Flip Flop recommendations?

D Smith

My past 2 trips i went with Under Armour 4d foam sandals. Both trips were 9 days and i wore the sandals just about the whole time. They are comfortable and no blisters. My daughter also has a pair and loves them, she too wore them alot with no issues. This past trip we walked 10+ miles per day according to the pedometer, and at least 95% was in the sandals.

I will always take a pair of sneakers, but hardly wear them, unless I know it will rain. I always bring mole skin in case my feet do start to blister.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My past 2 trips i went with Under Armour 4d foam sandals. Both trips were 9 days and i wore the sandals just about the whole time. They are comfortable and no blisters. My daughter also has a pair and loves them, she too wore them alot with no issues. This past trip we walked 10+ miles per day according to the pedometer, and at least 95% was in the sandals.

I will always take a pair of sneakers, but hardly wear them, unless I know it will rain. I always bring mole skin in case my feet do start to blister.
welcome aboard

Princess Kaylee

I despise sneakers I have worn old navy flip flops and sanuk yoga mat sandals until my last trip. Sketchers Yoga Mat sneakers are so cute and so comfortable. :)

Schneewittchen

I usually do Keds sneakers, but I did wear my very well broken-in Zealand leather flip flops at Epcot all day once and did alright.

This year I'm going all out. I will have the happiest feet on earth. I'll be switching between a pair of Brooks PureCadence runners and a pair of Asics GEL-Cumulus runners in the parks. And perhaps rocking some granny-style orthotic ABEO sandals for our evenings out.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I recently got a pair of Crocs dual comfort Capri's. Walked around all last week in the nice warm weather an am adding a pair to my Disney rotation:inlove:

Ali Mouse

I love wearing flip flops to Disney! One year I wore one of my favorite Nike tennis shoes that I wear all the time at home and I was miserable!
So... My favorite flat flip flops did well last time but after reading this I wanted to step it up with some extra comfort. I went to academy today and found two super comfy flip flops...
Nike Comfort image.jpegand Crocs women's Capri v flipsimage.jpeg.
Both were super comfy ran around the store in them... Funny sight!
I ended up choosing the crocs because they were more waterproof- the cushion on the Nikes would absorb water- not good in florida(maybe). And surprisingly the crocs were more my style. Excited and ready to break them in.

TheMouseFan

I love wearing flip flops to Disney! One year I wore one of my favorite Nike tennis shoes that I wear all the time at home and I was miserable!
So... My favorite flat flip flops did well last time but after reading this I wanted to step it up with some extra comfort. I went to academy today and found two super comfy flip flops...
Nike ComfortView attachment 134484and Crocs women's Capri v flipsView attachment 134485.
Both were super comfy ran around the store in them... Funny sight!
I ended up choosing the crocs because they were more waterproof- the cushion on the Nikes would absorb water- not good in florida(maybe). And surprisingly the crocs were more my style. Excited and ready to break them in.
I love my Crocs Capris!! That is all I wore on our last trip and didn't have any problems!

DfromATX

The only time I wear sneakers would be to the gym. I think they look bad and I hate having my feet closed up in them. I am just not a sneakers kind of girl. I know this is an old post, but you can't go wrong with Clarks's brand sandals and some Crocs. Whatever you do, makes sure the shoes have good support and cushion, which most Clark's do. Do not wear flat flip flops or sandals. They are very bad for your feet!

DiSnEyF@n

Hi All. I know that most recommend sneakers, etc for the parks, but I never have and never will be a sneakers kind of girl. Can anyone recommend a comfortable flip flop/sandal? Preferably something with support? Thanks!

I never wear sneakers either!!! The flips that I bring are super cheap ones from Kohls. They don't have a lot of support but they are very comfortable.... They're just your basic foam flip flop. I wouldn't recommend anything with a platform.

cdeev8690

I don't tend to wear sandals since I'm not really into the look of those that are supposed to be comfortable for long-wear (personal preference) but if I do, it's usually Old Navy or something I picked up from Urban. Either way, I always keep a pair of Toms or Vans in my backpack with some no-show socks for later in the day. Flip flops are so easy to stash away in a bag, you can easily make the switch if you want to show off your pedi or let your toes breathe after a long afternoon of walking.

DfromATX

I'm not really into the look of those that are supposed to be comfortable for long-wear (personal preference)

Hey, I can read between those lines... You were very tactful and so nice, but I think you're referring to "old lady" sandals. No worries, you're just not there yet, but you will be one day! :p (No offense meant to anyone... I have some "comfort" sandals myself.)

I have never had any problems with FitFlops or Merrill sandals. Both offer much more support than a regular flip flop. I do take multiple pairs, even though they dry fairly quick, in case they get soaked.

jrogue

I wear mostly Old Navy flip flops at the parks! Cheap, comfy, and doesn't cause any blisters or anything like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom