News Flights of Wonder closing and replaced by 'UP! A Great Bird Adventure'

John park hopper

So glade we got to see it in May actually watched the show twice DW loves birds. This is closing-- GMR closed, got to see that in May and there is talk the Tiki birds are on their way out (saw it May) keep it up DIsney and there will be nothing of the original WDW left except in my memory

daguru

As long as it is another bird and wildlife show, than I am ok with the change... Needs something, 20 years is long enough for almost anything (except Reflections of Earth ;) )

Tom Morrow

I wish they realized how tacky and insincere cramming IP everywhere it didn't used to be comes across as. I wish they realized that WDW became a special and magical place for the original experiences they created, not as a place to experience all of your child's DVDs in a different format.

The more they do this, the more increasingly hard it becomes to justify being a fan of WDW as an adult. You used to be able to explain to people "well, actually, most of it has very little to do with what you think of as Disney!" but now you definitely can't.

At least it will still be about birds, and educational, I guess.

PorterRedkey

I am so tired of cartoons being put in attractions. I'm a grown man! I may act like a kid sometimes in the park, but I still have adult sensibilities. EPCOT and DAK used to be a place where cartoons IPs were less prominent. Sure, Walt used IP for his park, but the cartoons stuck to Fantasyland. Other lands were based on Davy Crocket/True Life Adventures and Space exploration - both real-world themes.

While I love the movie UP, these characters will only serve to dumb down this underrated bird show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom