Flies. Lots of Flies.

luv

I do not know if Disney fixed it or they died or went elsewhere or what...but there are less flies now. Still a few, but less.

Also, the staff at Blizzard Beach is ed off that they sent lifeguards to Typhoon Lagoon to clean because they really need more at Blizzard, with all those extra people. And they need time off. I overheard this conversation two times, with two different groups of lifeguards...so I guess they're really mad.

Yert3

I hate how Disney never really makes PSAs when something is wrong or weird is happening. It would be nice to let us know that they're aware of the situation. Reports of the flys being down are good. But Disney should have let us known they were aware of the problem a few days ago.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I hate how Disney never really makes PSAs when something is wrong or weird is happening. It would be nice to let us know that they're aware of the situation. Reports of the flys being down are good. But Disney should have let us known they were aware of the problem a few days ago.
I must ask. Would it change anything? As bad as they were did anyone actually think Disney had overlooked the fact that there were flies of biblical proportions?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I dunno...I sortof saw this as a PSA.

Why? Because a lot of people see it.

I am an Eagle Scout, and I feel that the values and ideals I learned being one (even though I've not always lived up to them, and neither will my "princess"), I insisted that my kid be a Girl Scout, and at some point she will make the choice to either stick with Girl Scouts, or move to Venture Scouting (I greatly hope the latter, but she's a few years from that)...

Anyhow, the point is...I asked her once, what did you learn from Girl Scouts...she said "To sell cookies!"

I know GSA offers more than that! And I discussed it with her mother, and put her this year into a good summer camp (horseriding based) that will teach her more than that.

So, what does that have to do with my video post?

She is a princess. And only through experience can she gain the confidence required to be one.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I think teaching little girls how to be good people is more important.

And that means confidence. And, since I'm stuck being a parent from abroad, that means experiences.

So, why do I take my kid to Disney? Why do I make sure that it's not just her and me every few trips? Even when it costs me an arm and a leg? Simple. To inspire her. To make her realize that dreams can be made into reality, and that life is about enjoyment and family.

And one day, my Princess will grow up. And I want her to be happy.

Yert3

I must ask. Would it change anything? As bad as they were did anyone actually think Disney had overlooked the fact that there were flies of biblical proportions?
I know that they have to know about it. It would just be nice if the let us know when they're aware things are wrong.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
And, I'll teach her about archery...as it's my favorite thing.

Anyhow the point is...you can't stand up for anyone, if you never learned to stand yourself.

Tom Morrow

I agree in general, but in this case, what more would the PSA say than "there are lots of flies in central Florida for some reason." ?

Yert3

Is it not possible to have something done to keep them away? I'm no expert in pest control but I'm pretty sure there is. It would be nice to say that they're aware of a fly problem and are working on pest control.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My previous posts belong I posted belong on the other thread about not seeing the kid so much.

Sorry for posting here, not trying to derail.

luv

Is it not possible to have something done to keep them away? I'm no expert in pest control but I'm pretty sure there is. It would be nice to say that they're aware of a fly problem and are working on pest control.
What kind of announcement did you want? Something on they're website? Like, "We have flies! It's a problem. We're working on it." Or an announcement in the parks?

I'm not sure what you meant by PSA.

Yert3

What kind of announcement did you want? Something on they're website? Like, "We have flies! It's a problem. We're working on it." Or an announcement in the parks?

I'm not sure what you meant by PSA.
Both would actually be pretty good. I'm not quite sure why people wouldn't want Disney to acknowledge when something is wrong.

Yert3

To add on what I'm saying, it's not just the flies. It's when anything goes wrong. I really don't want to start a yeti conversation here but it's the only example I can think of at the moment. I know there are theories about the foundation but from what I've heard, those are just theories. Has Disney ever officially stated why it isn't working, and if they haven't, WHY NOT?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom