Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Epcot82Guy

It mostly seems to be thinking that an old guy with an accent and a monkey is the same thing as a bearded guy with an accent and his dragon.

That's a fair question. For me, it's the kinetic and dynamic energy of the attraction that harkens back to JII. Lots of rather whimsical things going on that interact with the car, and the fact it is mostly tangible sets vs. screens (with screens pretty tastefully integrated). The story has nothing to do with it. But, I could easily see the ideas from JII recreated using the tech from Mystic Manor. And the end scene with the swirling tornado would work with the Figment reel finale scene very well. Those are the reasons I personally saw a connection.

pax_65

Every discussion on Imagination is tempered by the expectation that the attraction will not be an "E-Ticket" or anything particularly innovative or exciting. Why is that? Maybe because the attraction has been lackluster for decades. We cannot IMAGINE (ha) anything amazing actually going in there.

I agree that Figment should stay in some capacity but I wouldn't want him to limit things. By it's very nature, this attraction should be incredibly creative and innovative - and a lot of fun. In it's current state it is none of those things. :(

raymusiccity

Even without a Facebook account, you should be able to see the following post from Greg:

82382008_165907304818327_1246537884555542528_n.jpg

I did find the source image this is based off of:
CH1983-05.jpg

It sure looks more like 'copied from' than 'based on' !

Cmdr_Crimson

I Had gone on the ride today and wow...Having been gone for 2 years and seeing how neglected that attraction has become is sad...
  1. The Sound Lab Figment doesn't even move his mouth anymore
  2. The Sight Lab Screen is horribly Blurry and bleeding brightness over the text
  3. The Smell lab....Well, it stinks and I don't mean by that of course..But, for whatever reasons guests who think they are smelling something bad (and man do they over react to something that doesn't even smell). The room alone just has that Skunk-Funk.
  4. The Figment AA By the Touch & Taste Lab...Use to have more livelier movements now it's just minor moves here and there..
  5. Imagination's gift shop just have some Minor Figment things now and that's really sad to me..
But, those were just my little bit of investigating happening there...I really hope they have something in store that would appease everyone..

Haymarket2008

I Had gone on the ride today and wow...Having been gone for 2 years and seeing how neglected that attraction has become is sad...
  2. The Sight Lab Screen is horribly Blurry and bleeding brightness over the text
  3. The Smell lab....Well, it stinks and I don't mean by that of course..But, for whatever reasons guests who think they are smelling something bad (and man do they over react to something that doesn't even smell). The room alone just has that Skunk-Funk.
  4. The Figment AA By the Touch & Taste Lab...Use to have more livelier movements now it's just minor moves here and there..
  5. Imagination's gift shop just have some Minor Figment things now and that's really sad to me..
But, those were just my little bit of investigating happening there...I really hope they have something in store that would appease everyone..

Agreed. This thing is on its’ last legs. Apart from it being technically in a state of disrepair, it just is a clunky, dated and uninteresting attraction. With the whole park in the midst of a slow transformation, it cannot stand on its own like some attractions.

Mac Tonight

It's crazy to think we are even having this discussion. It should be a no brainer to make this ride fantastic again, yet here we are, questioning how much longer we have to put up with this version, and if the next version will even be a worthy replacement or just a cash grab.
shame you're not the guy in charge who gets to make those kinds of big decisions...

Figments Friend

It's crazy to think we are even having this discussion. It should be a no brainer to make this ride fantastic again, yet here we are, questioning how much longer we have to put up with this version, and if the next version will even be a worthy replacement or just a cash grab.

Hey Bob, maybe you of all people can maybe....you know .... have a influence on that...?
I mean, you ARE the guy in charge of the Parks now, so what's the holdup?
And don't tell me 'budget restrictions'.

The Walt Disney Company made 12.6 BILLION dollars in PURE PROFIT last year alone.
So don't give me any of that 'we can't afford it right now, with all the money going into Epcot construction right now' jazz.

Man up, boy, and tell your buddy Bobby to get on this!

🤨

-

montyz81

My guess is that the phase 2 plans include a full demo of the building or at least a gutting like UoE. To much cost all at one time to do that. I suspect by 2025 we will see a new ride.

RSoxNo1

The screens throughout the attraction seem like DVD quality.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My guess is that the phase 2 plans include a full demo of the building or at least a gutting like UoE. To much cost all at one time to do that. I suspect by 2025 we will see a new ride.
We are on phase three already. Proposals include gutting, full demo or partial demo.

By the end of 2023 there might be an indication in the park of the choice.

Mickeynerd17

We are on phase three already. Proposals include gutting, full demo or partial demo.

By the end of 2023 there might be an indication in the park of the choice.

Dang, if that's the case, i'm hoping for a gutting. Maybe they will put an LPS ride in there. That would be awesome. As long as figment is there I'll be happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom