Free Dining 2013?

ndtechie05

Hello my wife and I are waiting on the free dining option before booking as we have done this the past 2 years. Has there been any evidence of them offering free dining before the year is over?

alissafalco

Oh and the reason I know about the " Dreamliner " is my ex buddies are still in the airline business. I used to be a pilot but was sacked for flying and drinking at the same time..I explained to the judge it was turbulence,but he didn't believe me.:(

Ha ha, yeah ok....I just read about it. I hope they get the problem resolved and back in the air. I dont know if Americans would opt to pay the extra $$ to fly on that though. Most would probably choose the cheaper route.

Upvote 0

alissafalco

The current Disney discount promotion (room only discount) which runs April 2 - June 4 has to be booked by Sunday, March 31. http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....romotionCode=fy13q2q3room&market=fy13q2q3room

So I would expect the next discount offer to be out shortly (as early as Monday April 1). What the discount will be is anyone's guess, but it generally it is for the begining of the next "Valu" season at WDW which starts this year on August 18 (When southern school go back in session). The bounceback offers last year give you an indication of the next period (See image below). Generally this is the time of year they annouce the Fall "Value" season offer (see http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends for historical release dates). So keep your eyes open. Anything can happen at anytime at this point. Rest assured that the boards will be a buzz if Free Dining is offered. You won't miss it if you are looking.
IMG_1589.jpg

We had this in our room also in sept. but I didn't think it was any great shakes because they always offer free dining. Now the rumors are that they are discounting the free dining promo : (

Upvote 0

Fantasmic

Ha ha, yeah ok....I just read about it. I hope they get the problem resolved and back in the air. I dont know if Americans would opt to pay the extra $$ to fly on that though. Most would probably choose the cheaper route.

Yeah, but most Americans don't have a 9 hour flight to get to WDW! I'd choose the cheapest route if the flight was only a couple of hours!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Yeah, but most Americans don't have a 9 hour flight to get to WDW! I'd choose the cheapest route if the flight was only a couple of hours!
Totally agree..The 33" seat pitch is a must for me.I'am 6foot and need the extra leg room on that flight.Our first trip way back in 2004 we flew with Airtours:eek: 29" pitch.When I got off at Sanford I was so bent over,I'am sure kids on the plane thought I was one of Snow Whites dwarfs.

Upvote 0

meyeet

We booked our September stay with the free dining bounce back offer last September. We're actually hoping they offer free dining in early December so we can move our trip back and be there while the Christmas decorations are out.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Based on the fact that Disney Visa holders have just been offered up .....anywhere from 5-30% room discounts for sometime starting in June thru August 14th...I'm thinking this is probably also going to be the next general public released discount. But we can hope for FD.

Upvote 0

Fantasmic

Totally agree..The 33" seat pitch is a must for me.I'am 6foot and need the extra leg room on that flight.Our first trip way back in 2004 we flew with Airtours:eek: 29" pitch.When I got off at Sanford I was so bent over,I'am sure kids on the plane thought I was one of Snow Whites dwarfs.

Hell, I'm 5ft6 and feel that the seats are teetering on the brink of not having enough room. My OH is 6ft though and he struggles terribly. Last time we went we paid for the bulkhead seats on the way out. BEST DECISION EVER!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Based on the fact that Disney Visa holders have just been offered up .....anywhere from 5-30% room discounts for sometime starting in June thru August 14th...I'm thinking this is probably also going to be the next general public released discount. But we can hope for FD.

Just answered my own thoughts.....pulled this from the Disney Debit cardholder perks page:

This offer becomes available to the general public on April 2, 2013. Call 407-939-7859 or call your travel agent. Book today with your Disney's Visa Debit Card, and mention code ___when you call.

Upvote 0

WDWYankee15

Just answered my own thoughts.....pulled this from the Disney Debit cardholder perks page:

This offer becomes available to the general public on April 2, 2013. Call 407-939-7859 or call your travel agent. Book today with your Disney's Visa Debit Card, and mention code ___when you call.

I agree this will be the next thing. However, there will be something else after that for the next time frame (Mid-August through....) May be Free Dining, May be something else. Time will tell. I would imagine it will be something pretty good, even if not free dining as this newly released promo is out over one of the busier times of the year (School Summer Vaction) so one would imagine that the Fall "Value" season will still see a very good promo.

http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwroommarch13 This new offer has to be booked by 06/14/13, so we may not here another annoucement until around that time or they may just annouce something for the next timeframe earlier.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

All of UK residents are on free DDP for 2013.;)
Umm...I'd be shocked if they didn't offer free dining since they have offered it for several years now (at least 4) and they know people anticipate it. Also, they have already offered it in the UK and in bounceback offers, which makes me think they will open it to the masses. But, not until summer (early June is when I anticipate hearing).

I'd also be shocked if a cast member actually said one way or another because I'm of the understanding they don't even know until the offer is released (or very shortly beforehand)???

The UK gets offers somewhat different than here in the US. They may very well get Free Dining, but it appears to be gone for good in the US.

They will do Free Dining again. Just wait a bit longer. It's coming:)
Can I ask how you know this? Insiders have already proclaimed it dead and gone. The Free DDP that was offered every year for the first couple of times of the year was cancelled. Why is the Fall FreeDDP coming?

Just because they've done it in the past does not mean, whatsoever, that they will be doing it again. I really, truly wish they'd bring it back, but they haven't yet for other, better times of the year, so I doubt that it will be offered for the fall. I hope I am the insiders here are wrong.

Upvote 0

CLandrum

Got one...;) Friend of mine booked with Thomson holidays and got free DDP but yes I believe he booked on the first week in January.Saying that he paid extra £££££ for flying the " Dreamliner " and now that plane is grounded and he isn't getting the £££££ back..:(

My dad helps build the Dreamliner here in Wichita. They have actually increased production and everyone is on manditory overtime due to this. I can only imagine with this recent increase that the battery issue will be solved very soon and they will be flying again in no time.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

My dad helps build the Dreamliner here in Wichita. They have actually increased production and everyone is on manditory overtime due to this. I can only imagine with this recent increase that the battery issue will be solved very soon and they will be flying again in no time.
Cheers for that info..Much obliged.

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Travelled airtours the first two times as well .. It wasn't until our first Virgin trip that we realised how bad cattle class was on them.Premium Economy every time now :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom