? for EyeGlasses Wearers

dandaman

Some parks outside of Disney (Cedar Fair being a notable example) require you to wear athletic straps for your glasses or leave them with a non-rider. I was having contact troubles last October and bought the strap instead.

Lemme tell you, if my glasses handled a 120-mph launch and wind resistance no problem, it's probably your best option. :lol: Mine cost $10 but there's some cheaper ones if you know where to look.

TTFN-Tiggger

I have a pair of old prescription sunglasses that fit tight and that is what I wear on the rides so if I loose the no big deal. I worry more about RnR adn ToT. All the other coasters I have never had trouble with them.

atterris

You can buy elastic strapes to hold your glasses on. They sell them in all of the parks. They slip right over the ear piece and stem of the glasses. I use them all the time for the rollercoasters and they work GREAT! Worth the three bucks.

This is what I did and I did't lose mine:)

disney111

When I used to wear glasses I would wear them on everything. I remember taking them off before the drop on Splash Mountain but that was more because I didn't want to get them wet. The water parks I didn't wear them though.

Phonedave

Do you take off your glasses before getting on the rides? If so, what do you do with them? I know this sound silly but I'm trying to cover everything. Only 6 more days!!!!

Stick them in my pants/shorts pocket

But then I can see without them. I just see better with them :D

-dave

debokaras

You're gonna laugh, but I wrap mine in tissue and stick them inside my shirt... Between "the girls". Sorry...haha But it works for me! Especially if the Lord has blessed you in that area.

drp4video

I always keep mine on, except for the end of Splash Mountain. WHen I am going up the incline before the drop, I take em off sometimes just because they get so darn wet and then I can't see the zip a dee doodah part. Plus then I have to walk around with spots till I can clean em. lol

joanna71985

I either wear mine or put them in my pockets (gotta love cargo shorts!). I hate not being able to wear them though (as I am almost blind without them). So the only time I don't wear them is RNRC.

Man I can't wait til I can get Lasik!

Saintsfan75

I too, have had lasik (best money ever spent!), but when I was younger I hardly ever took my glasses off. I had extremely bad vision (almost legally blind) so without my glasses I couldn't see a thing. We live in Southeastern Michigan and frequently took trips to Cedar Point in Ohio. There they have huge roller coasters, and even then I usually left them on.
I think you will be ok leaving them on, except for maybe on RnRC, just because of the loop de loops. Maybe just get the strings for a little extra insurance. We'll be down in 5 days so maybe we'll see you there! I have a yellow WDWMagic Tshirt so maybe you'll recognize me! I hope you have fun on your vacay:wave:!

We'll be there in 6 days, escaping Mardi Gras. We'll probably all pass each other many times and not even know it.

DivineMadness7

Also to those who wear contacts, always keep your glasses handy in case you lose a contact or, god forbid, develop a problem and you cannot wear them.

YES this happened to me last august on our trip! After over a dozen years of wearing contacts, my eyes decided to just quit cooperating. I've never been so happy to have my glasses with me. Now I wear them more often than my contacts since the problem has been ongoing since that trip. I also have the magnetic clip-on sunglasses and they are great!

PigletIsMyCat

DH always took them off, just in case, but he's not as blind as I am.

Those straps are well worth it. We went to a small amusement park when I lived in New York (Adventureland) and my girlfriend lost her glasses on the wild mouse coaster they have there. It was actually quite hysterical. To me, at least. But then, I could still see...

MissM

I'm blind and it wouldn't do me a smidge of good to take them off. I'd never see anything. So I have a pair of prescription sunglasses and regular ones and I switch out as I get on or off rides. A bit of a hassle, yes, but worth it. You really need sunglasses while at WDW.
-m

DME

I wear glasses and never take them off. If I did, I wouldn't be able to see to well. I could see how sunglasses could come off as they're not always fitted as well as perscription glasses but if you're talking about perscription glasses, no need to worry, not even on the fast rides like RnR or Tower.

DME

Those straps are well worth it. We went to a small amusement park when I lived in New York (Adventureland) and my girlfriend lost her glasses on the wild mouse coaster they have there. It was actually quite hysterical. To me, at least. But then, I could still see...

I've been too Adventureland. In Farmingdale, right? I was always too scared to go on their rides...I mainly stuck to the bumper cars and bumper boats.

songbird

OT but I live about 10 minutes from Adventureland, my kids love spending time there.

At WDW I bring an old pair of glasses and I stick them in my bag on the big rides. but a few years ago, at Universal, I bought one of hose elastic straps -- I'd just finished chemo and was wearing a wig, and was afraid the wig would go flying on one of the rides where they tell you to hold onto your hat, and the glasses strap held not only the glasses but also the wig.

songbird

I've been too Adventureland. In Farmingdale, right? I was always too scared to go on their rides...I mainly stuck to the bumper cars and bumper boats.
yes, Farmingdale...and most of the rides are not scary..but there are a few I will never ride.

LoriMistress

DH and I wear glasses, and on some attractions we would take our glasses off. We use a certain paste that prevents your glasses from steaming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom