First the napkins, now the cups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopeylover

I don't mean for this question to come off argumentative but ...

Philosophically are you ok with cost cutting tactics that are not invested back into the parks?

You're not argumentative! I am happy to engage in discussions, I just don't see the need to be disrespectful. No, I am not Ok with that. I think long and hard about where and how my family spends money, and it does disappoint me that I see a decline in the parks and attractions, and it has affected (to a very very small degree to our family) how often and long we go. I agree and appreciate your opinion. What caused me to comment is what I already stated above:

1. We're not even sure this is an official change over. As other people said, perhaps they are just using cheapo cups til they change over to the Halloween cups. The post quickly turned into a cup at a restaurant meaning we're going to be operating the rides ourselves and making the repairs because the parks are in a downward spiral (please note sarcasm). I know the cup stands for other issues, but until then, for me it is a cup. For you, I respect your difference in thought. I honestly had never thought of the paper cups at WDW before until this post.

2. If you see enough changes that pile up to the point you feel you are losing the experience you want, put your money with your mouth is and go somewhere else. Wouldn't THAT be the best way to show them you're unhappy with the direction they are going in?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You're not argumentative! I am happy to engage in discussions, I just don't see the need to be disrespectful. No, I am not Ok with that. I think long and hard about where and how my family spends money, and it does disappoint me that I see a decline in the parks and attractions, and it has affected (to a very very small degree to our family) how often and long we go. I agree and appreciate your opinion. What caused me to comment is what I already stated above:

1. We're not even sure this is an official change over. As other people said, perhaps they are just using cheapo cups til they change over to the Halloween cups. The post quickly turned into a cup at a restaurant meaning we're going to be operating the rides ourselves and making the repairs because the parks are in a downward spiral (please note sarcasm). I know the cup stands for other issues, but until then, for me it is a cup. For you, I respect your difference in thought. I honestly had never thought of the paper cups at WDW before until this post.

2. If you see enough changes that pile up to the point you feel you are losing the experience you want, put your money with your mouth is and go somewhere else. Wouldn't THAT be the best way to show them you're unhappy with the direction they are going in?
I'd much rather they give us the park and experience that we have come to expect from a company that has previously prided itself in their attention to the details.

If we can affect positive change isn't it for the greater good instead of the selfish attitude of "it's not what I want so I'm taking my toys and going home" ?

unkadug

This is very much a discussion, except for your dismissive attitude towards those that disagree with you.

You really think that by one family not going, Disney will see a decline in profit?

The better course of action is to affect change not some miniscule boycott that will NEVER be noticed.

dopeylover

Telling someone not to go somewhere they no longer are happy with is not rude, but obviously we have a difference of opinion on that as well. If you are no longer happy with a product, don't spend your money there anymore. The surest way to tell a company something is wrong is to have them see a decline in profit. Complaining on here will not affect the change you want (and by the way, I'd like it too!). Telling the company itself you're unhappy and not spending your money with them? I think that's a more effective way.

dopeylover

I am aware that they do, but how is seeing a discussion on a msg. board about the decline of the parks more effective than complaining to them directly and telling them that until they get their standards up, you're not spending money with them? I realize that my one person little 'miniscule' boycott will not send them into a rage of upgrades and refurbishments, but how is writing on here and then continuing to spend money there doing something better?

minninedaisy74

Obviously you do NOT understand if you continue the line of "If you don't like it then don't go"

How dismissive is that towards those that DO care?

I find your dismissing of us as RUDE.
I don't think she is being rude at all and I some what agree with her. Like I said on our last trip in July 11 we saw a lot of the decline that so many talk about on here. So for us we decided to wait until summer '14 to go again and hopefully some of the things that bothered us will be on the mend but if the quality of the product is not better or there are no noticeable improvements then we will take our business else where until the problems are every solved. I will be so sad if that is what it comes to but I can't see wasting a 2 week vacation to only be bothered the entire time with a declining product.

unkadug

Disney's number are already dropping. They need to know why.

If we simply sit back and say nothing about the declines then how will they ever know why we are unhappy?

dopeylover

Attendance was actually up (1% in WDW), although down slightly in resort occupancy. And the decline in occupancy actually had a bit less to do with people not going than the fact that they actually expanded resorts.

flynnibus

Premium Member
1. We're not even sure this is an official change over

Tha'ts the point you keep missing.. it doesn't matter if it's not official or not. It means the company has ran itself thin enough to expose this 'problem' where they don't have their normal cups.

Lets say there is one Donald Duck onstage at any time. How many costumes for Donald do they need? Only one technically (or maybe two to allow next CM to get on stage quicker). But in reality, to maintain a level of perfection and show, they will have multiple costumes. This is to allow the company to absorb 'problems' with the costumes without impacting the show and little issues preventing Donald from going on stage.

This is the same business philosophy. If you run yourself so thin, you expose yourself to risk of not being able to deliver on your show promise. Here, for some reason, they do not have their normal cups. That means they didn't have a Contingency plan in place.. or are too cheap to put it in play.

So either way it happens.. it shows a lack of either foresight by the company, or lack of commitment to customer experience by the company to make the problem disappear.

Just like Alec said above.. they are running themselves thin.. knowing they will just 'accept' the degregation in show/production if they get caught with their pants down.

That's the difference and change that has people upset.. the fact the company is WILLING to accept that lower standard.

It's not about the cup - it's about the business.

DisneyWall-E

Man, some people are just thick. How dose someone not get the concept of declining by degrees? Is the sight of a plain napkin or generic cup going to ruin a vacation? I doubt it. But it IS a decline by a degree. A small, almost miniscule, degree to some, and a larger degree to others. But it is a decline by any definition.

unkadug

Disney parks attendance statewide was up 1%, not WDW.....
So park admissions must have been HORRIBLE before since the opening of RSR has reportedly increased traffic at both California parks tremendously.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
So park admissions must have been HORRIBLE before since the opening of RSR has reportedly increased traffic at both California parks tremendously.

I think there was a reason both Iger declined to discuss park attendance numbers when the last earnings report came out, and all of the sudden the FLE opening dates were simultaneously being released....

captainkidd

Attendance was actually up (1% in WDW), although down slightly in resort occupancy. And the decline in occupancy actually had a bit less to do with people not going than the fact that they actually expanded resorts.

Meanwhile attendance at Universal was up almost 30%. Just sayin'.

dopeylover

Thank God...now I can sleep again. :D

They must have read this thread! ;)

Just kidding everyone!!!!!

I think we all want the same thing here, which is our favorite place to be the best possible and the quality we want it to be for the enormous amount of money we pay. I feel like we are all beating a dead horse in terms of trying to get our points across, and I wish it could have been a bit more respectful, but I for one am going to go enjoy the holiday weekend and bow out. I hope you all have a great weekend, regardless of our differences in ideals/opinions.

Uncle Lupe

Maybe the cup problem was out of their control. What would look worse using a shipment of cups that were printed incorrectly or generic Coke cups. If this is for just a transition period or new standard only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom