Free Dining 2015?

chanchanchannie13

Original Poster
We plan on going back to disney this year after we visited Animal Kingdom Lodge haha :') But we don't do disney without one of the discounted dining offers... When we visited in 2011 when they first had the free dining plan and loved it! However doing my research I see some say they may not release a dining plan. We are looking to go this year in September when they usually have one available... anyone heard anything? We want to get booking!

DisneyGigi

Does anyone know if you can get the free dining plan if you already booked your trip?
When they release it whether it be General Public, Visa offer, or pin code you can call back and apply the code to existing trip. It rolls out to Disney Visa first, then General Public, and pin code. The pin code offers are usually for better dates and more resorts.

Rob562

Since you'll be staying in a Deluxe resort, you'll want to crunch the numbers for your exact group makeup.

While Free Dining is usually the best offer at Value and Moderate, when you get the the Deluxe and Villa levels a percentage-off discount on the price of the room will often save you more money than the price of the Dining Plan. (Booking Free Dining you must pay the rack rate of the room.)

-Rob

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
You may want to consider booking now and applying the discount if it comes out. This was, you have the room type and resort and you just call and apply the free dining discount.

iYazmo

You are correct. That's exactly what happened last fall at POR ~ enough people booked in anticipation of free dining that Disney did not offer free dining at POR.

I definitely remember this. I was staying at AKL when everyone had booked for POR and you would just hear constant complaining about the lack of free dining wherever you want.

MissingDisney

You may want to consider booking now and applying the discount if it comes out. This was, you have the room type and resort and you just call and apply the free dining discount.
As others have noted, doesn't always work. We had a reservation for CBR and wanted to 'just apply the free dining discount' but that is not how it works. There were no more rooms left for the free dining discount at CBR and even though I already HAD a room and just wanted a discount, they would not do it. The amount of rooms allotted for the discount were gone. I ended up with a room discount instead because we really wanted to stay there.

disneygirl76

As others have noted, doesn't always work. We had a reservation for CBR and wanted to 'just apply the free dining discount' but that is not how it works. There were no more rooms left for the free dining discount at CBR and even though I already HAD a room and just wanted a discount, they would not do it. The amount of rooms allotted for the discount were gone. I ended up with a room discount instead because we really wanted to stay there.

I know understand it is not a sure thing. But its my opinion that its best to have it booked as there is a good chance that the discount can be added. We have had to switch resorts too when the discount we were hoping for didn't have any availability left at the resort we had already booked. But the other handful of times we have booked and applied the discount, it worked out perfectly.

disneygirl76

I am always leery of booking rooms anticipating deals as I fear WDW marketing will have less deals if they notice more rooms booked. Probably just me:)

Hee hee Well, I suppose that could be the true. I used to think that I got pin codes so frequently b/c I had a trip booked and had to cancel. Then I realized it was more to do with where I lived at the time and random luck. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom