For all those in the path of Gustav!

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
Just want to say that I hope everyone stays safe and if you are in the path and plan on evacuating or even staying..please post here and let us know where you are and how you are doing if you can so people do not worry like I know some did for Katrina.

I am leaving for Georgia sometime tommorow evening...a few people here have my numbers and I have theirs and I will be updating them with how things are and to let them know we are safe.

If possible please do the same....we want our WDWMagic family to stay safe and know that we are thinking of them..:)

God Bless...:kiss:

davidpw97

To anyone evacuating or considering evacuating to the Atlanta area but does not have a place to stay:

I work in a hotel on the southwestern side of Atlanta and we currently have rooms available. Our projected occupancy percentage for next week has gone up by about 30% in the last couple days so rooms are filling up quickly but we do have them available at the moment. It's a fairly new (2 years old) Hampton Inn in a nice quiet part of town, about 35 min. south of Downtown ATL. So if anyone is looking for a place to evacuate to, you can PM me and I can provide you with information on exactly where the hotel is located and who to contact. I can't get you discounts but can provide you with comfy beds and maybe even a mini-Gustav evacuee meetup.

Hope everyone stays safe wherever they end up.

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
My sister and her kids did the same thing...They arrived last night and are at the Studios today..

My other sister was already there on vacation but extended it till Thrusday because of the storm..

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
We are going to a friends house in Byron.....
Better then having Maggie in a hotel room for days and she has kids and toys to play with..

Tater48

Stay safe everyone, especially all of you on the Gulf Coast. The wife will be taking the dogs and going to her mothers. I expect to be called in late Sunday or early Monday to deal with the people who are not quite right and want to get out and play in this thing. This could turn out to be a windfall for me though, as I will get paid in 24 hour increments until it is over and done. Should be enough to pay for our next trip to WDW. Gee, I love my job. :rolleyes:

SeaBreeze

We are going to a friends house in Byron.....
Better then having Maggie in a hotel room for days and she has kids and toys to play with..

Very smart move getting out of the way early and bringing your daughter to a place that will be a fun little trip for her. Gustav is a monster... almost a Cat 5 :eek: Please stay safe everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom