First timers to WDW

jilliansmom

Original Poster
We are arriving in WDW on Sunday 3/22

Two adults, 3 kids ages 12, 5 and an infant.

Any advice/tips/etc?

Is one day enough for us at the Magic Kingdom?

Have a great time! How many days in the Magic Kingdom kind of depends on how many days you could spend. How long is your trip? Where are you staying?
3/22 is my birthday--enjoy it for me!! :ROFLOL:

gembob

One day will probably seem like you have had to rush everything and it is highly unlikely that you will see everything that you want to. That is IMO and I don't have children. With children, especially the little ones I think you will be extremely pushed.

muteki

While we have no kids so I can't offer any help with that, but I do know that in our case, 1 day was not enough time for 2 adults :) What is the length of your stay, and how many days are you dedicating to the parks?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
How long will you be there? Are you staying on-site or off-site? Have you made dining reservations? Will you have a vehicle or depend on Disney transport?

5 days before arriving doesn't leave much time, but we'll see what we can do to help. :D

One day at MK you won't be able to see or do everything, but with an infant you probably shouldn't even try. But if you make a list of must-do rides and attractions and use fast-pass where you can, you can accomplish a lot.

jilliansmom

Original Poster
Our agenda

We are arriving Sunday afternoon and leaving Friday morning.

I figured one day for Magic Kingdom, then we have tix to SeaWorld and the Wonderworks museum

I guess I didn't realize MK was so HUGE!!

What is reccommended?

jilliansmom

Original Poster
We are driving there

so I will have my own vehicle. The only reservations I made were at Crystal Palace at 3:30

I definitely don't want to rush... but want to see/do as much as possible.

I wish I would have found this site sooner

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
so I will have my own vehicle. The only reservations I made were at Crystal Palace at 3:30

I definitely don't want to rush... but want to see/do as much as possible.

I wish I would have found this site sooner
With a baby you'll probably want to schedule a break and go for a nap. Cranky babies are no fun on vacation. Depending on how well the 12 and 5 year olds get along and how trustworthy the 12 year old is, you might let them stay in the park while the baby gets a nap or take them back with you and they could have a swim.

Some rides have height restrictions, so there may be rides the 12-yo can ride but the 5-yo can't. Mickey's Toontown Fair is great for the little ones, but the 12-yo might be less impressed. Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, Peter Pan's Flight [Fastpass this one], Jungle Cruise, Dumbo [long wait almost always], lots of great stuff you can all do together...

imamouse

My #1 tip is to get there early! Arrive 20-30 minutes before the posted opening time (taking into account extra magic hours). You will be able to experience more rides and attractions from opening to 11 a.m. than twice that amount of time if arriving at 10 a.m. or later - especially during crowded periods (currently experiencing rolling spring breaks). Have fun!

DisneyPrincess5

:wave:
You'll have a GREAT time! Make sure not to rush too much, especially being your first trip, because you'll tire yourself out too quickly, and take advantage of the Fastpasses!

Kamikaze

First thing to acknowledge and understand is that you will not, and cannot, do it all. Its fine to try to do as much as you can, but don't try to force yourself and your family to do more than is possible.

Second thing is to judge for yourself what you want to do. If you walk by something and you think 'hey, that looks cool', then do it. Don't let someone on these boards or in a book tell you what is good and what isn't. Judge it on your own.

You only have one reservation, so thats the only time you absolutely need to be in one place at a given time. Don't make strict schedules for anything else.

Are you staying onsite? If so, take advantage of the morning Extra Magic Hours.

The only advice I would give is to get to parks at opening or before they open. It is always the least busy time of the day, and you can get a lot done before the crowds even get to the park. Especially the kiddie rides, like Peter Pan's Flight, Its A Small World, Snow White, etc.

I saw in your other thread that you weren't sure about SeaWorld. Don't worry, you'll enjoy it. I'm not into animals either, but I always have a great time there. Wonderworks is a tourist trap kind of place, you can hit the whole thing rather quickly.

Craig & Lisa

If you get park hopper tickets, then you don't have to do a whole day in one park, go in the morning when the park opens stay for about 5 or 6 hours and then go back to your resort and take a break....NAP!! never, ever do a whole day in any park, you will regret it and be barking at the family before your day is over. Go back to the resort and get your second wind, then go back to the same park or one of the others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom