Four Seasons Resort concept art

If you look on page 3 you'll see a map of the ground clearing, it is just north of POR, it is pretty much the intersection of Vista Blvd. and Bonnet Creek Pkwy., could get the live local areial to work

It looks like, at least from the permit map, that they are planning on "expanding" the canal along the west edge of the development area to have "lakefront"...this plot of land is nowhere near Bay Lake...

Go here to see where the site is located, according to the permit

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...97721522548672&ei=IboESJ6pGZGqqgL7k9GgBw&cd=1

WDWEric

It looks like, at least from the permit map, that they are planning on "expanding" the canal along the west edge of the development area to have "lakefront"...this plot of land is nowhere near Bay Lake...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...97721522548672&ei=IboESJ6pGZGqqgL7k9GgBw&cd=1

I think this would make more sense, if they built in bay lake it would be too far from the other parks. maybe they plan on having MK access via the canal to bay lake?

aladdin2007

Yeah this looks more like it, I dont think it will be right on Bay Lake. Isnt some of the area around Bay Lake protected land conservation with Reedy Creek? Or is the entire perimeter for future development?
I know at one point they had planned to build the Wilderness Junction Resort there as it was to have been a sister resort to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness but in the moderate catagory of pricing, like Port Orleans etc.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

There is a third page that now seems to be missing from that permit that also showed the property further north towards bay lake.

Eyorefan

Am I the only one who thought the drawing of the new hotel was pretty? :shrug:

I mean, I understand wanting Disney to be the one building new hotels, I wish they were building this one, but if they are going to out source, at least they have teamed up with a good company who is planing on building a great looking hotel.

jt04

I mean, I understand wanting Disney to be the one building new hotels, I wish they were building this one, but if they are going to out source, at least they have teamed up with a good company who is planing on building a great looking hotel.

I agree! And I can't wait to visit it. I can tell by the building elevation that even if it is on Bay Lake (which I doubt) it won't be very visible from the MK area. But even if it is it will be a great addition. Kinda like a distant mirage off on the horizon. Hopefully the end product is what is depicted in the drawing.

krankenstein

I agree too. It isn't like Disney is allowing Super 8 to build on Bay Lake. I mean it is the freaking Four Seasons, one of the best hotel chains. I look forward to the addition as long as it looks like the concept art. And given the chain I see no reason why it won't be nice and well themed.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I agree too. It isn't like Disney is allowing Super 8 to build on Bay Lake. I mean it is the freaking Four Seasons, one of the best hotel chains. I look forward to the addition as long as it looks like the concept art. And given the chain I see no reason why it won't be nice and well themed.
Agreed. If Disney was building this resort and calling it the Conquistador or something similar no one would be complaining.

GeneralKnowledge

Like I said before, the lake will probably be a man made lake from the fill and stormwater system. They could easily connect it to the canal that goes to bay lake at that site, although I don't know whether or not that canal is navigable. Its nice to know that it most likely won't be right on bay lake.

MousDad

Yes, and the Mouse is the last one to realize the truth of it.

Disney Deluxe resorts are priced about the same as some of these resorts, but otherwise don't do a particularly good job of competing in the market segment that the Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, etc. occupy. I've had the good fortune to stay in a few of these places on business, and there simply is no comparison.

The recent upgrades in Poly and especially Contemporary are helping---the rooms are now more similar in quality. But the overall level of service just doesn't quite measure up.

Whether it's true or not isn't the issue to me, the fact that the President of WDW would publicly admit it (even if in veiled terms) is pathetic.

fyn

Agreed. If Disney was building this resort and calling it the Conquistador or something similar no one would be complaining.

If the theming is top notch, the staff are cast members, and it feels like Disney, then I think most people would be satisfied. Also, I highly doubt Disney "sold off" the land as some people have said. I think this is very similar to the business agreement with Starwood and the Swan & Dolphin.

wannab@dis

Whether it's true or not isn't the issue to me, the fact that the President of WDW would publicly admit it (even if in veiled terms) is pathetic.
Not really "pathetic" at all... it's simply accepting brand loyalty within the marketing strategy.

A lot of people, especially in the upper income brackets, equate certain brands with luxury, service and amenities today and Four Seasons is such a brand. WDW can instantly garnish that brand loyalty along with their Parks brand loyalty with a single deal. I have business aquaintances that do not consider "Disney Resorts" a vacation option. They do consider "Disney Parks" an option, but only when staying at a luxury brand resort.

fyn

While I agree her comments sound like they went 12 rounds with a sanitizing PR Firm, I'd rather executives be forthcoming and honest in their opinions. We all know Disney Deluxe hotels aren't 5 star accommodations, and I'm glad to hear someone high in the rafters there recognizes that. I would have preferred Disney finance the project themselves, but I can't blame them for splitting the cost with Four Seasons.

tirian

No, many of us think it's beautiful.

I just hope it doesn't interfere with in-park sightlines! The Swan and Dolphin don't bother me too much because they blend into Epcot's grand-scale architecture, but a Four Seasons towering over the MK wouldn't be acceptable.

tirian

While I agree her comments sound like they went 12 rounds with a sanitizing PR Firm

She was an HR director. Everything she announces will sound like that.

EDIT:
This is an observation. I'm not trying to demonize her!

tirian

The original announcement from months ago said the hotel would be built in the northeast section of WDW property.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tasmanet is right. Hold yer horses everyone. RCID Canal C1 runs along the eastern edge of WDW; the area on the planning PDF is in the bottom right corner of the map Tasmanet linked to.

It`s going to be a new lake, and one long trip by boat to the MK. The only thing than may be wrong is the distance for a boat: C1 runs to South Lake, not Bay Lake. This will mean either a brand new long canal direct to Bay Lake, or a spur to canal L-105, which in itself is a problem since it is RCID controlled; at the north end is sluice gate L-105A. Not boat friendly!

jt04

Tasmanet is right. Hold yer horses everyone. RCID Canal C1 runs along the eastern edge of WDW; the area on the planning PDF is in the bottom right corner of the map Tasmanet linked to.

It`s going to be a new lake, and one long trip by boat to the MK. The only thing than may be wrong is the distance for a boat: C1 runs to South Lake, not Bay Lake. This will mean either a brand new long canal direct to Bay Lake, or a spur to canal L-105, which in itself is a problem since it is RCID controlled; at the north end is sluice gate L-105A. Not boat friendly!

Holy Cow! Do you live outside the country because you know too much? I really wish you would write a "History of the World" book (almanac). Thanks for all the great information!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom