Free dining for Jan/Feb 2013???

MITCH 112198

Is there anyone out there waiting for free dining to be offered for Jan/Feb 2013 besides me?
We go to Disney every year on free dining times but always with a set of grandparents in tow, but this coming time in Feb 2013 we are going just the 4 of us. SOOOOOOOOOO excited...

erstwo

Crossing my fingers for free dining in early February as well. We will probably have to change resorts though and it will be tough to give up AofA, but it would be nice to have the option!

Upvote 0

Todd H

Anybody surprised this hasn't been announced yet? Looking at historical data, it looks like they usually announce in August.

Upvote 0

kellykdawn

Yes!!!!! The chances for spring 2013 free dining are looking very slim........which make me very sad! I am going to keep my fingers crossed and I will go anyways but sure would be nice to munch on some crab legs for free at Cape May in February! :(

Upvote 0
We are Waiting for AP room discounts for Feb 27th for 7 nites!!!!!!..that will determine which resort we decide to stay at.....it's not really that far away!!!!!

Upvote 0

disneypearl

I am surprised but not too worried yet and still hopeful. I have never been able to use the free dining offer yet but would be so excitited if the timing is right this time. Hope they let us know soon!

Upvote 0
I'm going to WDW in Feb 2013. I'm hesitant to make finalize reservations in hopes a free dining plan will be offered. Does anyone know if Disney will refund a paid dining plan if a free one becomes available during your stay?

Upvote 0

MITCH 112198

Original Poster
I have gave up on free dining now for Jan/Feb 2013 due to now the air fare is going up up up, and some of the food places we wanted to eat ate at certain times are filed up too. We booked a 7 day Carnival cruise instead for Jan w/ the kids out of Baltimore, no need now for airfare.

Upvote 0
I can't believe disney is making us wait so long :( I was booked and reserved by labor day last year with a promo. I haven't checked airfare yet but when I last looked in early august it was very good. I'm thinking of just taking the leap and booking and if my dates are off weighing the change fee vs discount. I think disney is really packing them in for 2012 before they start making any 2013 offers. but it stinks for us planners!

Upvote 0

kellykdawn

I am such a planner......I cannot take it anymore... I am obsessed with checking my email for any updates on free dining! I think you are truly obsessed with WDW when all you can think about is planning far enough in advance so that you can score a table at 'Ohana...for dinner!

Upvote 0

the1nonlysinger

We're going January 31-February 8. Finally went ahead and booked- sick of waiting for Disney. Still hoping that they'll pull through with the free dining, but we're going either way.

Upvote 0

kellykdawn

We're going January 31-February 8. Finally went ahead and booked- sick of waiting for Disney. Still hoping that they'll pull through with the free dining, but we're going either way.
I feel ya! I am getting very anxious! Think I am just going to book anyways and I will keep my fingers crossed for myself and everyone else as well! :confused:

Upvote 0

erstwo

I don't think they'll announce anything until the current free dining promotion (for this September - December) expires in nine days on September 29. I'm hoping they'll announce Free Dining for Jan - May in the week or two following.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I'm expecting something to be annouced after this promo is over. The lady I spoke with at Disney Customer Service says they release the promos well before the 45 day pay off/cancelation window for trips. So, for those of us considering a trip Jan 2nd (like myself), 45 days out would be mid-November. So, I would expect that they would annouce something in very early in October.

Upvote 0

Minthorne

I wonder if they think the FLE is enough of a draw that they will be able to get a high enough occupancy rate during this traditional slow period with promotional draws like free dining or room discounts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom