Free dining for Jan/Feb 2013???

MITCH 112198

Is there anyone out there waiting for free dining to be offered for Jan/Feb 2013 besides me?
We go to Disney every year on free dining times but always with a set of grandparents in tow, but this coming time in Feb 2013 we are going just the 4 of us. SOOOOOOOOOO excited...

amaley01

Hi Schternli, they ususally have the system down to do web updates and/or upgrades so it could also be show the new fantasyland but really we're all hoping for new promo or packages. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyDad502

I booked our January 2013 package back in August hoping for free dining. After running the numbers the "package" deal at a value resort was the same as the "free dining" when comparing dollar amounts. We booked AOA Little Mermaid rooms so it looks like we will have to go back to Pop until next year.

Upvote 0

Schternli

Room only special offer is UP, but the package discount isn't online yet. "You may call the Disney Reservation Center at 1-(407) 560-CHAT (2428) to book that now. Ask for the 'Play, Stay, and Dine' offer."

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

A New offer has Come!! For January 2nd - March 7th...Here's the Details..
Package With Disney Dining Plan: For example, purchase this 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way package for a family of 4 that includes tickets, the Disney Dining Plan and a standard room at a Disney Moderate Resort — valid for stays most nights January 2 – January 9, 2013, January 13 – January 17, 2013, and January 21 – February 13, 2013 — for just $2,429. That's a savings of $633!

Package With Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan: For example, purchase this 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way package for a family of 4 that includes tickets, a Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan and a standard room at a Disney Value Resort — valid for stays most nights January 2 – January 9, 2013, January 13 – January 17, 2013, and January 21 – February 13, 2013 — for just $1,967. That's a savings of $406!

Total package price based on 2 adults, one junior and one child. The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Savings based on non-discounted price for the same package. Tickets valid for one theme park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use.

According to the details you must book it by December 31st.. For more info....http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....CMP=BAC-CRT|6981997|1009039|87822976|50822830

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I just got a pin offer in my email for up to 35% off room-only or free dining. Anyone else getting that? I wish I could give it to one of you! I just booked another cruise for January under a Kids Sail Free promo on the Disney Magic out of Galveston.

Upvote 0

Schternli

Sweetpee--I wish you could, too!! When we were supposed to go during free dining this year (before I got put on bedrest for 5 months) our total was $2200 and now it's $2600. Wah. :oops:

Upvote 0

the1nonlysinger

Oh sweeetpee! I wish you could share it too! We were already booked with AAA- and the VISA preview discount (without dining) only saved us $100. :( I really wanted the free dining. If we were to do the new offering that includes dining, it would end up costing us an additional $700 for 2 adults. Doesn't seem worth it. I will keep praying that a pin shows up in my inbox!

Upvote 0

SDisney90

I've been booked for AllStar Sports since July, for January 7-13th. Called about an hour ago and went from a $1685.22 total package to $1301.20

That's a 7 Day 6 Night 5 day park admission with the quick service. To upgrade the dining plan it would be $1517.31 not too shabby if you ask me! (2 people going)

Upvote 0

Schternli

PS--out of curiosity, can I ask what a PIN is? Is that just a promotional code? I want on whatever list that is! ;)

I guess they meant what they said on their ad last month that said "Last chance for free dining!", huh?

Upvote 0

erstwo

PS--out of curiosity, can I ask what a PIN is? Is that just a promotional code? I want on whatever list that is! ;)

I guess they meant what they said on their ad last month that said "Last chance for free dining!", huh?

A PIN is a number (usually 8 to 12 digits long if I remember correctly???) that is tied to your name and address (so it can't be used by anyone else - so if I get a PIN, I can't give it to you to use) that is a special discount offer. 9 times out of 10, PIN offers (like Free Dining) will eventually end up being public offers. So don't give up hope on Free Dining yet!

I think Disney is just going to offer this Play, Stay and Dine offer, send out a few PINs, and see how many people book. If there are still enough hotel rooms available, then they'll offer something like Free Dining to entice more people to book in Jan/ Feb. :)

Upvote 0

erstwo

Oh sweeetpee! I wish you could share it too! We were already booked with AAA- and the VISA preview discount (without dining) only saved us $100. :( I really wanted the free dining. If we were to do the new offering that includes dining, it would end up costing us an additional $700 for 2 adults. Doesn't seem worth it. I will keep praying that a pin shows up in my inbox!

Sorry to double post - but I was actually on here looking for info for a friend who booked through AAA. I booked myself for an early February trip and called yesterday to apply the Play, Stay and Dine discount and I saved $400 on a standard Value room package with the Dining Plan (regular, not quick service.)

My friend (going for the same dates) called her AAA agent to apply the same discount and even though she's staying in a more expensive room (Art of Animation Suite) the discount only saved her $100 on her package that included dining. That seemed off to me. Is that because she already got a discount by booking through AAA? Or did her AAA agent just get a 'dud' Disney operator? (I ask that because I had to call twice before anyone knew what I was talking about - you could tell the first operator I got was brand new.) Thanks for any help! :D I've never booked through AAA, so I don't know what to tell my friend!

Upvote 0

Schternli

Erstwo--when I talked to a couple different operators yesterday, the discount didn't apply in the same way to the Art of Animation suites. They didn't apply to the Little Mermaid rooms and the discount was significantly less even on the Lion King or Finding Nemo suites. Could that be the issue?

Upvote 0

the1nonlysinger

I had my AAA agent look at the deal, talked to 2 different Disney operators AND checked the online discounts. Same cost. :( For us it was because the original AAA discount was $300 lower than the original rack rate. So we only got a small discount because it was already so low. But we're staying at a moderate resort, which seems to be why. Our final bill would be $1000 cheaper if we went with the value instead (and it would include the dining plan!) but my DH doesn't want to give up the moderate. Can't say I really blame him ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom