Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

misfitdoll

It’s been a waiting game for nearly 20 years.

The parks are now lumped in with Consumer Products, so it was the appropriate panel.

Sorry— I was implying that that lumping, for lack of a better term, is tone deaf. The frustration many of us have experienced while watching EPCOT/Epcot rot for decades has worn our patience too thin for Parks Panel shenanigans with Bullseye the Target dog. And what was actually announced during the Epcot segment? Much of it sounded and looked like more random clutter. I couldn’t make heads or tails of what was truly happening v. what was dressed-up fluff.

Homemade Imagineering

Disney has been able to get away with leaving imagination as it is since it was ruined back in the late 90s, because Epcot hasn’t seen any major changes like this in a long long time. It is the only attraction in all of Epcot at this point that obviously needs attention, as almost every other part of Epcot is doing well, with construction going on with gotg cosmic rewind and wonders of life. Basically, Disney will be forced to address the elephant, or shall I say figment in the room 😉 in the next year or so, so all I want to say is to think on the bright side, and know that now we are closer to getting an update than we have been in a long time🙃!

misfitdoll

Okay, here is my optimistic approach: maybe they sent the young guy on stage with his family pictures to attempt to show us that they “get it” and really understand what needs to be done with the park, knowing full well that the details they were about to present would leave us underwhelmed. After so many years it is hard to trust that no news is good news, but I guess we will find out. If it is really the biggest overhaul of any Disney Park ever, as stated on stage, they cannot leave it as-is.

Bender123

Nothing has changed since last month.

A new attraction is coming. It is still several years away.

A betting man would say it’ll close around the time SSE reopens.

I wasn't aware there was any doubt over this...I couldn't imagine a situation that would have five complete pavilions closed simultaneously. If JII went down, you would have only Land, Seas, TT and Mission Space open at the front of the park with SE, Innoventions, UoE, JII, WoL, Spine and Entrance all a construction area.

It may be a bad ride, but it least it is a functional one...

Brer Oswald

Martin said Brazil and JII replacement likely wouldn’t show up at D23.

Brazil and JII didn’t show up at D23.

Imagine that.

It’s coming, and we just need to be patient. That being said, it’s hard to be quite hopeful or optimistic for the future of the Pavilion. I know they’ll keep Figment, but will they be bring back who Figment was? Who’s to say? Will Dreamfinder return? Probably not.

I downright expect an incoherent mashup of Inside Out and Figment that is just marginally better than what’s there now, for obvious reasons. I just know that’s one of the pitches. Will it be the one that wins out? I hope not, but time will tell.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Nothing has changed since last month.

A new attraction is coming. It is still several years away.

A betting man would say it’ll close around the time SSE reopens.

Folks, @marni1971 has been saying this for years and it's in the rumor tracker.

Though, Disney did stir the pot with putting Imagination Pavilion and Mexico pavilion on the model which seemed to be a hint of what's going to get significant announcements... which they didn't. The model was a lie!

General Mayhem

Folks, @marni1971 has been saying this for years and it's in the rumor tracker.

Though, Disney did stir the pot with putting Imagination Pavilion and Mexico pavilion on the model which seemed to be a hint of what's going to get significant announcements... which they didn't. The model was a lie!
Exactly! If they wanted to off the fans this was certainly the way to do it. All that hype over the hidden posters and it's the Festival pavilion? Seriously?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom