Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

KikoKea

It is a shame what they did to the attraction, and pitiful in light of what it is capable of being. Figment is a great character that appeals to kids and adults, and is an established character. As for the ride, they could, at the very least, add back several scents and several sounds during those parts. Stripping it down to what it is now makes no sense at all, and casts a poor light on Epcot's management of its attractions. Do it right, or put the thing out of its misery!🧐

Mouse3268

If it does finally get a v4, they better reincorporate all the original track area that’s sitting there unused. Even if the turntable area never comes back, and I’m sure it wouldn’t, that’s still a lot more track and ride area they could bring back.

Looks like all of the old track area has been converted to queue and the new exit area. At least that's what I gather from marni1971's picture

trainplane3

Looks like all of the old track area has been converted to queue and the new exit area. At least that's what I gather from marni1971's picture
When you say "converted", it's actually just had a floor built over it. The track is still there. And at this point in time, you can see how the "floor" over the track is starting to wear and reflect light differently.

Turntable still has its motors but is literally cemented into place.

General Mayhem

If they fix the Imagination pavilion properly and bring it back to it's original glory then they can do whatever they want with the rest of the park. Having that attraction back would make it extremely easy for me to forgive everything else they've done to the park. JII was the heart of Epcot IMHO and as long as that would be restored I would be honestly content.

UNCgolf

If they fix the Imagination pavilion properly and bring it back to it's original glory then they can do whatever they want with the rest of the park. Having that attraction back would make it extremely easy for me to forgive everything else they've done to the park. JII was the heart of Epcot IMHO and as long as that would be restored I would be honestly content.

Horizons, Spaceship Earth, and the original Journey Into Imagination are my three favorite dark rides ever. It's pretty incredible that EPCOT had all three at one point, and also that they chose to destroy two of them.

I know Horizons is never coming back, so fixing JII and making it a great ride with a wonderful post show again is about the best they can do -- as long as they don't also destroy Spaceship Earth in the upcoming refurbishment.

Heppenheimer

There were a few free rolling downhill sections where cars would pick up speed for a few seconds that didn’t work. If I recall the entrances to literature and the film rotunda finale. With today’s tech it would be a piece of cake to do if they wanted to. The original 1983 ride system back then was as cutting edge as Test Track infamously became 14 years later
Were those ever intended to be mini roller coaster drops? I remember those little hills, but I also don't recall the speed of the ride changing at all as you moved through them.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Were those ever intended to be mini roller coaster drops? I remember those little hills, but I also don't recall the speed of the ride changing at all as you moved through them.
Not drops as such, more downhill freewheeling sections.

The software didn’t work as planned and so the idea was dropped before opening.

One telling area was the section where your photo was taken (amazing back in the day) - the photo was meant to capture surprise on guests faces as they quickly went downhill into the finale rotunda.

Last edited:

BEARSHOUSE4

Well, the 90's version at least.....Who else Farts Their Name.....Really?
Related image
I need this.

Castle Cake Apologist

When you say "converted", it's actually just had a floor built over it. The track is still there. And at this point in time, you can see how the "floor" over the track is starting to wear and reflect light differently.

Turntable still has its motors but is literally cemented into place.

This. There are actually areas in the queue that were built over the old track where the floor has a hollow sound if you stomp on it.

EDIT: @Cmdr_Crimson beat me to the punch

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom