Footwear of Choice?

Club Cooloholic

What footwear do you guys pack for your Disney trips?
Right now I am breaking in a new pair of Sperry Topsiders for my trip next week. I am also planning to pack Teva Sport Sandals or flip flops.
Where I am torn is sneakers. My super light pumas, or my cushy soled Target Brand sneakers.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
What footwear do you guys pack for your Disney trips?
Right now I am breaking in a new pair of Sperry Topsiders for my trip next week. I am also planning to pack Teva Sport Sandals or flip flops.
Where I am torn is sneakers. My super light pumas, or my cushy soled Target Brand sneakers.

I thought I had it all figured out last trip and my feet were destroyed!!!!!!! OMG! It was terrible. So I love this thread b/c I have been searching for answer. I can say for the next trip, I am going to get a proper pair of professionally fitted walking shoes from a proper shoe store. No Target or off the shelf for me. Maybe that will finally help. :)

Upvote 0

danpam1024

I've heard good things about those. My favorite pair of Clarks finally bit the dust...tried having them repaired but they broke again, so I am in the market for a comfy pair of flip flops before our June trip. Might have to check into a pair of these.
they have closed toes ones too. My DS love his Sanuk flips- we actually bought them at Uni when his feet were hurting. They're prettier than crocs ;) maybe I should get a pair!

Upvote 0

danpam1024

I thought I had it all figured out last trip and my feet were destroyed!!!!!!! OMG! It was terrible. So I love this thread b/c I have been searching for answer. I can say for the next trip, I am going to get a proper pair of professionally fitted walking shoes from a proper shoe store. No Target or off the shelf for me. Maybe that will finally help. :)
Those shoe stores are hard to come by these days!

Upvote 0

Tink0102

Yes they are. Thankfully, we have two of them in our town. They have this crazy foot scanner on them so it knows your pressure points. But they are still so expensive! Another day at disney or a pair of stinking sneakers!
But so worth it. I went to one of stores near us last year and bought a pair. I think they were around 70.00 on sale...not so bad for a good pair of shoes.

Upvote 0

Tink0102

We havent been yet....our first trip is June, but I do plan to take them. They put me in an Asics duomax. It has a stabilizing bar in it. I roll my foot and ankle to the outside and the bar helps with that.​

Upvote 0

Cassie S.

I go on my trip next month and am hoping I made the right choice footwear wise. I did a lot of research and ended up buying Saucony sneakers and crocs sandals. I have gone for walks in my neighborhood and they are both VERY comfy. We will see how they hold up for a week in the parks. I am going prepared with moleskin and blister bandaids...

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

We havent been yet....our first trip is June, but I do plan to take them. They put me in an Asics duomax. It has a stabilizing bar in it. I roll my foot and ankle to the outside and the bar helps with that.
I assume you went to a running store if you walked out w/ Asics (my running shoe of choice btw).
@disneygirl76 - I see you are in NoVA, so you have a ton of shopping options. In addition to the running stores, try one of the Walking Stores that are in a lot of malls.

I cannot wear flip-flops to amusement parks. First those cheapo ones are just killing your legs. But even the fancier ones, with support, I won't do. I am afraid not to have some sort of foot protection from all the strollers, scooters, and just plain stupid/not-paying-attention-to-where-they-are-going-people. And there is no protection for my feet from all the filth. I like real shoes in a park!

I mostly wear my running shoes. Too hot in FL, but I will stand by the comfort of Dr. Martens any day!

I think as important as the shoes are the socks. No more crappy cotton socks from Target for me. Since it is hot, I especially like thin socks like I get from Wrightsocks and Feetures. WS are thin, but a double layer, so blister control. Feetures are some of the best true no show socks I have ever had (only ones that didn't bunch down - I have a narrow heel). But best with all the ones I wear now - wicking and moisture control! Makes a huge difference.

Upvote 0

Figmentation

I've worn both normal sneakers and socks and strap-on sandals.
In the end I like the sandles more, mostly because of my big toe... it llikes to rub against the top of my shoes and it hurts more than the bottoms of my feet by the end of the trip. Sandals lets my feet have open air, though they are not as comfortable as shoes.... I feel better. :)

Upvote 0

jazznrachie

I always seem to have issues with overuse injuries in my feet, so I stick to my New Balance running shoes. Crocs are okay for half day trips for me, and flip flops okay for walking around a resort, but I really need the support of my running shoes.

Upvote 0

danpam1024

for our last trip to Uni I bought a pair of sketchers GO Walk mary janes
images

they are super lightweight, comfy, and dried really quickly after they got wet. They come in a bunch of styles and colors now. At the Sketchers outlet near me they are buy one get one 50% off...so next paycheck I'm getting 2 new pair for our trip in June :). The only negative I can think of is I like to wear socks and with this particular style you cannot wear socks- they look ridiculous!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

I assume you went to a running store if you walked out w/ Asics (my running shoe of choice btw).
@disneygirl76 - I see you are in NoVA, so you have a ton of shopping options. In addition to the running stores, try one of the Walking Stores that are in a lot of malls.

I cannot wear flip-flops to amusement parks. First those cheapo ones are just killing your legs. But even the fancier ones, with support, I won't do. I am afraid not to have some sort of foot protection from all the strollers, scooters, and just plain stupid/not-paying-attention-to-where-they-are-going-people. And there is no protection for my feet from all the filth. I like real shoes in a park!

I mostly wear my running shoes. Too hot in FL, but I will stand by the comfort of Dr. Martens any day!

I think as important as the shoes are the socks. No more crappy cotton socks from Target for me. Since it is hot, I especially like thin socks like I get from Wrightsocks and Feetures. WS are thin, but a double layer, so blister control. Feetures are some of the best true no show socks I have ever had (only ones that didn't bunch down - I have a narrow heel). But best with all the ones I wear now - wicking and moisture control! Makes a huge difference.

Thanks! Yes, there are two shops on king street and I think I might go to a podiatrist too. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Thanks! Yes, there are two shops on king street and I think I might go to a podiatrist too. :)

Upvote 0

KCheatle

In the past I've worn my Nike flip flops all trip. I love them! They don't hurt my feet and I'm so used to them that it's no biggie to wear them all day (I buy a few new pairs every year). The other reason I like them is I CANNOT stand wearing wet shoes. If I wore tennis shoes, it would be to either Epcot or HS on a day I KNOW it wasn't going to rain because I know there are not any water rides there. My tennis shoes (I just got them like 10 days ago) are Brooks - they are wonderful. I wear them to run and for cross-training. I switched from pair of Nikes and I'll tell you what - I think I've got a new shoe addiction.

Anyway...for those of you who do wear tennis shoes- do you just tolerate the wet shoe or do you have any secrets for tennis shoes getting wet?

Upvote 0

gregsanity

I wore my 2013 Nike Airmax+ sneakers. Very comfortable for all the walking I did for 7 days at WDW. I also wore sandals on the rainy days so my feet were still comfortable even being wet.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

Anyway...for those of you who do wear tennis shoes- do you just tolerate the wet shoe or do you have any secrets for tennis shoes getting wet?

I don't recall having an issue with this. I guess when I have ridden water rides, it happens. Or maybe I have been pretty good at keeping them dry? I seriously cannot recall! I know any any park where I am staying close, I just go straight back to the room after the water ride. I guess maybe I just put up with it until they dry. o_O

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom