Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Chupaca Bruh

Let's see. What could fit in that building. You could put in a large Imagination shop. Some meet and greets, A DVC counter, a restaurant (or two) and a big bar.

Magic Feather

If anything, I would think that could bode well for Imagination. They know it has to be replaced because hardly anyone rides it. If they aren't going to build a bunch of new projects to increase capacity/draw crowds, doing some sort of overhaul for Imagination almost seems necessary.

The other option would be to just close it entirely and save the operating costs, of course. I'd wager it's either shut down entirely or replaced with something new before we see more new construction, although I still wouldn't expect to see anything for years.
They've known that Imagination needed to be replaced since 2002.

UNCgolf

They've known that Imagination needed to be replaced since 2002.

Sure, but the longer it sits there the more it needs replacement. It needs replacement far more now than it did in 2002 just by virtue of age.

I don't actually expect them to do anything about it because I don't expect them to do anything at all parks wide. I just think it's more likely they'd do something with that pavilion (for better or worse) than decide to do even more new construction over the next several years.

Homemade Imagineering

When these projects wrap up eventually, such as cosmic rewind, play pavilion, and ratatouille, those few attractions alone will drive guests away from imagination, since it’s such a horrible attraction. To me, I can’t see imagination being among the attraction lineup once the Epcot overhaul is complete, because it won’t be necessary to even have it running at that point. Disney will be forced to update this attraction at some point in time, whether that’s sooner or later. This attraction is on its last legs, and has been for years now. However, it’ll be more so than ever in just a few years.

trainplane3

When these projects wrap up eventually, such as cosmic rewind, play pavilion, and ratatouille, those few attractions alone will drive guests away from imagination, since it’s such a horrible attraction. To me, I can’t see imagination being among the attraction lineup once the Epcot overhaul is complete, because it won’t be necessary to even have it running at that point. Disney will be forced to update this attraction at some point in time, whether that’s sooner or later. This attraction is on its last legs, and has been for years now. However, it’ll be more so than ever in just a few years.
It didn't have legs when it reopened in 2002. It's lucky to have a stub where it's leg used to be. It was bad on day one, it was terrible 5 years later, it's a disaster with a DVC lounge on the second floor 18 years later.

Homemade Imagineering

Q

Once Wonders of Life has a new role, maybe they'll feel forced to rip the insides out and turn it into a corporate events lounge or whatever they did with WoL.
I highly doubt that, since imagination was already slated to be replaced with something by at least 2025. Gutting/ interior demolition in order to turn it into a lounge would be a waste if they’re already planning on demoing it for a new ride.

Disstevefan1

We really don't know what's going to happen in WDW post Corona. I fear they will simply stop work on the WoL pavillion and they will just keep it shuttered. I suspect the imagination pavilion will stay as is now.

I suspect there will be many projects in WDW will be halted, or greatly cut back.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If Disney is smart, they’ll hopefully decide on making imagination more of a priority after this whole situation is over, unlike Poppins, which as far as I’m concerned is either cancelled, or very much delayed at this point.

If they haven't yet. It won't happen for an even longer time.

I think people are working themselves up in this thread into thinking that "of course Disney will do something with Figment and Imagination soon!"

Disney won't.

They haven't. For a long time. The EPCOT refresh was an opportunity to do something, and they pushed it off as low priority.

And now? Even lesser priority.

Come back in five years and ask if there's any movement on Figment/Imagination.

UNCgolf

If they haven't yet. It won't happen for an even longer time.

I think people are working themselves up in this thread into thinking that "of course Disney will do something with Figment and Imagination soon!"

Disney won't.

They haven't. For a long time. The EPCOT refresh was an opportunity to do something, and they pushed it off as low priority.

And now? Even lesser priority.

Come back in five years and ask if there's any movement on Figment/Imagination.

I don't think they'll do anything with it. I'd actually be shocked if anything happens in the next 5 years.

I just think that if they do decide to do anything at all, they're more likely to do something with that pavilion (and that doesn't mean it'll have anything to do with Figment, or even imagination) than they are to do any more new construction.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't think they'll do anything with it. I'd actually be shocked if anything happens in the next 5 years.

I just think that if they do decide to do anything at all, they're more likely to do something with that pavilion (and that doesn't mean it'll have anything to do with Figment, or even imagination) than they are to do any more new construction.

We're talking about announced projects getting delayed or scrapped, so...

Disney doesn't have to do anything with the pavilion. And now, even more unlikely they will do anything with it for the next five years.

Whatever construction projects are in the queue, are in the queue ahead of a pavilion re-do, especially if they're not doing anything to Figment.

The hope of anything happening to Figment/Pavilion for five years died when the total EPCOT refresh didn't include it. There is no hope of anything happening there now.

And who knows, maybe Chapek will have a complete change of mind tomorrow. But insiders all seem to agree on this: It's dead for at least the next five years.

Please stop psyching yourselves up into a fan-based rumor based on hopes and suppositions. Don't Jim Hill this.

UNCgolf

We're talking about announced projects getting delayed or scrapped, so...

Disney doesn't have to do anything with the pavilion. And now, even more unlikely they will do anything with it for the next five years.

Whatever construction projects are in the queue, are in the queue ahead of a pavilion re-do, especially if they're not doing anything to Figment.

The hope of anything happening to Figment/Pavilion for five years died when the total EPCOT refresh didn't include it. There is no hope of anything happening there now.

And who knows, maybe Chapek will have a complete change of mind tomorrow. But insiders all seem to agree on this: It's dead for at least the next five years.

Please stop psyching yourselves up into a fan-based rumor based on hopes and suppositions. Don't Jim Hill this.

This response sounds like you didn't read my post?

It's basically a combination of you agreeing with me and responding to things I didn't say or come remotely close to insinuating. Or did you just quote the wrong post?

Last edited:

No Name

Magic Kingdom’s original New Fantasyland. The announcement of Seven Dwarfs was a pretty official way of showing the other stuff was cancelled.

Sure, and they were actually more transparent than that. But since they had something presumably better in place of it, it was easier to announce. They are typically transparent about replacements. My point is they‘ve never just announced an attraction being cancelled because that looks bad.

If they cancel the Poppins thing I can almost guarantee there won’t be an official announcement.

Cmdr_Crimson

Its sad that these are currently the best thing about the attraction right now...
View attachment 456076
View attachment 456077
View attachment 456078

Hope these can end up somewhere else if the pavilion is made over...
With Moranis Returning for a new HISTK for Disney + they can bring Back HISTA and the only reason why Nigel Channing was put in the ride in the first place..

Channing should not be credited for creating Figment under any circumstances
Wow. I was only thinking of the Eric Idle character as head of the institute and foil to Figment. I'd forgotten that that portrait is inventors with their inventions and that Nigel Channing is the creator of Figment in the current canon.
Technically Figment is A "Recent Discovery" as was stated by Nigel. But, was found within the Institute during the refurb...And no I don't count the 2nd incarnation as Figment was hardly in it..

IMO I would have hoped they could turn the tables and made him a pure villian..
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom