Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Bender123

Huh? It’s actually a very different ride experience, and which someone likes better probably has a lot to do with the attraction itself, not just the IP.

Change up the drop sequence and screens...I get they aren't identical, but the ride is still car goes up, car comes down at various intervals, with show scenes in between. They both are well themed to the attraction and they both are solid rides.

As I stated, look at Indy vs Dinosaur...literally identical rides, if you remove the themes, but the story and theme of Indy makes it the superior ride. With a ride like California ToT vs GotG, its a toss up...do you like dark and spooky or loud and bombastic?

TwilightZone

Now this is a big big huge stretch of an idea I got but one that is...interesting so to speak. Basically for a while I have been in a group where we discuss books including Diary of a Wimpy Kid. One rumored idea is disney will make a show out of it and maybe a musical production. The musical production already pre existed beforehand but had a very limited run. Anyways recently Disney plus had a movie based on the first Timmy Failure book, which is a story similar to that of DOAWK. The plot involves a very imaginative boy during his daily life. Now heres where things get together. Assuming disney is willing enough to make a DOAWK musical production in the future, it could also be a possibility, not very likely, but a possibility that Timmy Failure or some other disney plus show/movie could be tied to Imagination too.
That or I shouldn't be thinking of these things at 12 am haha.

Disneyson

Now this is a big big huge stretch of an idea I got but one that is...interesting so to speak. Basically for a while I have been in a group where we discuss books including Diary of a Wimpy Kid. One rumored idea is disney will make a show out of it and maybe a musical production. The musical production already pre existed beforehand but had a very limited run. Anyways recently Disney plus had a movie based on the first Timmy Failure book, which is a story similar to that of DOAWK. The plot involves a very imaginative boy during his daily life. Now heres where things get together. Assuming disney is willing enough to make a DOAWK musical production in the future, it could also be a possibility, not very likely, but a possibility that Timmy Failure or some other disney plus show/movie could be tied to Imagination too.
That or I shouldn't be thinking of these things at 12 am haha.

I have not seen it, but I feel like the Merch opportunities of an animated purple dragon in a yellow sweater are far greater than t-shirts that say “FAILURE” on them.

For this reason alone the wouldn’t do it.

trainplane3

So I just noticed this in the Imagination bathrooms. Is there a reason why they'd write "exit" in the ground in what looks like handwriting with a stick?
ybXuyDo.jpg

And just for funzies, taken right before close. Too bad they don't stay open later:
KX4cYDq.jpg

Figments Friend

So I just noticed this in the Imagination bathrooms. Is there a reason why they'd write "exit" in the ground in what looks like handwriting with a stick?
ybXuyDo.jpg

And just for funzies, taken right before close. Too bad they don't stay open later:
KX4cYDq.jpg

The 'exit' scrawl in the cement may be in the same spirit as the 'figment' written in cement pictured in your avatar that used to exist nearby.
Legend tells that Figment himself did this during a particularly mischievous moment while the Pavilion was being constructed.
Dreamfinder confirmed this some years ago.

Your upper level snapshot is terrific.
Made me smile to see that view again, and the lovely sunset!
:)
So thank you for sharing this here.

Yes, it is indeed a shame they do not keep that area open in the evening.
The glass pyramid looks beautiful when viewed from inside with the colored lights, and the views to be seen are also nice to see at night time....Imagination fountains included!

-

trainplane3

What wasn’t working? There’s not much to it in the first place.
Off the top of my head, the first Figment AA's mouth doesn't move at all and the second ones mouth wasn't moving too well. At the end, I think the far left "computer" doesn't get to it's correct position prior to the explosion.

They did at least align the projectors since I was last there in the fall. One of the queue projectors actually looked brand new but it could've just been a bulb replacement.

Thelazer

was on it yesterday... painful.. of course it's always painful knowing what it USED to be and now seeing my kids joke about Figment farting in your face... ugh.

FigmentJedi

Hey my man! I just read an article that was saying the Muppets may be coming to the Imagination pavilion, with figment being a creation from Muppets lab, as well as Muppet vision 3D moving to the theater in the pavilion. Any truth to that?
You mean the article reporting on a thread from this very board that quickly derailed into crapflinging once the word Muppet was uttered?

mitchk

You mean the article reporting on a thread from this very board that quickly derailed into crapflinging once the word Muppet was uttered?

Yup, they said it was from this site, but I didn’t see it anywhere...

DoleWhipDrea

Amazing that Orlando Weekly decided to use the supposed information from that thread about the Muppets and JIIwF as news. :rolleyes:

I’m glad to hear that Marni hasn’t heard of it. Not that I have anything against the Muppets.

With the coronavirus creating a domino effect, I feel like all of the current plans for WDW are going to have major cutbacks...but since Figment isn’t planned for any changes for a few years from now, perhaps it has a better chance of getting the update it deserves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom