Free Dining 2013?

ndtechie05

Hello my wife and I are waiting on the free dining option before booking as we have done this the past 2 years. Has there been any evidence of them offering free dining before the year is over?

Yeah, the whole concept of discounted rooms is also a relatively new concept that started after 9/11 (I think?) We've never known anything other than WDW with either free dining or room discount, but history shows what we've experienced for the past decade or so is an exception, not the rule. And Disney has supposedly promised Wall St that they will scale back their discounts as soon as possible, so get it while the gettin's good!

Well, with idiots managing to get into the parks with guns, they might have another stimulus package to find real quick!

Upvote 0

draybook

If the start date for free dining is two days after my check in, but is on for the remainder of my two week stay, should I be able to take advantage of it?

You'll need to bump up your travel plans. If you don't arrive within a certain amount of time after your check-in they will release the room. However, there is a possibility of them holding it for you, you might want to call the actual resort and find out. Also, try to contact someone at Guest Relations about it, because you'll want to get it in "writing" in an email, so that way there's something solid saying that they will hold it.

Upvote 0

jkl2000

He says this:

"These promo leaks, while helpful on the nerves, don't actually get anyone a deal any sooner. In the end, you still have to call in on the day it's released and wait on hold right along with people who just found out that very morning."

If I already have a trip booked that falls within the dates announced (say, between Oct. 18 and 31st), would I have to call on the day it's released? Couldn't I just call, theoretically, a few days after and have it applied to my existing booking? Or is it a limited number of people who get free dining? Or was he just referring people who haven't booked yet?

Upvote 0

jkl2000

you have to call the day it is released because there are only a limited number of rooms blocked off at each resort for the discount.

But I keep hearing people saying (here) that if you already have a booking during that window, you can have the special offer (free dining) applied to your existing booking. Is that not correct, then? That does seem to be the case for free dining pins that people are still getting emailed to them.

Upvote 0

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
But I keep hearing people saying (here) that if you already have a booking during that window, you can have the special offer (free dining) applied to your existing booking. Is that not correct, then? That does seem to be the case for free dining pins that people are still getting emailed to them.

You have to call and tell them to apply the promo to your room they won't give it to you automatically. If you wait a few days the rooms for you hotel maybe gone. If they only have 50 spots for a certain week the first 50 people get it. So while you still have your original package you won't have free dining.

That said it is possible to book free dining a few days later but it might not be the resort or week you want.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom