Final Performance of 'Illuminations : RoE' Fan Meetup - Imagination Pavilion Gardens : Sept-30th 2pm-3pm

trainplane3

Another angle:

And a high quality imbed for those of you that want to zoom in:
EGN7RNwWwAE7Tys.jpg:orig

EGOA4KLWoAA55qh.jpg:orig

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Does anyone know of any tasteful posters being sold for Reflections of Earth? Like on Etsy and such? I found all of the merch Disney sold for IllumiNations to be tacky and tasteless and refused to buy any of it, but I want... something. Users on Etsy have some nice designs, but no posters.
I could somewhat see what they were going for with the RoE merch. Black backgrounds so the coloured sparks and lights stand out. But everything just came out so dreadfully unsightly. I wouldn't have mind a mug or something fun kitchy with lights.

Meanwhile EPCOT Forever Gone gets all this awesome Figment stuff! Hrmpf!

Tom Morrow

*holding onto a sliver of hope that they're dismantling the globe to display it somewhere else*

I could somewhat see what they were going for with the RoE merch. Black backgrounds so the coloured sparks and lights stand out. But everything just came out so dreadfully unsightly. I wouldn't have mind a mug or something fun kitchy with lights.

Meanwhile EPCOT Forever Gone gets all this awesome Figment stuff! Hrmpf!
The Figment ROE merch was the only stuff I considered. Everything with Mickey smiling and blowing out the torch was horribly tone-deaf, cartoony, and tacky.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I don't understand the need to demolish. Unless there are plans to reuse the barge, It literally would cost the $0 to store the Illuminations equipment. It's not like they have to keep it inside, for the past 20 years its been outside on the water.

The Empress Lilly

*holding onto a sliver of hope that they're dismantling the globe to display it somewhere else*

The Figment ROE merch was the only stuff I considered. Everything with Mickey smiling and blowing out the torch was horribly tone-deaf, cartoony, and tacky.
That in itself was a deal-breaker for me too.

That, and the fact that I wanted RoE stuff, not 'Farewell RoE 2019'. I would've wanted to be reminded of the show, not of its departure. I also don't need really event merch. I saw both the opening day of GE and the Skyliner and EF and the last show of RoE but don't need a shirt to show that off.

trainplane3

I figured this is the best place to dump some of the content from the final night. If you (somehow) see yourself in any of my pictures then please let me know and I'll send you the full quality image!
Crowds were ever so slightly heavy...we were about 6-10 people deep by the time the show started:
LR0eOzt.jpg

Trub5cR.jpg

Some blogger recording and streaming the show with hastily waterproofed equipment 🤣. It rained quite well about an hour before and then again around 10 minutes before:
1pEc21g.jpg

You can see the excellent quality video he was shooting here:

My only picture of the show in action:
D4pcn49.jpg

And like @marni1971 asked of everyone, we of course ran over to the bridge:
ywda1ju.jpg

9UTeppV.jpg

is1GDHg.jpg

Bridge went up, everyone screamed and cheered for the crew (enjoy my trash quality video of it, Pixels are still bad at video):

And a good quality version of it:

Everyone continued to sit and around and cheer as the crew brought back more barges:
eGs22Y1.jpg

A bit of the cheering before and after the show here:

After sitting around for a while, we decided to start walking away at 10:30pm. But of course, right as we got to the front of WS...

Good quality (and me going "oh oh oh oh oh oh oh" at the beginning):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_Lc6UPqusk

It was a fun night.

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

That they are. Don’t expect to see them move too much once completed.

For the record, the last show pulled in more than twice the average park attendance for an evening. If it had been somewhere near that all the time the show might have been overhauled as opposed to scrapped.

I know it's early, but it's there any internal response to the perceived mixed reception on Epcot Forever?

trainplane3

For the record, the last show pulled in more than twice the average park attendance for an evening. If it had been somewhere near that all the time the show might have been overhauled as opposed to scrapped.
It was total chaos. I've never seen Epcot so busy in my (young) life. Never did NYE. I'm sure F&W added to the mess. The lousy 9pm "closing" hours don't help the park at all for having a night time attendance draw.

I was in the park on 10/4 with plans to watch EF once more. Between the booths, the drunks, the fact it's a Friday and locals are coming, and my lack of desire to hear little kids sing songs, I ran out of the park so fast.

My friends said that while they liked doing F&W on this trip, they have no desire to ever do it again. 100% agree with that. It sucks the final RoE landed at this time of the year. I'm going to try the art festival because...well I like art and it doesn't seem as bad. Worse case, I'll never do a festival again.

The Empress Lilly

As compared to what though? RoE can only be compared against itself at EPCOT, as it has played every night for twenty years.

EPCOT vs the MK then? Well maybe RoE is not the cause of EPCOT's decline. Maybe the issue is that Epcot can't choose between three audiences, mutually incompatible, and who each leave dissatisfied: the drunks/locals/festival goers, the classic EPCOT fans, and the family/kids/IP crowd.

Tom Morrow

The globe is dismantled, and with it, our dreams of the future.

It was total chaos. I've never seen Epcot so busy in my (young) life. Never did NYE.
I've done NYE at Epcot many times. 9/30 was, I would have to guess, still about half to 2/3rds of a NYE crowd. It's total chaos. The biggest difference is that on 9/30 if you went away from the lagoon it wasn't too bad, but on NYE there's no escape, its a sea of people everywhere.

HMF

Well, it might have been wise because overhauling the show would have ensured my continued attendance. Frankly at this point I don't really feel the need to visit WDW again. It affects me that much. I know I am only one person and easily replaceable in their eyes though.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As compared to what though? RoE can only be compared against itself at EPCOT, as it has played every night for twenty years.

EPCOT vs the MK then? Well maybe RoE is not the cause of EPCOT's decline. Maybe the issue is that Epcot can't choose between three audiences, mutually incompatible, and who each leave dissatisfied: the drunks/locals/festival goers, the classic EPCOT fans, and the family/kids/IP crowd.
RoE was just not holding attendance in the parks anymore. Numbers were dropping each day from the days high to closing. People were leaving before the show started in measurable numbers. In the past guests would arrive late to see the show and attendance would go up as the day went on, but the reverse was happening. I agree with what you say, but of course seeing the numbers on paper made those who make decisions choose the decision they did.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
My apologies, that would be @TOCPE82 who kindly gave us all those very cool Pavilion logo vinyl decals.
I love the 'Illuminations' one...and of course I chose the Imagination Pavilion logo too.
:)

My bad...for some reason I thought it was you who had brought those, but now I'm remembering you and your wife were wearing the blue honeymoon shirts and fun mouse ears.
Did I guess correctly this time...?
Nice to meet you both!
Yes, that was us in the Blue Disneymoon 18th Anniversary shirts and our original Disneymoon wedding ears from 18 years ago.

Thanks again @TOCPE82 for the Epcot stickers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom