• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Free Dining package discounts 2018 now available for booking

fngoofy

It is almost certain that WDW will expand, but equally almost certain that expansion will not result in any resort pricing relief. The only thing that will result in pricing relief is if enough people stop booking the WDW monorail resorts. If the resorts are empty because they are priced too high, only then will WDW reduce the prices.

My wife and I were talking tonight about how dramatic (and crazy) the price increases have been at the monorail resorts over the past 10 years. That said, we will be staying at a monorail resort for our next visit because with young kids, we still think it is worth the high price for our 5 day WDW visit.
I agree with you, that time is money down there (especially with a young child.)

This will blow your mind. 9 yrs ago we took our son for his first trip. We stayed at the Polynesian because the offer was "Buy 4 nights at the resort with park tickets, get 3 nights and park tickets for free."

So you are correct, things have changed over the last 10 yrs.

Crazydisneygirl

Advertisement
What I paid for 4 years ago for 5 adults (boardwalk, tickets, free dining) was the same as what I paid for this year for 3. Prices are getting crazy. this will be my last trip for many many years - until I get grandchildren.

fngoofy

What I paid for 4 years ago for 5 adults (boardwalk, tickets, free dining) was the same as what I paid for this year for 3. Prices are getting crazy. this will be my last trip for many many years - until I get grandchildren.
I hear you. But to match your 5 person trip from the past, you only would need to add cost of 2 tickets. The dining is free and the room is the same either way.

lilclerk

This will blow your mind. 9 yrs ago we took our son for his first trip. We stayed at the Polynesian because the offer was "Buy 4 nights at the resort with park tickets, get 3 nights and park tickets for free."
Oh yeah, that was an amazing promotion, I took my nephew for his first trip with that one. It also included a $200 gift card, which paid for his souvenirs.

Crazydisneygirl

I hear you. But to match your 5 person trip from the past, you only would need to add cost of 2 tickets. The dining is free and the room is the same either way.
They charge an extra $25 per each additional adult. Plus airfair for them. We fly from Seattle to Orlando can get pricy

graphite1326

No there is an extra charge for every adult in the room. At least there used to be.

Top Bottom