Four Seasons Resort concept art

TravisMT81

No, many of us think it's beautiful.

I just hope it doesn't interfere with in-park sightlines! The Swan and Dolphin don't bother me too much because they blend into Epcot's grand-scale architecture, but a Four Seasons towering over the MK wouldn't be acceptable.

You have to be kidding me!! The Swan and Dolphin do not blend in with the force perspective architecture of Epcot. The Four Seasons will not be towering over the MK, you will not even be able to see it from the MK.

jt04

You have to be kidding me!! The Swan and Dolphin do not blend in with the force perspective architecture of Epcot. The Four Seasons will not be towering over the MK, you will not even be able to see it from the MK.

To know that it will be over east of bay lake and then to think it will tower over the MK or mess up sight lines is, well I don't know what it is. Some people are just not good with spatial perspectives or relationships. Not good at all.

Magicot

I don't know why people are expecting it to be a nice quick boatride from this new resort to MK. From Poly or GF it's a fairly quick boat ride to the park. But from FW and sometimes WL its takes a significant amount of time. You wait on the dock for 5-20 mins and then the trip over is usually about 20-30 mins. I can't even imagine how long it would take to get from the 4S resort all the way to MK. Better off leaving the canal alone and taking the bus!

TP2000

Disney Deluxe resorts are priced about the same as some of these resorts, but otherwise don't do a particularly good job of competing in the market segment that the Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, etc. occupy. I've had the good fortune to stay in a few of these places on business, and there simply is no comparison.

Sadly, this isn't just a Florida thing. It's bad like that here in SoCal at Disneyland.

Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Day Spa charges the same amount, or more, per night as local Orange County 4 star deluxe hotels like Ritz Carlton Laguna, Hotel Montage Laguna, St. Regis, etc., etc. But those other hotels actually deliver on the service promise of a 4 star deluxe hotel.

The Grand Californian pretends to offer 4 star service and charges you for it, but really only gives you a level of a 3 star hotel on a good day, and then tries to play it off because you are supposed to be so impressed with your view of the Sun Wheel and Maliboomer.

Worse yet, too many of the Grand Californian CM's put a dollop of attitude on top of their 3 Star service level and act like they are the best thing in Orange County since running water. Sadly, the really great hotels in OC are 30 minutes south of Disneyland on the cliffs above the ocean and they are charging the same amount of money per night and blowing the service of the Disneyland hotels out of the water.

It's actually kind of sad when you think of how great Disney service used to be. :(

GrumpyFan

My question is this if the four seasons is truly a "4 or 5 star resort" how much, compared to staying at the grand, poly or the contemporary. Is it going to cost to stay there? Will the price be comprable to higher end hotels or even more expensive????:shrug:

I would expect their rates to start about where Disney's Deluxe resorts end. Compare current rates at Four Seasons resorts in Palm Beach, which start around $350.

I'm wondering how Disney is going to manage to draw and entertain this higher class of guests who will be expecting more than the average family visiting WDW most of whom will be paying less than $3000 for their entire trip. The guests choosing to stay at Four Seasons usually spend well above $5000 for a vacation, and expect quite a bit more for it.

Let's face it, if you were abundantly rich, would you really want to go and spend a few days in standing in long lines at WDW with the "common folk" (no offense), pushing their strollers, cutoff shirts, body odor, etc.? If I were in that class, I think spending time at WDW would be somewhat low on my list of hot vacation spots, especially in comparison to other worldly destinations that are more much private and amicable to the wealthy.

wedway71

I do wonder why Disney needed a luxury brand Hotel like Four Seasons for this. I know that it will cost them much less if anything but I would think in the long run, Disney could make more money if they built their own luxury Hotel like the Venetian.

I wonder if Disney will have rights to run Merchandise shops within the Hotel.

So the resort complex will have a Four Seasons Hotel and Disney Golf Course?

s8film40

Both South Lake and Lake Marble are not accesible to this property since the canal borders them, leaving Bay lake the only large lake accesible to the property. However I think they will build the hotel closer to the road on the site shown in the permit. If youv'e ever taken the old wooden walkway from Fort Wilderness around Bay Lake you know that the land to the east of the lake is very swampy and would need a lot of work to be suitable to build on. I think the land around Bay Lake would probably be used for future expansion of the NE Resort since it would likely cost more to develop it would make sense to use it only after the easier less expensive land is used. This would mean if it is ever to be devoloped it would be more likely to be included as part of the single family housing element of the resort. While I'm sure most will think that the idea of houses on Bay Lake is even worse than an ouside hotel, it might not be that bad. Afterall there already is a housing development located on the north side of Bay Lake and most people probably don't even know it.

Shaman

I agree with the post earlier in the thread...it looks like every other upscale hotel in Orlando...the JW Marriott/Ritz Carlton combo come to mind.

I would expect their rates to start about where Disney's Deluxe resorts end. Compare current rates at Four Seasons resorts in Palm Beach, which start around $350.

I'm wondering how Disney is going to manage to draw and entertain this higher class of guests who will be expecting more than the average family visiting WDW most of whom will be paying less than $3000 for their entire trip. The guests choosing to stay at Four Seasons usually spend well above $5000 for a vacation, and expect quite a bit more for it.

Let's face it, if you were abundantly rich, would you really want to go and spend a few days in standing in long lines at WDW with the "common folk" (no offense), pushing their strollers, cutoff shirts, body odor, etc.? If I were in that class, I think spending time at WDW would be somewhat low on my list of hot vacation spots, especially in comparison to other worldly destinations that are more much private and amicable to the wealthy.

I somewhat agree, but you make every person able to afford a Four Seasons Disney vacation out to be an elitist or aristocratic....I think some people (if not most) that like and can afford the services of the hotel and the overall experience, but love the Disney park experience as well.

:lol: :shrug:

Will this hotel have a convention center?

s8film40

In this image you can see that the area around Bay Lake is considered to be "Marginally suitable" for development the black area is conservation and creates a border between the NE Resort and the Bay Lake area however a "bridge" could be built between the two areas similar to the "bridges" throughout Celebration.
2416758529_205a3705d8_b.jpg

s8film40

It looks like the Bay Lake area is safe for now, in the image below you can see that it is not included in the deannexation.
2417661138_8a34babbc0_b.jpg

tirian

I know. It's called sarcasm. :)

Please refer to my earlier post in which I point out that the Four Seasons was always to be constructed in the upper corner of WDW property. This was announced last year; it's nothing new.

MousDad

it's simply accepting brand loyalty within the marketing strategy.

Has anyone ever told you that you talk like Meg? :wave:

Just joking with you. I'm not a Meg basher. Just didn't care for the tone of the announcement.

I hope the new resort ends up being a real positive enhancement to Walt Disney World.

vickyvale

I kinda like the addition of the Four Seasons to Disney property. I certainly don't want to see all new resorts be partnerships or third parties, but I like the variety - same as I enjoy going to Citricos at times and House of Blues at others.

Plus, I do think it's getting more difficult for resorts like the Grand to compete with the Ritz and soon the Waldorf Astoria.

Disneykidder

I may have missed this but where are they planning to build this? I have stayed at the Four Seasons in W. Palm and it was great!! Although I loved it, not so sure I want to see it in WDW...while they're at it...put in a Marriot and Holiday Inn!!:)

s8film40

if you look at my previous post it is going to be somewhere within the section that has the diaganol lines in it the rest of the area will be houses.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Also, realize that this is property that the majority of WDW guests have never seen.

It's off the beaten path and most guests will never know that it's even there, much less notice it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom