Free Dining 2013?

ndtechie05

Hello my wife and I are waiting on the free dining option before booking as we have done this the past 2 years. Has there been any evidence of them offering free dining before the year is over?

G00fyDad

Hee hee. While I can in no way talk about how or what I know and you rightly have no reason to believe me. In my humble opinion, the next promo released will be Free Dining from Aug 15 - late September:)

I didn't mean to say that I didn't believe you. ;) I just mean that it is something that I don't want to get my hopes up for. And if your dates are correct then I still get shafted. LOL I am not getting to WDW until October 11th.

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

Hee hee. While I can in no way talk about how or what I know and you rightly have no reason to believe me. In my humble opinion, the next promo released will be Free Dining from Aug 15 - late September:)

That would be perfect! My niece has been asking when she will get to go again and her birthday is August 18th. I think I could convince my sister to take her of the free dining is on.

Upvote 0
unfortunately free dining as we have known it for the last several years is no more. the chefs, ap's and others have spoken. yes restaurants are packed but are losing massive amounts of money and chefs are refusing from the walmart quality foods they are being given to cook with. on the other hand consumers have proven that they will eat Disney food in even the most vile incarnations. so before you hip hip hooray that free dining is gone and that quality will improve. the restaraunts will be easier to get into and will continue to pack them in, people will pay for what they are were getting for free for at least 2 years before Disney sees massive drops in attendance and may actually improve food quality. Fans are to blame. We tolerated the swill they served and validated it because it was free. We will never see the same quality as we saw before DDP paid or free.

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Not saying that I do or don't believe you BUT......in your humble opinion what do you think about the week after Thanksgiving? ;)

Upvote 0

RNjan1

That's what we're waiting for. I was predicting that this 30% off rooms is ending on 8/14 and that the "lull" in crowds begins the week after that so the free dining may just emerge. Although I don't have any information on this, I keep estimating in my head. (We keep going the last week of August due to the kids in our area don't begin school until after Labor Day) :) Fingers crossed and if not.........we're STILL going...LOL. I love Disney!

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Even if they release this promo and it ends before we go this year then I will still be happy for all those that are able to take advantage of it. :D Keep hoping! I am kind of hoping that I am wrong and that they just skipped the first half of the year for this promo (for whatever reason they had) and that they will release it for the fall and then extend it past our travel dates.

Upvote 0

Adrian0214

Love the positive attitude :) Although, I was hoping for free dining in October. Anyhow, hopeful for free dining for anyone. It's a huge help ;)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Hope you're right. :rolleyes: Going in mid Sept and you would be predicting me a nice savings which I could turn around and spend on other things. Been considering doing other things but not ready to make those reservations yet.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

I just read on another site, from someone who has apparently been doing statistical research on Disney for years, that they really think that the Free Dining will be back for Aug (8th-ish) through most of September. :D Good news for those looking for this and more confirmation that those predicting it here (brucie, etc...) are correct. Let's keep hoping for those that will be affected by this! :D

http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/01/30/walt-disney-world-in-2013/

(Under the section titled: FREE DINING AT DISNEY WORLD IN 2013)

Upvote 0

JohnnyDollaz89

I just read on another site, from someone who has apparently been doing statistical research on Disney for years, that they really think that the Free Dining will be back for Aug (8th-ish) through most of September. :D Good news for those looking for this and more confirmation that those predicting it here (brucie, etc...) are correct. Let's keep hoping for those that will be affected by this! :D

I really hope so since I am going down August 20th!

Upvote 0

Adrian0214

Makes me curious of discounts in October...hummmm....

Upvote 0

bluejasmine

Oh I hope so I lost my job in Aug, and its been a very very bad year for us, we really NEED this trip. Ive been selling all my Disney Dooneys among other things to make this trip but w/o FD or a really good discount (staying POFQ) we wont be able to afford it this yr..:( Really praying it comes out!

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Oh I hope so I lost my job in Aug, and its been a very very bad year for us, we really NEED this trip. Ive been selling all my Disney Dooneys among other things to make this trip but w/o FD or a really good discount (staying POFQ) we wont be able to afford it this yr..:( Really praying it comes out!

I hope it works out for you, but maybe you should stay somewhere else? A value?

Upvote 0
What's the Dreamliner?

Got one...;) Friend of mine booked with Thomson holidays and got free DDP but yes I believe he booked on the first week in January.Saying that he paid extra £££££ for flying the " Dreamliner " and now that plane is grounded and he isn't getting the £££££ back..:(

He's a bit wrong there!
Initially Thompson were not getting their first Dreamliner flight until May this year.
Early flights in 787 are likely to be cancelled.
Flights for May and June are now expected to be in Boeing 767's
Thompson are offering £10 back if you're in 'Economy' plus extra £80 if you're in 'Premium'.

Chas H.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

He's a bit wrong there!
Initially Thompson were not getting their first Dreamliner flight until May this year.
Early flights in 787 are likely to be cancelled.
Flights for May and June are now expected to be in Boeing 767's
Thompson are offering £10 back if you're in 'Economy' plus extra £80 if you're in 'Premium'.

Chas H.
. Yes..I have the Thomson brochure and £10 was the extra in economy but he booked not direct with Thomson ( silly boy )..

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

I dont get why the UK, is my US money not worth as much? after exchange rates and all, it is still the US dollar. You would think filling up hotels would be the main goal, and free dining helps that in the slow season, which is still slow. If it was not for free dining, how many people would not go, quite a bit. WDW wants our money on merchandise, not cheap food. They want us to spend it on cheap made products from china and vietnam. Food to them is just like fish bait. Give us a sniff of something, and we will spend it. And I am the one willing to spend it, because I realise that food/ dining is way overpriced for the quality. It's good because I am at WDW and I do not have to cook or pay for it. Yes, I am paying for it in rooms, but for a party of 6, 30% does not help that much. Plus I want to spend my money on over priced tshirts, stuffed animals, hats, because that is what makes my kids happy, me included. IMHO, free dining equals more cash.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom