Flame Tree Barbecue closing for refurbishment

anyone got any tips on how to avoid those annoying ducks at FTB? they really bother my brother so much that he is considering skipping FTB altogether on our next trip

disneypearl

I ate at Flame Tree BBQ once and was not impressed, now the Picnic in the Park was great and I miss that. Pizzafari is my choice at AK and I look forward to going there.

I think I join you on that one - even though this will be our youngests daughters first visit!!

I, as well, am much more disappointed that IASW :eek::cry::cry::cry::cry:, TSM :cry: , the Liberty Square Riverboat :cry:, and la Cantina San Angel :cry: will ALL be closed during our trip. Four out of my five little ones would have experienced them for the first time.

Pooh Lover

anyone got any tips on how to avoid those annoying ducks at FTB? they really bother my brother so much that he is considering skipping FTB altogether on our next trip

With the restaurant being closed for over a month, the ducks may have to find another place to annoy. I'm hoping the ducks don't catch on that FTB is open again until after we've been there the week of Sept. 20th. It is our favorite place at AK.

DiPSU224

This has been a problem for me at just about every outdoor dining area in WDW. I am deathly afraid of the ducks and cranes even though I know they aren't going to hurt me. I am constantly freaking out when we eat knowing that one is lurking around the corner. My husband gets mad because I make a scene and I can't eat because I'm so scared. It doesn't make for a pleasant dining experience. :lol: FTB seems to be the worst.

And no cornbread makes me terribly sad.

BrerFrog

Those ducks annoy me, but they are kind of cute when they aren't staring at my food and lurking around my table waiting for me to drop some food on the ground.

NewfieFan

With the restaurant being closed for over a month, the ducks may have to find another place to annoy. I'm hoping the ducks don't catch on that FTB is open again until after we've been there the week of Sept. 20th. It is our favorite place at AK.

Maybe that's why they're closing it for refurb... to clear the area of all the ducks! :lol:

And my daughter was terrified of them when she was 14mths old... seriously! Even time a duck came near her highchair she would scream in terror!

Kobe!!

I can't wait for all the CP's to get sent over to PF and Resto. :dazzle:

As a former CP at Resto, we had a lot of "testing" going on in our kitchen. We were told in early Feb at one of the "testing phases" that we were to get a new menu and "makeover" around Easter. This including tv's with the menu on them (like Electric Umbrella does). We never got it as many of you probably know.

Call me crazy, but maybe what they had intentions on doing to Resto will be done at Flame Tree?

From what I remember we had the following to taste test.

- Some kind of popcorn shrimp sandwich
- Kids meal pale w/ hot dog
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Phili Steak Sandwich
and I believe one or two more I can't think of atm.

Hope this is helpful? :eek:

What a bummer it's going to be closed during our trip.. During free dining no less. Ah well, my 3 YO niece (first trip) would probably rather eat at PF anyway.

And, yeah, what is with those dang Disney ducks? We ate at Casey's on Main Street, and actually had ducks come waddling their way inside the dang restaurant.

kapeman

Well obviously spending all that time putting in positives on the survey was wasted. I just dont get Disney at times the picnic seemed to be popular. :shrug:

They brought it back, sort of.

Now you just grab the items you want from coolers and they only have the wraps now, no more rotisserie chicken.

I will really miss that. We loved it!

nibblesandbits

I actually thought it was strange they were closing it during Free Dining. Not necessarily the smartest idea, but then what do I know? Plus, with Free Dining being extended basically through the rest of the year, I guess now is as good as any.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom