Flame Tree Barbecue closing for refurbishment

WDsMouse

That quick service is also outside.

Pizzafari has some outside seating, but the majority is inside. Flame Tree is ALL outside, but I love the atmosphere. EDIT - Oh, I see you were talking about Yak & Yeti - You're right, that is outside for QS too.

I love the food at FTB, but it used to be even better. Cheaper, and they gave you more food. The sandwiches were slightly bigger and they gave you corn on the cob with a large side of beans. Now VERY small side of beans and no corn. I still love the food there, but they keep chipping away at it, little by little.

NewfieFan

Noooooo! I love the chicken with the sweet & spicy BBQ sauce on the side! It opens up two days before we depart... hopefully they reopen on time. Maybe we still get in FTB during this trip! *fingers crossed*

And yes, I miss the corn bread too!

cslafferty

First TSM, now FT . . . I guess that's the price we pay for coming in late Aug. during the value season! I hope nothing else closes down.

Thessair

I've been a bit disappointed with Flame Tree on the last two trips. Both times someone in our party found massive globs of gristle/fat/what-have-you in the middle of our beef sandwiches. It's made me a bit hesitant to go back, which is a shame as it was my favorite place to eat in AK.

Kamikaze

I have a feeling the dates are chosen with business trends. They are closing the restaurant toward the end of their summer season, but still one of the hottest times of year. The combination of both probably doesn't allow flame tree to see much business for those weeks.

Are you saying BBQ isn't popular when its hot?

MKCP 1985

While I do enjoy eating at Flame Tree, I still miss their BBQ chicken sandwich. But there's something about the predator-prey decor that makes that place so fun. :)

picture.php

Disney,

Please bring back the corn bread.

Love,

Joe M

Ain't that the truth!

If they could refurb the menu in a positive way, the temporary closure would be worth it. :)

JimboJones123

Flame Tree BBQ, you are dead to me since eliminating the Brisket sandwich. We would make AK into a 2 day park just to go twice. Now--I would rather have the same Pizzafari you can get at 15 + other locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom