Flies. Lots of Flies.

Disneyhead'71

Better than what i am dealing with. I have fleas in my house and i dont even own a pet. I haven't noticed flies at disney though.
Vacuum really well, then put some 20 Mule Team Borax in a shaker and cover your carpet in a light coating of it. Leave it there for a few days and then vacuum it up. That should take care of any flee problem you have.

JimboJones123

Update: Went to guest relations to comment about flies on my food at Pecos Bills. They did not care. They gave me a comment card & said to write a letter.

Seriously, what did you expect?

Another case of expectations not aligning with reality.

Blaming Disney? For mother nature? Would you expect resolution if an Egret stole your pretzel? Demand resolution?

Yep, bugs suck. The doors are always open at Pecos Bill.

You fussing about it causes more of a problem.

Fussing here afterwards, even more of one.

I get being upset about headless a headless chicken at the end of Splash Mt., but Disney is not ignoring the actual problem, just ignoring another self important guest trying to "get them."

Were you expecting a front of the line pass? Free lunch? You should really get over yourself and stop expecting Disney to waste resources on you.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

Blaming Disney? For mother nature? Would you expect resolution if an Egret stole your pretzel? Demand resolution?

I get being upset about headless a headless chicken at the end of Splash Mt., but Disney is not ignoring the actual problem, just ignoring another self important guest trying to "get them."

Were you expecting a front of the line pass? Free lunch? You should really get over yourself and stop expecting Disney to waste resources on you.

Excuse me?

I'm sorry, I expect basic food safety & cleanliness at Disney. Bugs crawling on food is a major issue.

Tigger1988

Right. Unless the flies are there due to poor sanitation I don't see why Disney would do anything other than pass along a comment card.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Excuse me?

I'm sorry, I expect basic food safety & cleanliness at Disney. Bugs crawling on food is a major issue.
I do understand your frustration, but once the food is in your hands the responsibility of keeping flies off the food lands on you.

Their responsibility is to provide you with sanitary food, what you do with it afterwards is your business.

TP2000

It's been years since I lived in the South, and since we don't have bug problems in dry Southern California and they simply don't exist at private businesses with routine cleaning like Disneyland, I won't pretend to be a bug expert. I have noticed bugs of all types and sizes while at WDW, but since I have a point of reference after living in the Humid Bug Infested American South, I'm not devastated by them. But they aren't attractive or pleasant.

But... surely there is something Disney could do to combat the bug infestations at WDW. They must have some sort of a pest management process in place, or that could be activated when infestations get bad. And if the black fly problem at restaurants is as bad as several posters on this thread say it is, then perhaps it's time for WDW management to step up their game and redouble efforts on controlling the bugs and nasties flying around.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Having grown up in Florida, I'm 100% sure that they have some sort of pest management program in place because the concentration of pests is much lower on property than surrounding areas. This may fall into the "something new" category and that is causing problems. Just a guess on my part.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Having grown up in Florida, I'm 100% sure that they have some sort of pest management program in place because the concentration of pests is much lower on property than surrounding areas. This may fall into the "something new" category and that is causing problems. Just a guess on my part.
Well considering how some people think that TDO is full of crap, maybe the flies are being attracted to poor management.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's been years since I lived in the South, and since we don't
But... surely there is something Disney could do to combat the bug infestations at WDW. They must have some sort of a pest management process in place, or that could be activated when infestations get bad. And if the black fly problem at restaurants is as bad as several posters on this thread say it is, then perhaps it's time for WDW management to step up their game and redouble efforts on controlling the bugs and nasties flying around.

WDW have a massive pest control operation that they run. Notice you rarely see ground based bugs around property? That is not just by chance.

They also spray daily for airborne bugs.

PirateFrank

Excuse me?

Dave is right. Moreover, Disney has a massive pest control dept as already indicated by Steve. Guest Relations should want to be aware of this sorta thing as they can relay the info to pest control. Merely saying 'just fill out this card' and expecting it to filter through the system isn't doing Dave, guest relations or pest control any favors.....

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Dave is right. Moreover, Disney has a massive pest control dept as already indicated by Steve. Guest Relations should want to be aware of this sorta thing as they can relay the info to pest control. Merely saying 'just fill out this card' and expecting it to filter through the system isn't doing Dave, guest relations or pest control any favors.....

You're operating from assumption that pest control isn't already doing all they can. However, guest relations should be polite and say that.....Really, for flies, it is hard to beat fly strips....I can't imagine the complaints if fly strips were hanging everywhere full of little corpses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom