Flies. Lots of Flies.

TP2000

WDW have a massive pest control operation that they run. Notice you rarely see ground based bugs around property? That is not just by chance.

They also spray daily for airborne bugs.

Thank you! I can't imagine that WDW doesn't have a major pest control program, and it's probably its own department that works solely on that issue.

Let's hope a few of those comment cards made it to the right person and they can quickly double-check that their black fly control program is sufficient at the MK restaurants.

tissandtully

They had a problem with bees at the mug stations at the resorts so they installed these fans that keep them away, they can do the same with flies. I also know the flies aren't just on your food when you get it, they've also been hanging out all over the condiment station at Pecos Bills, which is not a good thing.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'd like to think a multi billion dollar company can come up with better solutions than I.

But yes, exterminate them with extreme prejudice

I hate flies just as much as you, but in an establishment that has people constantly coming and going and with open doors, it can be extremely hard to control, especially in the south.

Does Pecos have air curtains?

luv

Yes!

Little baby flies. Everywhere!! WHAT is going on?

I don't have them at my house. Don't know if they aren't here or Orkin is doing their job or what.

But Disney is seriously infested with thousands of little flies all over. Gross. Gross. Gross.

I'm sure they're doing what they can. I just hope they get rid of them before the babies have babies. It will be like a sci-fi movie.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yes!

Little baby flies. Everywhere!! WHAT is going on?

I don't have them at my house. Don't know if they aren't here or Orkin is doing their job or what.

But Disney is seriously infested with thousands of little flies all over. Gross. Gross. Gross.

I'm sure they're doing what they can. I just hope they get rid of them before the babies have babies. It will be like a sci-fi movie.
Flies are attracted to filth....perhaps they have cut back on maintenance so much that nothing is being cleaned.

luv

Flies are attracted to filth....perhaps they have cut back on maintenance so much that nothing is being cleaned.
No flies on you! ;)

I honestly have to wonder if they didn't let some area go...and that's what brought the flies. I mean, they're there for some reason. I think. Maybe not. But experience would tell you that.

I wish them luck battling the flies.

I hear the 17 year locusts are arriving up north. Maybe flies arrive in different areas? Maybe the locusts chased them out?

I don't know. It is gross, though.

tissandtully

No flies on you! ;)

I honestly have to wonder if they didn't let some area go...and that's what brought the flies. I mean, they're there for some reason. I think. Maybe not. But experience would tell you that.

I wish them luck battling the flies.

I hear the 17 year locusts are arriving up north. Maybe flies arrive in different areas? Maybe the locusts chased them out?

I don't know. It is gross, though.
No, it's just nature. Read the article posted above. They'll be attracted more to busier areas though just because there is food laying around or in trash bins. You'd have to empty trash every 5 minutes to keep up with that.

luv

No, it's just nature. Read the article posted above. They'll be attracted more to busier areas though just because there is food laying around or in trash bins. You'd have to empty trash every 5 minutes to keep up with that.
That article is talking about something else. These are not mosquito or fruit fly sized bugs. There's are regular house flies, just many of them are small. But bigger than what they're talking about in that article. And this is new within the last week, not something that's been going on for months.

I also haven't had a problem with the bugs in that article. I should give the Orkin guy a bonus, lol. :D

tissandtully

That article is talking about something else. These are not mosquito or fruit fly sized bugs. There's are regular house flies, just many of them are small. But bigger than what they're talking about in that article. And this is new within the last week, not something that's been going on for months.

I also haven't had a problem with the bugs in that article. I should give the Orkin guy a bonus, lol. :D

I bet if you had trash cans every 10 feet around your house you'd have them. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom