Food & Wine Festival - Drunkytown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Remus

I love those threatening law enforcement. For one there is something called intent. Accidentally falling on someone doesn't classify as assault. Public intoxication wouldn't be prosecuted at a wine festival. I also don't need someone telling me how little I can enjoy an adult beverage no more than I should be able to force them to overly enjoy one. Lastly it's pathetic that people would even think its okay to waste "the locals" (sorry I had to) tax payers money and waste the time and resources of law enforcement. This mentality is beyond reasoning with so therefore I will not try to reason with it. Just merely point it out.

Disney at least thinks that Disney World is a place to drink. If they didnt they wouldn't sell it. Hell, its encouraged. Between festivals centered around it and night clubs they want us all to buy over priced drinks. Locals news stations are always waiting for something nefarious to happen with Disney and sensationalize the tiniest hint of negativity to lead the evening news with when available. I've not once seen a story reporting anything, not even the slightest mention, in regards to something that has happened due to the food and wine festival and crazily drunk guests.

Locals also utilize taxis as well as stay on property just like tourists do. I stayed at the Dolphin, the Yacht Club and the Swan this year on three weekends different I attended F&W and wanted to consume my fair share.

Next year we need to do a WDW magic forum drink around the world.

Disney at least thinks that Disney World is a place to drink. If they didnt they wouldn't sell it. Hell, its encouraged. Between festivals centered around it and night clubs they want us all to buy over priced drinks.

Next year we need to do a WDW magic forum drink around the world.

I agree! This is what I've been saying. Disney wants that money! :greedy:

And if someone plans the wdwmagic "drink around the world", I'll be there!! :D

rkelly42

After being at epcot last week I do have to say that Disney is pushing the envelope of being a family place with having the food and wine festival. I do have to say that 90% of the people at the F&W festival seem to be responsible and just out to enjoy the night and not over indulge, as for the other 10% it is embarrassing to watch. I for one got tired of my kids asking what was wrong with the few people who were stumbling or laying down on a bench or throwing up. I for one like the idea of the F&W festival for those who enjoy it responsibly. On the other hand I do not think it is a great time to bring children to the park just for the fact I do not think it embodies what walt's vision was for his world was.

I am sure Disney knows there is a "local" problem and it is only a matter of time before they start taking measures to keep the "riff raff" out of the park. I would imagine a requirement that any F&W visitor be the holder of an AP or minimum 3-day pass would do the trick. More than likely, the drunks you see are not well-off and had to sell their plasma or EBT card in order to score a day pass. Up it to a minimum 3-day pass and I will guarantee the debauchery and degenerate behavior will decrease substantially.

BuddyThomas

I am sure Disney knows there is a "local" problem and it is only a matter of time before they start taking measures to keep the "riff raff" out of the park. I would imagine a requirement that any F&W visitor be the holder of an AP or minimum 3-day pass would do the trick. More than likely, the drunks you see are not well-off and had to sell their plasma or EBT card in order to score a day pass. Up it to a minimum 3-day pass and I will guarantee the debauchery and degenerate behavior will decrease substantially.
Are. You. Serious??? Mr. Spalding, you are talking about Crazy Town, not Drunky Town. That is an entirely different town.

hellowonderland

You can't be serious with this stuff... :rolleyes:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
300px-Trolling_drawing.jpg

I guess this is who you want around your kids during F&W. Not me.

Local man assaults 3 Disney cast members during Epcot food and wine festival

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I guess this is who you want around your kids during F&W. Not me.

Local man assaults 3 Disney cast members during Epcot food and wine festival
That guy was not a local...he was from Pensacola....hardly local.

Please get your facts straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom