Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Same here. The worst part about this situation, is that it’s been an elephant in the room for the past 17 years now, and yet Disney feels there’s more demand for replacing other attractions throughout the entire resort that don’t need immediate replacing like imagination does, I.e., GMR, or Maelstrom. Now call those attractions dated, or in need of refurbishment/replacement, which they were, however, not nearly as much as imagination needs to be replaced/refurbished. At least the two examples above brought guest satisfaction, and fans loved them. Imagination V3 isn’t loved by pretty much anyone, and doesn’t bring nearly as much guest satisfaction as GMR or maelstrom once did.
EXACTLY. And they fully know it's an issue too. Imo, if we get rid of JII, figment will dissapear. I don't even think that they'll even bother using him for merch anymore and I really don't want that to happen. If I had to pick any IP to replace it, I'd say The Muppets is the best fit. But making Figment IP should be an option too. Is Disney gonna do that? Probably not.

Mickeynerd17

EXACTLY. And they fully know it's an issue too. Imo, if we get rid of JII, figment will dissapear. I don't even think that they'll even bother using him for merch anymore and I really don't want that to happen. If I had to pick any IP to replace it, I'd say The Muppets is the best fit. But making Figment IP should be an option too. Is Disney gonna do that? Probably not.
TBH, if they demolished the building, they probably would just build a bunch of merchandise stands on top 🤣🤣🤣🤣

SilentWindODoom

That's why I said SWGE isn't a huge deal. The spires look great until you view them from a off angle and see the ugly supports coming out of the back of them and then realize they're literally rocks on sticks. I doubt anyone else pays attention close enough to notice that. It just looks unfinished from a distance. Luckily you can only really see that from the highway and a few other areas (I think Skyliner?).
View attachment 454940

Pandora just looks bleh when coming in on the bus, especially because it's the first thing you see of AK (along with crossing the North-South Korean border). Would it have been so difficult to toss some brown and green paint on the back sides? There's really no place to put tress back there either.

With Galaxy's edge they should lean into it from the outside just like they have always done with it's stage theming. I'm surprised they haven't put giant billboards on the back.

And what do you mean about the Korean border?

You know what? I think they should fold Figment into the Muppets. He's a character that fits well with their tone.

But on a serious note with all of the discussion of budgets I'd like to know if any of the insiders know why the changes to existing rides that seem to be much smaller embarrassments come up first. I hate to just ask Martin, but I fear that I'm such an oldhead that all the other insiders I remember I don't think are still around. Do Lee and Raven still exist?

Maelstrom makes sense, because they were capitalizing on Frozen.

trainplane3

With Galaxy's edge they should lean into it from the outside just like they have always done with it's stage theming. I'm surprised they haven't put giant billboards on the back.

And what do you mean about the Korean border?
When you enter AK via bus, you pass through gates and barb wire. One of my friends said, "oh wow, who knew we were so close to the DMZ?!"

Movielover

Its sad that these are currently the best thing about the attraction right now...
20200228_130727.jpg

20200228_130731.jpg

20200228_130739.jpg

Hope these can end up somewhere else if the pavilion is made over...

DoleWhipDrea

And it’s last year was previously 2016. Then it was extended through 2017. I don’t think it’s going anywhere anytime soon.

Interesting how they did that when they opened that DVC lounge in June of 2016.

They’ve made it clear for years that this was a temporary location. Plans have come in and out of favor for the pavilion for some time. Now they’re re-doing several other pavilions that are set to open as brand new experiences next year. It would be a missed opportunity to not include a new DVC lounge at the Play! Pavilion or at GotGCR. It clears the way for Disney to have something ready to go once Imagination does finally get its redo.

Phineas

When you enter AK via bus, you pass through gates and barb wire.
Or when your baby boomer father is driving you and your family to AK and follows the GPS instead of the conspicuous signs pointing the way to the proper guest entrance. Then you get to see a fleet of buses and their drivers gesticulating wildly at your father for his mistake.

3 times.

You ever perform a U-Turn in the bus lane while guests look at you utterly befuddled as to why/how you got there? 3/10, would not recommend.

FigmentForver96

There were definitely things in Epcot that required attention prior to Imagination and this is coming from a big figment fan. Universe of Energy and WOL both being big examples. Those who know the previous version know its time for something new and better but it’s different for those who don’t. To many, this current of the ride is a basic C attraction that makes for good filler, gets you off your feet and everyone can enjoy. It’s time for a refurb no doubt, but there were issues in the park much more pressing

SilentWindODoom

Wow. I was only thinking of the Eric Idle character as head of the institute and foil to Figment. I'd forgotten that that portrait is inventors with their inventions and that Nigel Channing is the creator of Figment in the current canon.

Also, I just wanted to make the joke.

Homemade Imagineering

So... I am guessing this project is now on hold/ delayed due to the current situation. Hopefully nothing is too scaled back during future planning or even canceled. Epcot needs this attraction reconfigured in order to complete its overhaul. Considering it wasn’t going to be completed until 2025, I really hope it’s not delayed too much.

pdude81

So... I am guessing this project is now on hold/ delayed due to the current situation. Hopefully nothing is too scaled back during future planning or even canceled. Epcot needs this attraction reconfigured in order to complete its overhaul. Considering it wasn’t going to be completed until 2025, I really hope it’s not delayed too much.
Do you really think they are worrying about 2023 projects right now?

Mickeynerd17

Yea, it's probably going to be like 2027 now before it happens. The thought of the current ride existing for 25+ years is making me sick

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom