Free Dining package discounts 2018 now available for booking

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
We're taking my parents along with my sisters and their families in September. We already had Room Only reservations at Pop, and they all bought their tickets from authorized dealers, which have been added to MDE. Will they be able to add Free Dining or do you have to buy the tickets directly from Disney?

Another question: One family is only going to be there 4 nights, and purchased a 3 day PH. One blog i read said you have to have at least a 4 day PH to be eligible for Free Dining. Is that correct?
You have to purchase a package that includes the room and at least a 4 day park hopper. You can then add the dining to get the free dining. You should be able to get the new room discount applied to save you money as long as there is availability. If there isn't, you may need to change resorts in order to save

Pam

Upvote 0

draybook

I had no problem putting it into my cart(just to price it). Then I saw the $4900 total, not including parking fee and tips. I'm not going to badmouth the promo but it seems like it's "value" is slowly becoming less and less. I'm afraid that our on-site days are coming to an end. Maybe if it was just the Mrs. and me, but with a family I can't justify that extra cost.

Upvote 0

Bronson55

Thanks, I finally connected and msg says more than a two hour wait. Was expecting that. Just miss the Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work we go music because at least I knew I was connected. What we have no is dead silence for last half hour. Sure hope I'm truly connected. :)
UPDATE: While I was still on hold I heard from my sister who was told no more dinning offers for BC. I went to WDW website to check other offers and was able to book the room discount which was 25% at BC . While about $200 less than I would have received had the dining offer been available, the room discount still saved me $1325 so I'm a happy camper .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

I gave up trying to call to apply to existing reservations and just booked another one. Now trying to call to cancel the first one and apply payment to the free dining one. I have not gotten anything but a circuit busy recording all day. I forgot how insane free dining day is.

Upvote 0

maxime29

Premium Member
This caught me off guard. I called and surprisingly got a hold of a cast member within 5 minutes. I was able to book our trip over the phone for the desired resort and dates.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I gave up trying to call to apply to existing reservations and just booked another one. Now trying to call to cancel the first one and apply payment to the free dining one. I have not gotten anything but a circuit busy recording all day. I forgot how insane free dining day is.
You should be able to pull it up in your my Disney experience account and cancel it as well as pay your deposit

Pam

Upvote 0

StoneCutter589

[USER=74302 said:
@StoneCutter589[/USER] when you retrieve your reservation you then select modify. any offer available will then show up and that includes the Disney Visa promotion

I tried that and, although there were six discount offers available, none of them were for Disney Visa Free Dining.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

You should be able to pull it up in your my Disney experience account and cancel it as well as pay your deposit

Pam
Thank you! They are both showing up now in MDE, earlier it was just the one I already made and I had not even looked again. I paid a deposit on the new one but can I get them to just transfer what we paid on the previous rather than wait for it to credit to my card and then pay it on the new one? I hope so lol but I just wanted to make sure so got free dining.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Thank you! They are both showing up now in MDE, earlier it was just the one I already made and I had not even looked again. I paid a deposit on the new one but can I get them to just transfer what we paid on the previous rather than wait for it to credit to my card and then pay it on the new one? I hope so lol but I just wanted to make sure so got free dining.
Unfortunately they won't transfer the funds so it will have to go back to the card that you used.

Pam

Upvote 0

wdisneyw2000

unfortunately I went through a travel agent & she is out of town until Monday I called their office & the person did not understand what I wanted so I guess ill miss out unless there is still something available when she gets back craziness

Upvote 0

wdisneyw2000

we are booked for PO riverside 2 adults 3 children 6nights 7 days so I'm assuming we would need to get 2 rooms at a value resort to even save money if it will save us any at all

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom