I booked for September 25-30 (so we could catch part of the International Food and Wine Festival!) at Pop Century. In case anyone is wondering, I was required to put down $200 today (the remaining balance was around $650 for 2 adults.) The deposit is fully refundable up to 45 days in advance, then after that I believe you pay a small fee (the same procedure when you book a Magic Your Way Package.) I am so excited! I missed this last fall and I never thought in a million years that they would do it again! :)

Upvote 0

scorp111

It is a very good deal for those that can go during the period.

Kingdom Konsultants and wannabeBelle just booked my trip from Sept23-Oct1.

We had planned on staying at the Dolphin without the dining plan, but are now staying at Wilderness Lodge with the Dining Plan............

173 days to wait!

But at least we have a DL trip in the meantime.........

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
scorp111 said:

We had planned on staying at the Dolphin without the dining plan, but are now staying at Wilderness Lodge with the Dining Plan............

173 days to wait!

I thought this offer was not available until the 4th unless you are a Disney Visa card holder.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
Computer Magic said:
I think you can cancel without losing any money up to 45 days before the trip.

Last year on this same deal I had to cancel and I lost money. But I think that was the trip insurance part! Does anyone have any more info on this and especially if you would /would not get the insurance. I have read much on this but still have not come to a decision on whether or not it was what I needed. (I later was able to take this offer- long story)

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
scorp111 said:

173 days to wait!

If you dont mind me asking, what did this cost you? I am currently booked at WL for Aug 24-29 with the DP (but paying full price) I want to call and see if i can get the deal with my DIsney Visa but i just want to get a ballpark of how much im going to save

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

TeeCeeFitz said:
Belle,

I believe this was already discussed here, BUT! If I get just the single day ticket with the dinning plan, does it have an experation date on it? I am an Annual Pass Holder and don't need tickets.

Hi there!!! The tickets, regardless of days selected, that are included with this package expire 14 days after the first use!!! Simply dont use the ticket at all and it wont expire. Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

tiggerific418 said:
If you dont mind me asking, what did this cost you? I am currently booked at WL for Aug 24-29 with the DP (but paying full price) I want to call and see if i can get the deal with my DIsney Visa but i just want to get a ballpark of how much im going to save
If you would like, drop me an E mail with how many adults, how many kids and ages of the kids only and I can run you a price quote, specifically for your group, in case you would be interested in switching over!!! Belle

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

Wow. This makes me wish my fiancee was more of an "eater", but I don't think she could handle all the food over the course of the vacation.

Anybody know if they offer free dining in January? I know it's not a part of this offer, but did they have one for last January?

Upvote 0

scorp111

New2WDW said:
I thought this offer was not available until the 4th unless you are a Disney Visa card holder.

I am a Disney Visa holder :)

tiggerific418 said:

It saved my family of 4 (3 eating because one will be under one) almost $700 for the 8 days if we had booked with the paid dining plan at the same hotel.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

SpenceMan01 said:
Wow. This makes me wish my fiancee was more of an "eater", but I don't think she could handle all the food over the course of the vacation.

Anybody know if they offer free dining in January? I know it's not a part of this offer, but did they have one for last January?
Hi Spence, It is a lot of food but broken down pretty well, I think your fiancee would be OK. They did not offer the Free Dining in January at all of this year. I am hesitant to say that they probably wont this year as Disney surprised me with this offer. I Am thrilled about it though. More Disney for less money is always a good thing in my book!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom