Four Seasons Resort concept art

Jose Eber

"Meg is raping my childhood"

That was funny. In a sick way.

Any chance of getting a better resolution image? Where did it come from. Good find regardless.

There is little integrity left in the Disney Corporation. Compromise, compromise, compromise. Meg fits right in. She did get her undergrad degree in marketing. So she knows how to B.S. well. Its a gift?

Shouldn't we be mad at Walt for not having a proper succession? Its just sad to see a dynasty destroyed by untalented people.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Is it just me, or is that resort much closer to Epcot then MK? Also, the new pet resort thing is being built right around there too near the Port Orleans resorts.

Brian Noble

I'm wondering how Disney is going to manage to draw and entertain this higher class of guests who will be expecting more than the average family visiting WDW most of whom will be paying less than $3000 for their entire trip.
There are plenty of high-end experiences already on property. For example, the AK safari meals that are offered only to concierge-class guests. I can imagine these sorts of VIP viewing opportunities could easily be expanded.

However, if that's not enough, I have two words: Night Kingdom.

s8film40

By the way if anyone is considering buying a house in the NE Resort, you should note that most of the property is part of the 100 year floodplain. I would imagine the Four Seasons will probably be constructed on the higher ground with the houses built surrounding it on the lower terrain. Im sure that they would take this into consideration during planning and construction, but since most of these houses will probably not be occupied 365 days a year, this community will likely be built with very different considerations than a traditional community.

2421349286_e7bf37655f_b.jpg

s8film40

Holy COW that's going to be a long boat ride.

I don't think there's going to be a boat ride unless they decide to develop the area along the east coast of Bay Lake. The canal you see running from Bay Lake to the NE Resort can't be used not only because of its narrow width but there is also a water control levy at the canal's entrance to Bay Lake. This canal is part of the interconnected 47 miles of canals running throughout the WDW property that control proper drainage across the property.

s8film40

I don't think transportation is going to be a big element in this project. The way this Resort Community is being designed it really makes it very difficult to provide transportation. While the largest concentration of people will likely be in the hotel keep in mind that guests/residents will be spread out throughout the resort in houses and condos as well. I would expect there to be bus transportation from the hotel and maybe some central point that is convenient for other residents. When this project was in its early stages it was to be an addition to Celebration where there is no theme park transportation. Anyone who knows the Celebration area well understands the target audience of this project, it's the high end European market who come and stay for several weeks or months out of the year and own or rent their own vehicle wile visiting.

Jose Eber

Just to confirm what ^ you ^ said.

Yes, there is no water access, there is a water level control levy at the mouth of that little river. In fact, saw it with my own eyes today.

Also, zoom in on google maps and you'll see what we are talking about: Pic

I love the Four Seasons Brand. And I love Walt's work. Its just sad Disney couldn't keep up the guest service and needed to bring in outside help.

s8film40

Just to confirm what ^ you ^ said.

Yes, there is no water access, there is a water level control levy at the mouth of that little river. In fact, saw it with my own eyes today.

Also, zoom in on google maps and you'll see what we are talking about: Pic

I love the Four Seasons Brand. And I love Walt's work. Its just sad Disney couldn't keep up the guest service and needed to bring in outside help.
I don't think this project is a result of Disney not keeping guest service up (thats a whole different story)it's more likely a way for Disney to sell off land that is not needed. The project was originally intended to be in Celebration which is actually just a past (successful) attempt to sell off land. Moving the project to it's current location will increase the value of the land and therfore increase the projected profit for Disney. This is a very different kind of resort than existing Disney resorts at least from the business perspective, this is a real estate development wheras existing Disney resorts would be considered a reinvestment in the property. This will generate large income when the land is sold and once that is complete it will cease to create income (at least directly) for Disney.

fyn

I don't think this project is a result of Disney not keeping guest service up (thats a whole different story)it's more likely a way for Disney to sell off land that is not needed. The project was originally intended to be in Celebration which is actually just a past (successful) attempt to sell off land. Moving the project to it's current location will increase the value of the land and therfore increase the projected profit for Disney. This is a very different kind of resort than existing Disney resorts at least from the business perspective, this is a real estate development wheras existing Disney resorts would be considered a reinvestment in the property. This will generate large income when the land is sold and once that is complete it will cease to create income (at least directly) for Disney.

Do we know that the land is actually being sold, or are we speculating?

s8film40

Do we know that the land is actually being sold, or are we speculating?

Yes, this is the reason that Disney has asked Orange county for the land to be de-annexed from the RCID. Any business or homeowners would otherwise have voting rights whithin RCID.

kurros

No it is not.

The area Celebration was built on was de-annexed from RCID and made buildable in exchange for TWDC taking over land where Disney Wilderness Preserve is now located.

s8film40

So, is Celebration not Disney-owned property?

For the most part yes. When Disney decided to build Celebration they went through the same process that they are going through now. They had the land de-annexed from RCID and then sold it off bit by bit. They maintined ownership of some elements of the property to better control the property and increase sales, for example up until a few years ago they owned and operated the town center area until it was sold to Lexin. There are still a few little bits and pieces owned by Disney (The Celebration Company) and of course they still own the portions yet to be sold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom