Fire Mountain

Mansion Butler

A fifth gate would guarantee 10 million additional visits (a 22% increase),

You said alot that was correct. There is no evidence, however, to support that.

Sure there is. Both AK and DCA were new parks and both now are nearing 10,000,000 in less then 10 years, as has every park Disney has ever opened.

WDW is not experiencing 10,000,000 more guests than they were. In recent months there has been a significant rise, but, for the most part, a similar guest base has been spread out by the parks.

Withougt TLC for MGM, a fifth gate might just kill the already existing park.

ToTBellHop

and to suggest DCA is nearing 10,000,000 guests per year is...laughable. True, attendance levels are on the increase, but they are only now back around their mid-1990s levels. That's how bad the post 9/11 drop off was.

CarlHS

"Yes, there is 1 Star Tours in DL and 0 in MK. I.e. DL has 1 more E ticket.

But. . . that's kind've the point. Disney has no reason to shove as much as they can into the Magic Kingdom. They're catering to people spending a vacation at multiple different parks.

Part of my problem with Disneyland (much as I do still love it) is how freakin' crammed it is."

I really have no problem with Star Tours being in another park, I'm using it as an example of the disparity. I also agree that DL is cramped (due to finite space), but I actually like how attractions intermingle with other attractions much more than FL. TTA is one of the few that mixes with other rides.

My point remains: All the other Disney Parks have gotten or are getting E Tickets at a much greater pace than MK, and with a deficit of 1 E ticket with the loss of the Subs, it really is way overdue. Imagine, for a moment, the MK with Fire Mountain looming over Adventureland, the volcano rumbling in the distance and Villains lurk in dark alleyways in the heart of Villain Village alongside the brooding Bald Mountain. Dare to ride the river raft to the heart of their lair; can you foil their sordid plot?

Now that's a Magic Kingdom.

I'd support growth in the other parks as well, MGM needs help, AK needs Beastly Kingdome and Epcot needs a few new countries, etc, etc. But just because they need things doesn't mean MK doesn't need it too.

CarlHS

"WDW is not experiencing 10,000,000 more guests than they were. In recent months there has been a significant rise, but, for the most part, a similar guest base has been spread out by the parks."
They certainly are - as I stated, compared to numbers prior to AK. Last year saw new attendance records above pre 9/11 records. If AK weren't there, that's 9,000,000 right there, and the other million is divvied up among the other 3 parks.

"Without TLC for MGM, a fifth gate might just kill the already existing park."

I'm not saying no TLC for MGM, please do, it needs its.

Let's look at the number 2, 3 and 4 parks on the list. DL, Tokyo DL and Tokyo DS are all over 12,000,000. DisneySea is 5 years old and it's kicking a__. Why? Investment! Their not sitting there saying "It doesn't need anything", they’ve been dumping capitol into all three of these parks and the results show. MK is the only anomaly.

Champion

"WDW is not experiencing 10,000,000 more guests than they were. In recent months there has been a significant rise, but, for the most part, a similar guest base has been spread out by the parks."
They certainly are - as I stated, compared to numbers prior to AK. Last year saw new attendance records above pre 9/11 records. If AK weren't there, that's 9,000,000 right there, and the other million is divvied up among the other 3 parks.

"Without TLC for MGM, a fifth gate might just kill the already existing park."

I'm not saying no TLC for MGM, please do, it needs its.

Let's look at the number 2, 3 and 4 parks on the list. DL, Tokyo DL and Tokyo DS are all over 12,000,000. DisneySea is 5 years old and it's kicking a__. Why? Investment! Their not sitting there saying "It doesn't need anything", they’ve been dumping capitol into all three of these parks and the results show. MK is the only anomaly.

First, dude, use the quote tags. It makes it SOO much easier to read. Thanks. You use do [ quote ] text here [ /quote ] without the spaces between the [ ] and quote

Second. You CANNOT use Tokyo parks in any monetary argument. Oriental Land Company pays for basically everything over there, so they are in another league in terms of available capital for whatever they want to do.

Third, DL was in terrible shape as well up until the 50th. And the 50th was a lot of the same TLC that MK is getting now. Major refurbs of the classics. DL has not received anything new, really, either. The subs yes, but what was before that as a totally new attraction? Buzz and Pooh, and thats less than the MK has had, with Philharmagic.

Yes, the MK has less attractions than DL. But if DL had the same blessing of space that WDW has, there would be at least three parks there too, and the rides would be spread out there as well.

Mansion Butler

They certainly are - as I stated, compared to numbers prior to AK. Last year saw new attendance records above pre 9/11 records. If AK weren't there, that's 9,000,000 right there, and the other million is divvied up among the other 3 parks.[/quote]

SO then. . . my managers are making things up to worry about and I should trust you instead?

Got it.

Mansion Butler

Third, DL was in terrible shape as well up until the 50th. And the 50th was a lot of the same TLC that MK is getting now. Major refurbs of the classics. DL has not received anything new, really, either. The subs yes, but what was before that as a totally new attraction? Buzz and Pooh, and thats less than the MK has had, with Philharmagic.

No freakin' way are the subs a new attraction. A refurb of a long closed attraction is it.

They do have an advantage in that Pooh didn't eliminate Mr. Toads. Though 1) killing CBJ and 2) being in a stupid area still keeps it on the hook.

ohioguy

Original Poster
I'd like to see the Matterhorn or this Fire Mountain AND the Little Mermaid attraction come to life (Little Mermaid is far, far too popular STILL not to have a permanent audio-animatronic attraction built NOW).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'd like to see the Matterhorn or this Fire Mountain AND the Little Mermaid attraction come to life (Little Mermaid is far, far too popular STILL not to have a permanent audio-animatronic attraction built NOW).

They have the live stage show, isn't that better?:shrug:

ohioguy

Original Poster

The live stage show is great, but Ariel is at home in The Magic Kingdom. That the film - and the character - has held onto its popularity for so long is a testament that she deserves even greater permanence. I just read 'the Unofficial Guide.." and word on the street is that Pooh's Playful Spot's days are numbered and that we may see the arrival of 'Under the Sea' before you know it.

Enchantâmes

Lets compare shall we. Finding Nemo has a stage show, a interactive show, and a ride. Lion King at one time had 3 shows. The Little Mermaid has 1 show and that show only at WDW and Triton's carousel at DLR. but still I think they should put in the Under the Sea adventure ride in Fantasyland, I bet it would be as popular as maybe Peter Pan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom