FP+ only Toy Story Midway Mania

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I read here daily that people are so sick of the system, they are going to stop going. I endorse this as a way to vote with your feet and your wallet. Most people however, still enjoy disney.
I see more people claim that "they are less inclined to visit". Thats a big difference from "Im going to stop going" True, a few have said they no longer visit, but most people that defend Disney make these wild eyed claims about those who are critical of Disney running around like the world is ending and bashing Disney when in reality its mostly people calling a spade a spade. When someone says something simple like, "MM+ wasnt the best for my family", the Disney defenders are the first to say, "stop going if you hate it", then they turn around and act as if the person said, "im never going to Disney again".

The new system does not make your trip worse, but it does not make it much better, especially in the way that TWDC claims it will. Several billion dollars in and I see nothing different than a few years ago, just rides that used to be walk-ons with a line now, and I can use my phone to do the same thing I could do before.

ETA: my post wasn't about you. Just what I see others saying. Please don't take it as an attack. I always appreciate the other sides opinion

Last edited:

PigletIsMyCat

This week Toy Story Mania will only be available through fastpass, only distributing enough to fill capacity and not allowing guest to use the disability access card or allowing guest services to issue fastpasses.
didn't read through the thread cause I'm on my phone. was at dhs earlier today and we had a fp+ for toy story midway mania. there did not seem to be mass hysteria or rioiting but there were a ton of fp+ CMs and managers everywhere. I believe they were attempting to schedule fp+ for guests without them. the wait time was around 10 minutes.

Amy Brewer

For those that are visiting this week, I think it will be a let down when choosing their fast passes, considering if they want to choose another E ticket attraction in this category (such as TOT or RRC) but have to choose TSMM instead to know they will actually get on the ride.

Captain Neo

didn't read through the thread cause I'm on my phone. was at dhs earlier today and we had a fp+ for toy story midway mania. there did not seem to be mass hysteria or rioiting but there were a ton of fp+ CMs and managers everywhere. I believe they were attempting to schedule fp+ for guests without them. the wait time was around 10 minutes.

Guess the system works

Captain Neo

You can determine that from a single anecdotal report?

How many people got turned away and weren't able to ride at all? What was the wait time at other points during the day? How many ride vehicles were being dispatched empty?

I could go on...

Oh who cares? The ride is garbage anyway so disney is doing everyone a favor. It's not like they are blocking off big thunder or splash mountain or star tours.

Dwarful

I have used the old FP and the new FP+. Not a fan of FP+ , but I can work within its constraints. However, I do not like a no standby option for any attraction. Not every guest will want to ride every attraction or see every show....I personally have no desire to do Mission Space, but I wouldn't want that option taken away.

BrianV

I see more people claim that "they are less inclined to visit". Thats a big difference from "Im going to stop going" True, a few have said they no longer visit, but most people that defend Disney make these wild eyed claims about those who are critical of Disney running around like the world is ending and bashing Disney when in reality its mostly people calling a spade a spade. When someone says something simple like, "MM+ wasnt the best for my family", the Disney defenders are the first to say, "stop going if you hate it", then they turn around and act as if the person said, "im never going to Disney again".

The new system does not make your trip worse, but it does not make it much better, especially in the way that TWDC claims it will. Several billion dollars in and I see nothing different than a few years ago, just rides that used to be walk-ons with a line now, and I can use my phone to do the same thing I could do before.

ETA: my post wasn't about you. Just what I see others saying. Please don't take it as an attack. I always appreciate the other sides opinion

I think I agree that it doesn't make it much better to much worse. The only advantage is avoiding the mad rush to rides like TSMM to get a fast pass. And it does help with park hopping (am at one park without fast pass until the crowds get bad. Afternoon at pool. Evening at second park with FP lined up. )

And I don't think that people should stop going though many have said that they might. But I do see a lot of vitriol (not from you) aimed especially at anyone who doesn't HATE FP+. Much the same way you notice people being told they shouldn't go if they don't like FP+, if anyone defends it, they are told they are disney defenders or whatever.

Look, it has it lovers and it's haters. Then there are the rest of us. This test is awful if it were to become the way of the future. As a test, it is merely annoying.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I think I agree that it doesn't make it much better to much worse. The only advantage is avoiding the mad rush to rides like TSMM to get a fast pass. And it does help with park hopping (am at one park without fast pass until the crowds get bad. Afternoon at pool. Evening at second park with FP lined up. )

And I don't think that people should stop going though many have said that they might. But I do see a lot of vitriol (not from you) aimed especially at anyone who doesn't HATE FP+. Much the same way you notice people being told they shouldn't go if they don't like FP+, if anyone defends it, they are told they are disney defenders or whatever.

Look, it has it lovers and it's haters. Then there are the rest of us. This test is awful if it were to become the way of the future. As a test, it is merely annoying.

This abomination is coming to a E-ticket near you along with a charge to allow you to actually reserve said FP experience IMHO.

Goofyernmost

It is obviously a test to see if it is possible to completely control the crowds by issuing everyone a time to go to it. That was the rumor that floated back when the original FP was instituted. The prediction was that eventually all rides of substance would have a specific time slot for everyone.

Personally, I'm glad that they are trying it out because now they might be able to realize that they cannot exercise that much control over people and their movements without some heady protests and anger. They need to get it out of their systems. FP has been a pain in the rear since it was first thought about. I think that eventually FP will be completely dropped because not only has it not fixed any problems but has created hostility and discontent far beyond what just standing in a moving line did. It was an idea that looked good on paper, but never took into account human nature.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It is obviously a test to see if it is possible to completely control the crowds by issuing everyone a time to go to it. That was the rumor that floated back when the original FP was instituted. The prediction was that eventually all rides of substance would have a specific time slot for everyone.

Personally, I'm glad that they are trying it out because now they might be able to realize that they cannot exercise that much control over people and their movements without some heady protests and anger. They need to get it out of their systems. FP has been a pain in the rear since it was first thought about. I think that eventually FP will be completely dropped because not only has it not fixed any problems but has created hostility and discontent far beyond what just standing in a moving line did. It was an idea that looked good on paper, but never took into account human nature.

Like I said earlier - MM- is the love child of an IT guy afflicted with OCD and a cost accountant. It's quite the ugly baby or as the pediatricians say 'flk'....

gordo19

First post on here.

Was in the park today. Had a FP+ for TSMM FOR 17.00. (Booked 2 weeks ago) Turned up at 17.00 straight through the line and I to the ride, maybe 10 mins max from magic band scan to load.

Area was flooded with CMs earlier in the day booking the extra capacity, also lots of people doing surveys. Capacity was reached, but don't know when.

Did not see any empty cars when I was at the load area

All in all very positive from me today, as was expecting a lot longer wait even with my FP.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
First post on here.

Was in the park today. Had a FP+ for TSMM FOR 17.00. (Booked 2 weeks ago) Turned up at 17.00 straight through the line and I to the ride, maybe 10 mins max from magic band scan to load.

Area was flooded with CMs earlier in the day booking the extra capacity, also lots of people doing surveys. Capacity was reached, but don't know when.

Did not see any empty cars when I was at the load area

All in all very positive from me today, as was expecting a lot longer wait even with my FP.
Thanks for the report. Always good to hear from the "boots on the ground" folks.

AdventureHasAName

fark-c-014.gif~original

Keep giving them your money; they are clearly demonstrating they respect their customer base.

/sarcasm off

MarkTwain

I question the wisdom of this from a crowd control standpoint. As a cast member I worked operations/attractions and also in close proximity to some of the Magic Kingdom mountains. It's generally believed that a HUGE portion of a park's attendance are, at any given time, contained within the queue lines of the various attractions in a park. For an attraction that puts through 2,000 people an hour, with a wait of an hour long, that means theoretically there are 2,000 people standing inside the queue of that attraction (I say "theoretically" because FastPass messed those numbers around some).

On the rare occasion I witnessed, say, Thunder and Splash Mountain being evac'd and having their queues emptied at the same time (it sucks but it happens), you could tell the park almost couldn't handle the sudden addition of the several thousand guests being emptied into the walkways. If every major attraction were to switch to this "queue-less" system, and effectively turning the walkways of the park itself into the queue for the rides, I can't even imagine how much more crowded and insane the parks would feel. On busy days, there could potentially be thousands (or even tens of thousands) more people roaming around the outdoor areas of the park that would otherwise be in line for something. Factor that into how crowded the parks feel already, and I could see this causing quite the crowd control problem.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom