Flies. Lots of Flies.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
From what I understand its the mulch that is being used. It apparently comes from Animal Kingdom and is laced with manure. The flies are spawning like crazy from it.
OMG somebody is gonna get fired!

Unfortunately it will not be the correct person. It should be the pencil pushing bureaucrat that was trying to save a few bucks and not the people that actually did the work

ptaylor

Premium Member
Flies are very bad at World Showcase, most certainly not love bugs. Here is a pic live from American Adventure Smokehouse.
image.jpg

Tom Morrow

I don't think standard flies are super common here in central Florida. I had been noticing a lot of flies the last few days but I didn't think much of it, but today it was pretty obvious, there's a bunch of them.

Jim Chandler

FYI Florida is a tropical climate it has the worst bug issues of all 50 states. WDW sits in the middle of basically a swamp.
In all my visits to WDW I have seen few if any bugs and for that matter I have never seen any palmetto bugs which if you think a fly is bad just have one of those suckers buzz you at night :eek:.
As for flies in an outdoor eatery there is only one sure remedy eat at an inside one.

DLB

Has anyone else noticed an over abundance of black flies everywhere at MK?

I'm inside Pecos Bill right now & there are flies everywhere. They were all around Sleepy Hollow yesterday & all over fantasyland about 10 min ago.

Anyone else noticing?
I had to Google to try to understand what the heck was going on at disney with the FLIES. Everywhere!!!!! Awful. Just left with the family to head back home. Still enjoyed but totally noticeable. It's a problem i would say. I know we had torrential rains down in South Fl a couple weeks ago....was there a Fly love fest?????

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
FYI Florida is a tropical climate it has the worst bug issues of all 50 states. WDW sits in the middle of basically a swamp.
In all my visits to WDW I have seen few if any bugs and for that matter I have never seen any palmetto bugs which if you think a fly is bad just have one of those suckers buzz you at night :eek:.
As for flies in an outdoor eatery there is only one sure remedy eat at an inside one.

I've also been amazed at how few palmetto bugs and fire ants there are at WDW.

tissandtully

From what I understand its the mulch that is being used. It apparently comes from Animal Kingdom and is laced with manure. The flies are spawning like crazy from it.

Interesting, do you mean it's mulch that is made at DAK or they are repurposing poopy mulch? I can see DAK making their own fertilizer and mulch, Disney is self-sufficient in a lot of areas. I don't see why someone should be fired over that though.

luv

I have to say this is the most interesting thread this week.
You should give Dave an award.

I don't know about this mulch thing. They're all over. I saw them at Blizzard Beach today. There were like 20-30 of them bugging me. And I had salad and water...not really a major fly-bringer, usually. But it could be mulch! No clue, really.

(Blizzard Beach is ridiculously crowded due to the unfortunate and untimely closing of Typhoon Lagoon.)

tissandtully

You should give Dave an award.

I don't know about this mulch thing. They're all over. I saw them at Blizzard Beach today. There were like 20-30 of them bugging me. And I had salad and water...not really a major fly-bringer, usually. But it could be mulch! No clue, really.

(Blizzard Beach is ridiculously crowded due to the unfortunate and untimely closing of Typhoon Lagoon.)

I have a feeling this is Disney-made mulch that's going all over property if true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom