Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

LeighM

The trackers are the exception because they haves many views even when they are a tiny fraction of the number of subscribers but the rest of them like Adam Hattan or Kyle Pallo are probably making next to nothing. Adam probably just makes enough to cover his trips and Kyle is the best example of a grifter.

Most have good subscriber numbers but very low view rate. JoJo is constantly changing his video titles and thumbnails to try and gain more clicks. It shows the constant desperation to keep it up otherwise they'll have to join the real world and get a normal job.

I am a big fan of Molly from Mammoth Club but I hear that in person she can be quite rude which would be disappointing.

I've seen those complaints about Molly but I saw her multiple times during our last trip and she was far from rude every time I saw her. One interaction I saw was a guy behind me in line for Gideon's called out to her as she was walking by. She wasn't recording or anything so she came over and talked and took a selfie with him. The next time we saw her it was at our resort and after she finished filming, my husband went over to talk to her and they took a selfie together. Obviously, I don't follow her around the parks all day watching her interactions with people but she was very nice and friendly every time I saw her. But it's totally possible she's had an attitude if she's had a bad day, busy filming, or hasn't liked someone's energy, I guess.

Last edited:

Indy_UK

good to hear. There has to be some legit Vloggers out there who get their success from Grafting rather than Grifting.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
This is just like most industries. The caveat here is that these vloggers are completely reliant on companies and the access they receive. I've seen it a hundred times.

Someone has an idea and fills a void. They make very good money doing what they do for a limited time. The first few that follow also do pretty well. Then the market becomes oversaturated. It gets harder to "move product" ("get views") unless they are constantly reinventing themselves. And more importantly diversifying their basket (you don't want all the eggs to be Disney's).

Companies like Disney needed vloggers a decade ago. They still do to an extent. They also realized at the time they couldn't quite control these individuals to the level they wanted so they used them to their benefit.

It now has become an oversaturated market. Everybody covering the same thing. It's only a matter of time until you start seeing "Disney approved influencers/vloggers" with "special access".

Companies like Disney will exert more control over these individuals as the "influencer/vlogger" income will be tied to the type of access they can attain.

Skibum1970

Adam the woo is 50 and he’s still going round like he’s 20

If I just ran a YouTube channel and traveled around the country for fun, I'd probably feel a lot younger as well. It does seem like there are so many more people trying to do a channel. My favorites remain ResortTV1 and 4K WDW, along with Paging Mr. Morrow.

Colonel Angus

The math works. There are 3 tiers of base compensation on youtube along with a host of bonuses for top contributors. Someone making 300k a year is not taking 2 or 3 $25,000 cruises a year plus other travel. The one thing I do like about his channel is they are very clear about what they pay for and what is given, or partially given to them. Adam the Woo makes upper 500k a year and I know that for a fact due to a friend of mine that is a good friend of his.
If you say so… I still think that’s a bit inflated but what do I know? I’m just a stranger on the internet with an opinion that contradicts what your friend definitely knows for sure. Because I tell my other friends what my friends income is even though we don’t discuss it.

wutisgood

If I just ran a YouTube channel and traveled around the country for fun, I'd probably feel a lot younger as well. It does seem like there are so many more people trying to do a channel. My favorites remain ResortTV1 and 4K WDW, along with Paging Mr. Morrow.
Paging Mr morrow has the critical capacity of a 5 year old. I respect how he pumps out content but that dude is useless as to actual planning on what is good.

wutisgood

If you say so… I still think that’s a bit inflated but what do I know? I’m just a stranger on the internet with an opinion that contradicts what your friend definitely knows for sure. Because I tell my other friends what my friends income is even though we don’t discuss it.
Adam is that you?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Paging Mr morrow has the critical capacity of a 5 year old. I respect how he pumps out content but that dude is useless as to actual planning on what is good.
I think that's just a bit harsh as he never claimed to be a planning channel. He's a self-admitted pixie duster and optimist. He does a good job of pointing out where little joys can be found everywhere he goes. The little joys are a big part of why we go anywhere
That said I don't watch often but every once in a while he does post something interesting and for those of us that drive he does a good job pointing out places of interest along the way and current gas prices along the way

Last edited:

wutisgood

I think that's just a bit harsh as he never claimed to be a planning channel. He's a self-admitted pixie duster and optimist. He does a good job of pointing out where little joys can be found everywhere he goes. The little joys are a big part of why we go anywhere
That said I don't watch often but every once in a while he does post something interesting and for those of us that drive he does a good job pointing out places of interest along the way and current gas prices along the way
Does he drive to and from Pennsylvania/florida? I drive and electric car and take flights to Florida for under 100 these days. I haven't known what has prices are in years.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Does he drive to and from Pennsylvania/florida? I drive and electric car and take flights to Florida for under 100 these days. I haven't known what has prices are in years.
His parents are in PA so he drives up and down a couple of times a years and his side stops are interesting even if not my cup of tea. Some close enough for me to have taken long weekend trips to

Skibum1970

His parents are in PA so he drives up and down a couple of times a years and his side stops are interesting even if not my cup of tea. Some close enough for me to have taken long weekend trips to

Agreed. I watched one of his trips and all I could think was that I couldn't stop as frequently or as long at places as he did because I would be all about making good time.

I'm not sure that any of the Vloggers are actually good planning videos. Most of these people live close and basically give those of us who don't a daily view into Disney World. Some of the older Tim Tracker videos showed the resorts and so someone could use that to see if they would like to stay there. Of all of them, probably AllEars has the best planning content although I readily admit that I haven't watched them all.

DisneyHead123

I'm not sure that any of the Vloggers are actually good planning videos. Most of these people live close and basically give those of us who don't a daily view into Disney World.
I was watching Hallmark movies the other day and it occurred to me that they’re like dark rides for the holiday season. Nothing much happens, it’s mostly a series of “Look at that!” moments. “Look, decorating the tree! Look, baking cookies! Look, eating holiday treats at a cafe! Look…” I think a lot of Disney vlogs are kinda similar. But there’s clearly a market for it! People want to be mentally transported to their happy place.

Chip Chipperson

Agreed. I watched one of his trips and all I could think was that I couldn't stop as frequently or as long at places as he did because I would be all about making good time.

I'm not sure that any of the Vloggers are actually good planning videos. Most of these people live close and basically give those of us who don't a daily view into Disney World. Some of the older Tim Tracker videos showed the resorts and so someone could use that to see if they would like to stay there. Of all of them, probably AllEars has the best planning content although I readily admit that I haven't watched them all.
I think Disney Food Blog can sometimes be helpful for planning, too. Others, like the Trackers, are helpful only if you have a trip planned in the immediate future and want to see if a seasonal food item is worth trying or want to get a sneak peak at seasonal merch to know where a certain item is sold. Otherwise, it's more about seeing what's happening at the parks when you're not there. There have been some more recent Tim Tracker videos that toured some resorts because they had apparently gotten some requests to update them. He did a few over the summer, I think (I think All-Stars and maybe 1 other that I can't recall).

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I think Disney Food Blog can sometimes be helpful for planning, too. Others, like the Trackers, are helpful only if you have a trip planned in the immediate future and want to see if a seasonal food item is worth trying or want to get a sneak peak at seasonal merch to know where a certain item is sold. Otherwise, it's more about seeing what's happening at the parks when you're not there. There have been some more recent Tim Tracker videos that toured some resorts because they had apparently gotten some requests to update them. He did a few over the summer, I think (I think All-Stars and maybe 1 other that I can't recall).

The resort tours are the only unique thing that TheTimTracker corporation does about Disney these days. Some of them are even good. The Shades of Green one however is full of inaccurate information.

Colonel Angus

Adam is that you?
Hahaha not even close. Subtract a few years and bad tattoos to start. Adam the repeat video for tax write off purposes…

I’m going to be at WDW in a few weeks and I really I hope to see some of these weirdos just because I want to see how they act when the camera is off. I’d really like to see Nate out of “character”. He’s a similar demographic to me and the whole schtick is a little alarming. I want to hear him talk some smack and say the F word.

LeighM

Hahaha not even close. Subtract a few years and bad tattoos to start. Adam the repeat video for tax write off purposes…

I’m going to be at WDW in a few weeks and I really I hope to see some of these weirdos just because I want to see how they act when the camera is off. I’d really like to see Nate out of “character”. He’s a similar demographic to me and the whole schtick is a little alarming. I want to hear him talk some smack and say the F word.

Your "weirdo" comment reminded me of one a trip several years ago before I even knew about the vlogger thing. I inadvertently showed up in someone's vlog after getting my corndog at Disney Springs. I saw a man at a nearby table as I was walking to mine and I looked at him like he was a big gigantic weirdo for how he was talking to the camera while eating his corndog. I wonder who that was LOL. But I'm sure my facial expression was priceless :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom