Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'm mostly curious how "influencing" any are compared to just creating content to keep Disney top of mind for viewers. For the most part people watching these videos are already Disney people who are looking for a "fix." Some influence what dishes I might try at a festival but I don't increase my budget because of anything a vlogger says. So I don't really understand well what "added value" they give Disney.

But I can see where many make a lot of money. The most popular ones have websites with other services and/or merch and/or Patreon pages. A few thousand here and there in different sized buckets, it adds up.

wutisgood

I'm mostly curious how "influencing" any are compared to just creating content to keep Disney top of mind for viewers. For the most part people watching these videos are already Disney people who are looking for a "fix." Some influence what dishes I might try at a festival but I don't increase my budget because of anything a vlogger says. So I don't really understand well what "added value" they give Disney.

But I can see where many make a lot of money. The most popular ones have websites with other services and/or merch and/or Patreon pages. A few thousand here and there in different sized buckets, it adds up.
Think of it this way. You are less informed on a disney vacation and need info about the parks or planning that is easy to digest. You search and one of the first things to pop up are videos from major vloggers. Now you dive in and they have videos on the festivals and planning at every park. These videos are easier to digest and more informative than disney is giving you since they are a more realistic view of what is really happening at the parks vs the information disney has, especially if you are say traveling from another country outside of america or interested in a specific thing like merch to resell at home or food festivals. Now you might say a lot of those people are existing fans getting their fix which is somewhat true, but many of the people watching these channels debating if they should spend so much money are given the confidence to do so because they use them to develop a plan they are ok with for a vacation.

Also these people build up disney and other experiences as a status symbol. The more exposure they get on social media the more demand everything has in a way.

These people are absolute advertising juggernauts for Disney in a way that is greatly underrated.

LeighM

It's bizarre but the Tracker thread on tattlelife has people posting minutes after a new Tracker video drops. It's not uncommon for them to be on page 40 of hate and vitriol within 3 days of a release. It's basically the same accusations over and over, Tim's stupid, Jenn's a lazy drunk, the kids aren't loved and thought of as income, they're functioning alcoholics, they're nasty people in real life, Tim's camera work shows he's got a neurological disorder which is sometimes followed by somebody saying "Hope it kills him".

There's people on that site freeze framing videos when they are near windows to see whether they can catch a reflection of the 'nanny' the Trackers hire in order to identify her. I assume they want to do this so they can bully her online and try to find any embarrassing social media content on her? The detail some go into about their vloggs is the type of investigating you get on the JFK assassination conspiracy, they really have way too much time on their hands and seemingly use it in a hateful way.

I would sometimes follow along on a couple of the vlogger threads back when it was Gossip Guru but the critics just got too personal in their online attacks. When they started insulting the Tracker's son, it was a step too far for me. No one should go after a child like some of them were doing. They act like the vloggers have done something horribly personal to each of them. I wonder about the age of some of the posters though. When the news about Pete broke, I started following along with the Tattle site because I enjoyed watching the The Dis and wanted to know what exactly I had been supporting with my views and whether I should continue to watch it. Some of the questions they were asking Sean and Dustin were extremely inappropriate and it was obvious they only wanted the prurient details. There's a lack of maturity and life experience on those boards. It was another reminder that I'm too old and not the target audience 🤣

wutisgood

I would sometimes follow along on a couple of the vlogger threads back when it was Gossip Guru but the critics just got too personal in their online attacks. When they started insulting the Tracker's son, it was a step too far for me. No one should go after a child like some of them were doing. They act like the vloggers have done something horribly personal to each of them. I wonder about the age of some of the posters though. When the news about Pete broke, I started following along with the Tattle site because I enjoyed watching the The Dis and wanted to know what exactly I had been supporting with my views and whether I should continue to watch it. Some of the questions they were asking Sean and Dustin were extremely inappropriate and it was obvious they only wanted the prurient details. There's a lack of maturity and life experience on those boards. It was another reminder that I'm too old and not the target audience 🤣
I do not believe younger people for the most part are the haters posting on that site. I bet they are on average older than you think.

I do find it somewhat fascinating though that the existence of such a hater site is powerful enough to get someone like pete cancelled because it is a place he has no power over because the owners/mods are fueled by hate. I have seen stories of people criticizing the level of hate get banned there for not hating enough. I do wonder as I only know a bit about that site if an abusive straight man would get the same treatment.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
There are a lot more than just 2-3 years ago who make a full time living doing it.

I still watch a couple of them from time to time to get my fix but it’s a lot of recycled content, a lot of the same, and then the algorithm shows you 10 other vloggers covering the exact same new cupcake or construction scrim or whatever.

One that I find odd is Jojo’s world because he has 1.5 million subs and averages maybe 20k views per video. The trackers seem to average 7%-12% in views to subs every video which depending on their CPM and the fact they’ve maintained these numbers for several years, they probably make $300k a year or so. I’d imagine. I’d be surprised if Jojo pulled in $150k last year. At least he keeps his overhead low.

Wow I thought that jojo guy was one of the medium dbag vloggers I avoid who is most popular with the haters. The Trackers make a lot more than 300k per year.

This is a year old but most articles I have seen show about the same numbers.

Colonel Angus

This is a year old but most articles I have seen show about the same numbers.

You can’t rely on those sites. They all pull figures out of the air. There are plenty of YouTube videos that break down how YouTube pays and elements like CPM etc… averaging 70k views per video isn’t a lot.

Vegas Disney Fan

I do not believe younger people for the most part are the haters posting on that site. I bet they are on average older than you think.

I do find it somewhat fascinating though that the existence of such a hater site is powerful enough to get someone like pete cancelled because it is a place he has no power over because the owners/mods are fueled by hate. I have seen stories of people criticizing the level of hate get banned there for not hating enough. I do wonder as I only know a bit about that site if an abusive straight man would get the same treatment.

Years ago I was a member of a Facebook group called team run Disney (TRD) and they kicked out a lot of members for negativity… in response some of those members created a group called not team run Disney (not Turd), it started out pretty funny as it kind of mocked the pixie dust on the other site but quickly devolved into screenshots and mockery of members on TRD. It got really bad really quick and was a bit of an eye opener just how ugly people can be. I lasted about a week before I left, I just didn’t see the humour in it.

The internet really can bring out the worst in people.

Indy_UK

The trackers are the exception because they haves many views even when they are a tiny fraction of the number of subscribers but the rest of them like Adam Hattan or Kyle Pallo are probably making next to nothing. Adam probably just makes enough to cover his trips and Kyle is the best example of a grifter.

Most have good subscriber numbers but very low view rate. JoJo is constantly changing his video titles and thumbnails to try and gain more clicks. It shows the constant desperation to keep it up otherwise they'll have to join the real world and get a normal job.

I am a big fan of Molly from Mammoth Club but I hear that in person she can be quite rude which would be disappointing.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
You can’t rely on those sites. They all pull figures out of the air. There are plenty of YouTube videos that break down how YouTube pays and elements like CPM etc… averaging 70k views per video isn’t a lot.

The math works. There are 3 tiers of base compensation on youtube along with a host of bonuses for top contributors. Someone making 300k a year is not taking 2 or 3 $25,000 cruises a year plus other travel. The one thing I do like about his channel is they are very clear about what they pay for and what is given, or partially given to them. Adam the Woo makes upper 500k a year and I know that for a fact due to a friend of mine that is a good friend of his.

MissingDisney

I watched a TT live-streamer/vlogger for quite a bit but when I started really paying attention, I realized the guy was skipping lines like crazy after "having a chat" with the cast members. He would pause the livestream and then miraculously be in line. He admitted he was having conversations with the CM, what they talked about was "no ones business" and ta-da!

When we go, we wait in lines or fork over the $ or whatever. The fact that this guy was riding GotG 4 times in a row when others are scrambling for a virtual queue or was riding the same attraction over and over and didn't have to get off and wait again became irritating. Another plus was he would talk to someone and magically, his VQ time would be adjusted to fit his schedule for the day, while others have to wait and wait and wait.

To watch his videos is not a true representation of a day at Disney. He literally can do every attraction and then loop back for second and third rounds easily. He says between all the social media platforms he makes a living from it and seemingly isn't paying for ILL or G+. Maybe sometimes he does, who knows. My biggest issue is all of these "influencers" are creating false images and expectations of what a normal person's day at a park would look like and setting people up for disappointment.

mergatroid

Who's TT ?
I was wondering that too? It can't be Tim Tracker because Disney apparently took him off their social media preferred list? There's the vloggers that Disney always invite to special events and a while ago it became apparent they were no longer getting invited to anywhere near as much as they used to. I'm not sure why that was other than some of their earlier videos were accused of being racist and homophobic? They did an apology video where they cried saying they were sorry for any offense caused.

I think it was discussed on here at the time because I remember asking somebody why the expression 'urban' was being used as racist as they held an 'Urban party'. The homophobic comment I kind of understand as Jenn said to Tim who'd come back with a present from a gay couple he'd visited "Ooh can I catch gay from that". I don't get the impression that they have any hatred towards gay people but it was a rather stupid thing to say in all honesty. Even if the friend they were referring to knew them and knew it was a joke, that doesn't take into consideration those who don't know it's a joke and were offended.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I was wondering that too? It can't be Tim Tracker because Disney apparently took him off their social media preferred list? There's the vloggers that Disney always invite to special events and a while ago it became apparent they were no longer getting invited to anywhere near as much as they used to. I'm not sure why that was other than some of their earlier videos were accused of being racist and homophobic? They did an apology video where they cried saying they were sorry for any offense caused.

I think it was discussed on here at the time because I remember asking somebody why the expression 'urban' was being used as racist as they held an 'Urban party'. The homophobic comment I kind of understand as Jenn said to Tim who'd come back with a present from a gay couple he'd visited "Ooh can I catch gay from that". I don't get the impression that they have any hatred towards gay people but it was a rather stupid thing to say in all honesty. Even if the friend they were referring to knew them and knew it was a joke, that doesn't take into consideration those who don't know it's a joke and were offended.
It's why I asked as Tim generally doesn't do livestream at the park 🤷🏻‍♂️

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member

I think it was Tim but may have been someone else, but it was either explained or implied (pulling from back of my memory here) that when there is a lot of backlash that it's easier for Disney to drop him (or anyone else) from a preferred list than to keep dealing with people calling and writing in making demands to Disney.

mergatroid

I agree. There's a very high number posting about the Tracker's kids who are critical of their parenting skills that describe why they're much better parents. Many posts start with "My two kids were made to pack their toys up ........ blah, blah" before then going on to criticise them in the most horrific of ways. I think that's what shocks me the most, that these are functioning adults in the real world who you know wouldn't say boo to a goose if they met them personally.

I remember reading a thread on there when I first discovered it and being absolutely amazed at the pure hatred and animosity displayed towards them, it was like watching a car crash. Not just the things said but the language used in practically every post. In this particular thread somebody asked what people who had seen them in the parks had done to them?

The funny thing was that some of the people who seeming spend the lives hating the Trackers and saying and wishing the most horrendous things to happen to them replied. It was stuff like "I saw that b**** Jenn once and walked past her and made a farting sound, she had no idea who did it". Another was "I saw 'Dim' once and asked him which way Space Mountain was and when he pointed I thanked him and walked off in the opposite direction".

I mean on the one hand I'm glad that people weren't subjecting them to awful abuse in the parks etc, nobody deserves that for being a vlogger. But imagine making all those threats and accusations online devoting so much time to hate and when you're face to face with that person the best you can do is that? The replies they got from other members were like "Cool brah, burned them there" which made the whole thing even more embarrassing.

Disstevefan1

I no longer watch Tim Tracker but he was briefly taken off the media list but put back on I thought.

I think Disney needs folks like TT who eats a $35 hamburger and says "its pretty good" .

mergatroid

I no longer watch Tim Tracker but he was briefly taken off the media list but put back on I thought.

I think Disney needs folks like TT who eats a $35 hamburger and says "its pretty good" .
It could be Tim but it would surprise me, I've never seen that type of thing from him unless he's changed? I just never got that entitled vibe from him. Jenn possibly yes as I've seen her kicking off on Twitter with people but Tim, not really. I watched his HHN stuff a few months back but that's more for HHN than him.

MissingDisney

Thats TT.
That is why I unsubscribed.
No worries for TT, he does not need me as a sub.
No. Sorry. I meant a guy on TikTok (TT). He's also in IG and others.
But not Tim Tracker and fam. I stopped watching them a looooooong time ago.

I should have been more clear, I apologize. I didn't even realize that was someone's initials everyone was taking about. 😂

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom