Floridians: Go see DL, Boycott WDW

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well I think that we (WDW regulars) are spoiled a little. You can't really compare the size of DLR and WDW. USH is more attractive to me because of the tram tour and seeing the movie sets. That's something I've always wanted to see and add that with the best attractions from the Florida park (BTTF, Shrek, T2-3D) and USH is easily the park I most want to visit that isn't associated with Disney.

Also to merf, I know that DTD isn't like ours, but it does have an ESPN Zone, which I care more about than anything at our DTD. Last year we went to DTD for the first time in a few years and we left after a couple of hours. It didn't really interest me much.

DL park has many original attractions and most of the duplicates seem to have been done better there. The Tiki Room, POTC, Haunted Mansion, Railroad, It's A Small World, Main Street USA, and that's just off the top of my head. Sure I might not think all of those are done better at DL, but it seems that the majority of people online do. I've become so frustrated with the direction of the Magic Kingdom, that I think DL will provide a welcome breath of fresh air.

Much of what I heard was better in DL was either questionable or just not.. "small world" (non holiday) with the flume exposed looks crappy. Half the building is torn tarp walls.

Peter Pan is sparkley there, but is a Fantasyland ride.. so enjoyable for about 3 mins.. The same goes for all the others in Fantasyland. I'm glad i did them, but Casey Jr. is the only one I remotely wish we had here.

Their Pooh is awful - just dreadful, do it just to see how bad it is.

Their mansion is like ours but with things in different places and different lighting. They like neon green and florescent orange.

Tomorrowland there flat out sucks - complete waste of time.

DCA, oh dear, get your free sour dough bread and just.. ugh.. go ride Monsters Inc. There's no "real" food to be found anywhere at DLR! Tons of crappy food! No fresh fruit or veggies, they sell pickles on the street (eww!) and the walkways in adventureland are a mess.

Do not order the pancake anywhere. If they think that's buttermilk they're sadly mistaken.

The Jungle Cruise has pirahnas. That was nifty.

So - highlights: Casey Jr. and Pirahnas! Oo.. and Sourdough. Stayed at GCH and had to walkthrouh DCA to get to DL every morning. I saw it as a chore. Stupid DCA in my way of Casey Jr. :(

dxwwf3

How is that any different from ours? ;)

Seriously, their Space Mountain has to be better than ours after getting some TLC. Their Buzz looks different and the way the guns aren't attached to the car is definitely a plus. And it will be nice to see Star Tours and HISTA in a different setting as well. Sure those two are basically the same experience, but I also love both attractions. It seems to me that the only thing that we have on Disneyland in Tomorrowland is the TTA and CoP.

DisneyYorkian74

How is that any different from ours? ;)

Seriously, their Space Mountain has to be better than ours after getting some TLC. Their Buzz looks different and the way the guns aren't attached to the car is definitely a plus. And it will be nice to see Star Tours and HISTA in a different setting as well. Sure those two are basically the same experience, but I also love both attractions. It seems to me that the only thing that we have on Disneyland in Tomorrowland is the TTA and CoP.

Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland's entrance alone beats anything Disneyland's version has to offer.

(I think Disneyland's Tomorrowland's entrance is downright UGLY)

cmatt

Hey! Quit dissin' WDW's Magic Kingdom! Such criticism has already become old hat as well!!! :mad:

welcome to the wonderous world of opinions....:rolleyes: in HIS opinion HE believes that magic kingdom is a shadow of its former self - its just that some of us on here agree...:p

opinions are wonderous things in this day and age :lookaroun

Buried20KLeague

Much of what I heard was better in DL was either questionable or just not.. "small world" (non holiday) with the flume exposed looks crappy. Half the building is torn tarp walls.

Peter Pan is sparkley there, but is a Fantasyland ride.. so enjoyable for about 3 mins.. The same goes for all the others in Fantasyland. I'm glad i did them, but Casey Jr. is the only one I remotely wish we had here.

Their Pooh is awful - just dreadful, do it just to see how bad it is.

Their mansion is like ours but with things in different places and different lighting. They like neon green and florescent orange.

DCA, oh dear, get your free sour dough bread and just.. ugh.. go ride Monsters Inc. There's no "real" food to be found anywhere at DLR! Tons of crappy food! No fresh fruit or veggies, they sell pickles on the street (eww!) and the walkways in adventureland are a mess.

Do not order the pancake anywhere. If they think that's buttermilk they're sadly mistaken.

The Jungle Cruise has pirahnas. That was nifty.

So - highlights: Casey Jr. and Pirahnas! Oo.. and Sourdough. Stayed at GCH and had to walkthrouh DCA to get to DL every morning. I saw it as a chore. Stupid DCA in my way of Casey Jr. :(

Me thinks you had the WDW blinders on, Merf. :lol:

Space Mountain there beats the living TAR out of ours. No question. Their Buzz is better than ours, by far. Not as many painted plywood pieces, plus the targeting system is different, the guns disconnect, along with the "play over the web" feature.

The Matterhorn is good for nostalgia. I'm not jumping up and down about it, but hey, it's something our MK doesn't have.

They actually still have a sub lagoon... And it's about to be alive again.

Alice, Pinnochio, casey jr., storybookland... We got nothin'. Not to mention Mr. Toad...

Their HM is worlds better than ours... From the changing portraits to the new bride.

Pirates. 8 minutes longer.

Jungle cruise is updated.

Indy.

A reborn Tiki Room.

An absolutely KILLER fireworks show. I love Wishes... But holy cow.

No good food? Did you stop by the Blue Bayou?? I'll give it to you that outside of that there's not a whole lot... But at least there's something.

And I'm sure I missed some comparisons, too. The only thing flat out better at MK, if you ask me, is Splash.

Overall I like WDW more because there's more parks, and more to do. It's a full vacation destination. But Mk vs. Mk... DL is the winner, hands down.

You were probably just mad because they don't have an Epcot over there. :lol: :wave:

mitchjs

I will provide reviews, my last vist to WDW was MAY 2006
and this is 1st time to DL (Feb 07) cant wait!!

ill do a side by side review of MK vs DL

and keeping in mind only MK vs DL, since DL/DCA cant compare to MK/EPCOT/MGM/AK

mitch

Dragonrider1227

But wait, they did have to excavate a lot of earth, didn't they? I mean, you still go down the drop at the beginning, and then go back up on the moving walkway after the ride ends. Wouldn't that make pretty much all of the ride underground? Or is it technically at ground level, since the park itself is built up higher than actual ground level?
Aw crap, now I'm confused...
I don't know about Pirates, but The Haunted Mansion, you don't go down. I believe the walls actually move up so you're not going anywhere and the ride is ground level. Sort of.

DisneyYorkian74

Space Mountain there beats the living TAR out of ours. No question. Their Buzz is better than ours, by far. Not as many painted plywood pieces, plus the targeting system is different, the guns disconnect, along with the "play over the web" feature.

Yea, they're both roller coasters that top out at less than 40 mph.

Who cares if one has more "Special effects."

The people who want to ride good roller coasters don't ride them to see the lighting effects.

Now if Disneyland's Space Mountain was the one in Disneyland Paris; then that would be different story.

The Matterhorn is good for nostalgia. I'm not jumping up and down about it, but hey, it's something our MK doesn't have.

OH, a kiddie coaster that tops out at 18 mph and would mess up the Beautiful Magic Kingdom skyline.:snore:

Yea I'm HAPPY Magic Kingdom park doesn't have that ride.

They actually still have a sub lagoon... And it's about to be alive again.

Alice, Pinnochio, casey jr., storybookland... We got nothin'. Not to mention Mr. Toad...

Their HM is worlds better than ours... From the changing portraits to the new bride.

Pirates. 8 minutes longer.

Jungle cruise is updated.

Indy.

A reborn Tiki Room.

All BORING Dark rides...:snore:

An absolutely KILLER fireworks show. I love Wishes... But holy cow.

WHAT! NOTHING beats Magic Kingdom park's fireworks display. Fireworks over Cinderella Castle is what Disney is all about. It's not really the fireworks themsevles that make the display so good; it's the fact that you're watching them in Walt Disney World over the castle itself.

Disneyland's castle is so little; that in my opinion does not make a good fireworks display.

No good food? Did you stop by the Blue Bayou?? I'll give it to you that outside of that there's not a whole lot... But at least there's something.

A lot of Walt Disney World's restaurants are world class; some are even destinations unto themselves.

Walt Disney World is so much better than Disneyland; I don't see how anyone could see otherwise.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
No good food? Did you stop by the Blue Bayou??

Blue Bayou is overated when it comes to food quality. Atmosphere wise, its probably better than any other Disney eatery I have had the honor of dining in. Had the Ribs and Shrimp combo. We were one of the first seatings (were there before they opened and were like the second or third table seated). The ribs had the texture of having sat in sauce for a full day, and the shrimp were the breaded frozen from a box quality. My wife had a Monte Cristo sammich and it was at least edible. The atmosphere was awesome and we had a table right next to the bayou. Thats where I figured out how they did the fire fly effect.

TP2000

The only thing flat out better at MK, if you ask me, is Splash.

Overall I like WDW more because there's more parks, and more to do. It's a full vacation destination. But Mk vs. Mk... DL is the winner, hands down.

I agree with you 100%. I was disapointed in pretty much every Magic Kingdom version of a Disneyland ride, except for Splash Mountain. The Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom has much better pacing and storyline and set design. But that's about the only ride that is better at Magic Kingdom. Particularly when it comes to the E Tickets, Disneyland outdoes the Magic Kingdom.

There's also the issue of all of the rides that are missing from the Magic Kingdom. Compared to the Magic Kingdom, Disneyland has three extra E Ticket thrill rides, four extra C Ticket dark rides, StorybookLand Canal Boats, Casey Jr. Circus Train, the Canoes and the Columbia all missing from the Florida park. And a 100 Million dollar E Ticket family ride opening in six months with Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

Florida's Magic Kingdom is missing a bunch of rides compared to Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom. :eek:

dxwwf3

There's also the issue of all of the rides that are missing from the Magic Kingdom. Compared to the Magic Kingdom, Disneyland has three extra E Ticket thrill rides, four extra C Ticket dark rides, StorybookLand Canal Boats, Casey Jr. Circus Train, the Canoes and the Columbia all missing from the Florida park. And a 100 Million dollar E Ticket family ride opening in six months with Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

And I'm REALLY hoping Submarine Voyage is open in June. I also forgot to mention my favorite Fantasyland attraction, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. It will be worth the trip to get to ride a version of that again :)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I agree with you 100%. I was disapointed in pretty much every Magic Kingdom version of a Disneyland ride, except for Splash Mountain. The Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom has much better pacing and storyline and set design. But that's about the only ride that is better at Magic Kingdom. Particularly when it comes to the E Tickets, Disneyland outdoes the Magic Kingdom.

Florida's Magic Kingdom is missing a bunch of rides compared to Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom. :eek:

Yeah, and Cinderella Castle is too tall to throw frisbees over too. :lookaroun :D

DisneyYorkian74

I've noticed that most of the people who think Disneyland is so much better live and come from California.

People who come from other parts of the country/world always favor/like Walt Disney World a lot more.

I think Californians love Disneyland and the rest of the world loves Walt Disney World.

TP2000

I've noticed that most of the people who think Disneyland is so much better live and come from California.

Okay, but I'm from Charleston, South Carolina. I currently live in Southern California, but the vast majority of my life has been spent living in states other than California.

DisneyYorkian74

Okay, but I'm from Charleston, South Carolina. I currently live in Southern California, but the vast majority of my life has been spent living in states other than California.

Yea...

Your location clearly says Orange County, CA.

Lying about where you live is not going to make Disneyland anymore popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom