Floridians: Go see DL, Boycott WDW

mitchjs

really people all disney has to do

is refurb HM, start SpaceM all over (on the inside) whole new ride system.
get rid of Stitch :)

and MK is back to its glory!

i rode small world before major rehab and aftwer
WHAT A difference!

do that with HM, new audio some new effects, clean up old ones
(expand the building and add 5 more mins to the ride)
:)

no one here is going to argue which castle is better

mitch

DubyooDeeDubyoo

Sorry for bumping up an old thread but I didn't see these addressed.

I was amazed that they would stoop so low! It got worse when I returned to the Magic Kingdom Park two days later and they were still doing the exact same thing, so it obviously wasn't just a temporary one day only thing. :eek:

The answer is Omnimover. The ride system that runs the HM is one of the most efficient 'people-eaters' on WDW property. It basically loads guests as quickly as you can get guests to them. By having guests tied up in the pre-show rooms, chairs can roll by empty, but by constantly loading and unloading Riders Per Hour go up through the roof. Disneyland would have done it this way too if they didn't have the railroad boundary in their way, so the preshow rooms were built to get Guests under the tunnels and then into the Omnimover.

Spaceship Earth and other attractions use the same system, more or less. Adventures thru Inner Space at Disneyland was the first ride to use this and it could hold a significant number of Tomorrowland visitors at the same time, which was useful when DL's Tomorrowland was a barren wasteland that had yet to be built up.

I'm not sure what time of year you went, but if you went in one of the busiest, most crowded times, it would explain why they turned off the pre-show, to maximize Omnimover's efficiency.

As for why there's no elevator and why there's only one drop in Pirates it's because the utilidoors system underneath means they can't tunnel into the ground. You're slowly walking uphill in Pirates so you can splash back down to "ground level" and go through the buildings, then unload before the boat is pulled back up to the station.

mitchjs

k, well vote for HM Expansion, there is room to extend building :)

anyway... im booked for feb 2-5 at Disneyland
staying at CandyCane Inn...

this Thread inspired me to go to DL

only costs me $200 more

Mitch

mitch

mitchjs

oh, and by all means... im not boycotting WDW!

i will make it there in 2007!

but i never been to DL, and i did always think DL was crappy compaired to WDW (and it prob was before 50th)... but i will go open minded

mitch

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
k, well vote for HM Expansion, there is room to extend building :)

anyway... im booked for feb 2-5 at Disneyland
staying at CandyCane Inn...

this Thread inspired me to go to DL

only costs me $200 more

Mitch

mitch

You will enjoy it for the first day, maybe two. Then you will be looking for something to do. The park is that small, and DCA is not all that.....

mitchjs

my internary is...

FEB1 - arrive to hotel 10pm...
FEB 2 - free shuttle to Universal studios
Feb 3 - AT DL
FEB 4 - AT DCA

FEB 5 sleep till checkout, and fly home!

that makes sense hu?

two days at DL/DCA should be enough, anyone know typical winter crowd levels
feb 3-4? (sat/sunday)

mitch

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
my internary is...

FEB1 - arrive to hotel 10pm...
FEB 2 - free shuttle to Universal studios
Feb 3 - AT DL
FEB 4 - AT DCA

FEB 5 sleep till checkout, and fly home!

that makes sense hu?

two days at DL/DCA should be enough, anyone know typical winter crowd levels
feb 3-4? (sat/sunday)

mitch

Dont know if you will be there over a weekend, but crowded, if so. Be at Disneyland when it opens, hit FantasyLand first, then Pirates. After that, it will be so crowded you will have to pick and choose what you want to do.

dxwwf3

You will enjoy it for the first day, maybe two. Then you will be looking for something to do. The park is that small, and DCA is not all that.....

For our first trip to DLR, we're getting 5 day park hoppers and I still want to stay longer :lol:. I want to see everything....multiple times....at day and night (for outdoor attractions). I doubt we will ever be bored and I hope I never am. I mean we spend 2 or 3 days per WDW trip at the MK and I KNOW I'll enjoy DL more than the MK park. One day for Downtown Disney and resort hoping, one day for Universal Hollywood and I think our week long trip is set.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
For our first trip to DLR, we're getting 5 day park hoppers and I still want to stay longer :lol:. I want to see everything....multiple times....at day and night (for outdoor attractions). I doubt we will ever be bored and I hope I never am. I mean we spend 2 or 3 days per WDW trip at the MK and I KNOW I'll enjoy DL more than the MK park. One day for Downtown Disney and resort hoping, one day for Universal Hollywood and I think our week long trip is set.

I got bored out of my mind with my trip to DLR over the summer.

There's a reason you don't see much of anything from me about it on this board...

Don't mean to be Debby Downer, I loved some parts, but it's not WDW. (DtD is nothing like ours - you're in for a shock.)

nerdboyrockstar

I got bored out of my mind with my trip to DLR over the summer.

There's a reason you don't see much of anything from me about it on this board...

Don't mean to be Debby Downer, I loved some parts, but it's not WDW. (DtD is nothing like ours - you're in for a shock.)

I just got back from my second DL visit in a few months.

It's not WDW.. It's a completely different experience. I actually enjoy the DL experience much more. I almost can't put my finger on it.

Haunted Mansion Holiday was FANTASTIC. I couldn't ride it enough. Exceeded my expectations by 1000%.

Small World Holiday was another sight to be seen.. I WISH WDW would consider something like this but we can't even get a Country Bear Christmas show (and get charged $50 for fireworks and a parade).

All of DL's rides are in much, much better condition than WDW. Oh, except our Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was better (they still have it!) and I *think* our Pooh is better.

These are all my opinions, of course.. but I think I was shocked when I first visited DL. And in a good way.. and I have preferred to move my WDW trips to DL (even though I live in Florida).

As for someone being bored with it, how much time did you allot yourself for 1 and 1/2 parks? I wouldn't spend 5 days there.. but it made for a great 3 days (with plenty of re-rides).

cmatt

:lol: at Buford.

WDW > DL

No matter how you paint the picture. That's just my opinion though.

Maybe I never recovered from the turnoff that was DL's castle...:lookaroun

its not the size that counts - its what you do with it :lookaroun

when i graduate i want to go to california for a minute road trip escapade - but i also want to go when i can go to ozzfest too :D

DisneyMusician2

Do we have to have the DL vs WDW debate? This thread has gone on forever! Things are different. But DL was looking sad before the anniversary rehab. WDW is catching up, give them time. I do wish they would do the holiday special attractions the way they do them at DL, they really look great!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

Maybe I'm just spoiled, but I think its sad that you have to go off property at DL to make a week long trip complete. We stay sometimes 10-14 days in WDW and never feel like we have to go off property to complete our trip (except to and from the airport).

dxwwf3

Maybe I'm just spoiled, but I think its sad that you have to go off property at DL to make a week long trip complete. We stay sometimes 10-14 days in WDW and never feel like we have to go off property to complete our trip (except to and from the airport).

Well I think that we (WDW regulars) are spoiled a little. You can't really compare the size of DLR and WDW. USH is more attractive to me because of the tram tour and seeing the movie sets. That's something I've always wanted to see and add that with the best attractions from the Florida park (BTTF, Shrek, T2-3D) and USH is easily the park I most want to visit that isn't associated with Disney.

Also to merf, I know that DTD isn't like ours, but it does have an ESPN Zone, which I care more about than anything at our DTD. Last year we went to DTD for the first time in a few years and we left after a couple of hours. It didn't really interest me much.

DL park has many original attractions and most of the duplicates seem to have been done better there. The Tiki Room, POTC, Haunted Mansion, Railroad, It's A Small World, Main Street USA, and that's just off the top of my head. Sure I might not think all of those are done better at DL, but it seems that the majority of people online do. I've become so frustrated with the direction of the Magic Kingdom, that I think DL will provide a welcome breath of fresh air.

PigletIsMyCat

I think the WDW vs DL is interesting. It is a good way to extoll the virtues of each park.

HOWEVER - when people start getting all personally offended that 'you like this park more than my fave' it's a little juvenile. We all have our favorites for different reasons. And putting this :sohappy: at the end of a rude, offensive, sarcastic, or contradicting opinion of a previous post does not make it nice. Heck, someone's favorite thing at WDW could be the turnstiles at MK because of a family memory. And that's what it's all about: magical memories.

I'm way more interested in the WDW Coke vs DL Coke vs Tokyo Coke. Did you know that Coca Cola from a fountain in a New York McDonald's tastes alot - and I mean ALOT - different than a Coca Cola from a fountain in a Florida McDonald's? I mean, it's a bag of syrup and NuCo2. How can it be so different?

NY fountain Coca Cola > ALL OTHER FOUNTAIN COCA COLA.

MainSt1993

The answer is Omnimover. The ride system that runs the HM is one of the most efficient 'people-eaters' on WDW property. It basically loads guests as quickly as you can get guests to them. By having guests tied up in the pre-show rooms, chairs can roll by empty.

Have to respectfully disagree, there. When both stretching chambers are operating (like right now with HMH), more guests than the omnimover can handle pour into the load area. The only time vehicles might go empty is when only one stretching room is operating, and there aren't enough guests coming through the queue to fill the stretching room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom