Flip Flop recommendations?

KikoKea

When we've tracked our days, we walked over 13 miles, all together. At some resorts, just getting from your room to the bus is a nice hike!

Momof3petes

Some people can get away wearing flip flops/sandals while touring WDW. I'm not one of them, but my Mom swears by her Croc flip flops. Since you know your own feet better than any of us, I think if you take both options you'll be fine! Have a magical time!

Ciara

I wear a mix of sneakers and flip flops and my feet have never hurt!

My favorite are the Nike comfort flip flops! They have a good grippy bottom, REALLY comfortable. I have even worn cheap old navy flip flops and i was fine! They just slide on the concrete when it rains which could be dangerous!

Weather_Lady

I recommend a sandal made for hiking, and built to give you support and prevent slippage, even if it's soaking wet -- I love my Tevas! If you want the fashionable look of a flip-flop with the support of a hiking sandal, they even have styles that are identical to flip-flops, but with an adjustable ankle strap added.

http://www.teva.com/women-originals/original-sandal-floral-(satin)/1008650.html?dwvar_1008650_color=ZIN#start=8&cgid=women-view-all

I also recommend bringing TWO pairs of such sandals (in different styles, so they're not rubbing on exactly the same parts of your feet), and switching footwear mid-day, to help prevent blisters.

Last edited:

Cosmic Commando

I think the ultimate WDW sandal is the Crocs Bistro. They're basically a regular Croc clog with a decent sneaker tread on the bottom (not just the regular Crocs material on the bottom). That means they're light, breathable, comfy, and they can get wet. The tread on the bottom means they'll grip better in those Florida downpours. I got some on Amazon for around $22. If you're looking, there's several types: Mario Batali, Pro, vent holes, no vent holes, etc.

http://www.crocs.com/p/crocs-bistro...onSize&prefv1=&prefn2=refinementColor&prefv2=

pDSP1-9605954p275w.jpg

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I too am a fan of sneakers in the park, but I always pack a pair of flip flops in my bag. I like Reef flip flops because if it rains, your feet don't slide around in them. I went in August and had absolutely no blisters in a combination of sneakers and flip flops. The biggest thing is to find ones that are water resistant.

Miceberg

I HIGHLY recommend Skechers On the Go shoes. They are lightweight, dry fast if they get wet and have a super comfy footbed. I have worn them on several trips to WDW and DLR and have had the best results; no blisters, no aching feet or legs after a long day in the park. I even got caught in a torrential downpour where my shoes were soaked - still no blisters or rubbing and the shoes dried quickly.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I buckled and got one pair of cute and inexpensive sneakers to take as a just in case pair. I primarily plan on alternating between the two pairs of croc flip flops and the nike comfort thongs I got. Wish my feet and I luck!

DisneyDayDreamer

Chacos all the way! I swear by them. They're hiking sandals and don't tire my feet when I go to the parks. They are my favorite shoes of all time and I've convinced my friends to buy pairs when they go. Plus they're customizable!!!

habuma

I know that most people recommend sneakers and that's probably a good idea, but...

The *only* time I've ever gotten blisters at WDW or DL was when wearing sneakers. The past few trips I've packed sneakers (just in case), but never worn them. Instead I've been wearing a nice pair of Teva sandals with a decent arch. My feet are tired at the end of the day, but not a single blister while wearing them.

The one thing I definitely do, however, whether it be sandals or sneakers, is rub my feet all over, top and bottom, with Gold Bond Friction Defense. It feels a bit weird at first with your feet sliding all around your shoes, but you get used to it and it helps prevent blisters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom