Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DCLcruiser

Ive always kinda wanted a figment shirt, but the problem is a lot of them is stuff i probably wouldn’t wear out of the house. IMO Disney parks merch needs to be a bit more subtle.
I have this one. I think it showcases EPCOT/Figment without being over the top.

Pic is from a random listing on Ebay.
s-l1600-2.png

s-l1600.png

Last edited:

osian

I did a tour of about 10 "regional" USA theme parks in the summer. The merchandise, even in Six Flags parks, was higher quality, interesting and unique that what Disney currently offers. Cedar Point, Kings Island, Silver Dollar City, Holiday World, Worlds of Fun. Disney merchandise has gone very samey, homegenous, and celebrates cartoon characters rather than the parks and attractions themselves. Even in parks that have IP content, e.g. Cedar Point and Peanuts, you don't see every single darned piece of merchandise slapped with Snoopy., e.g. Snoopy riding Millennium Force. I just won't buy any souvenirs that have cartoon and movie characters pasted gratuitously on them.

Mickeynerd17

The merchandise, even in Six Flags parks, was higher quality, interesting and unique that what Disney currently offers. Cedar Point, Kings Island, Silver Dollar City, Holiday World, Worlds of Fun.
I agree on most of those, but not Six Flags. I was shocked at the amount and diversity of ride merch at the Cedar Fair and Busch Gardens parks. Disney used to be more like that, and I would like to see a return to that. I have no problem with characters (it is a DISNEY park after all,) but you can only make so many different types of mickey shirts.

As for six flags, it was all Looney Tunes and DC Heroes merch when I went to Over Georgia 2 years ago.

Cmdr_Crimson

I agree on most of those, but not Six Flags. I was shocked at the amount and diversity of ride merch at the Cedar Fair and Busch Gardens parks. Disney used to be more like that, and I would like to see a return to that. I have no problem with characters (it is a DISNEY park after all,) but you can only make so many different types of mickey shirts.

As for six flags, it was all Looney Tunes and DC Heroes merch when I went to Over Georgia 2 years ago.
Some shirts from Six Flags are fairly decent depending on what you get. Your better off going for a shirt that is twice as large as their shirts have a tendency to shrink quick in the wash..

GenChi

The comic wasn't a "cameo" thing, it was basically treated by Imagineering as a pitch document for a pavilion update whether it be a new ride or a new 3D film. Fasttracking Frozen Ever After ended up sidelining it.

"Cameo" is broadly stating it but we have the same idea. It being a pitch and/or supporting media to a proposed cornerstone media for the IP that doesn't exist, and that cornerstone needs to exist or the heavy interest he's gotten will eventually wane and fizzle out. Being in a HISTK ride isn't doing it and neither will being in an IO one

ProjectXBlog

New T-shirt dropped at WDW. Interestingly, they list Journey Into Imagination as opening October 1st, 1998. 🤔

View attachment 819613

Thoughts?
These “list” shirts are so weird to me. The actual lists are always oddly arbitrary (Astro Orbiter made the cut over…everything else? Really?) but also the titling itself is inconsistent, using attraction names in some places but not in others — “Hollywood Tower Hotel” and “Tree of Life” jumped out at first glance.
The date for JII is especially weird because I simply have no idea where they could have gotten it. It’s a rare combo of incorrect date with a typo in that date.

Cmdr_Crimson

These “list” shirts are so weird to me. The actual lists are always oddly arbitrary (Astro Orbiter made the cut over…everything else? Really?) but also the titling itself is inconsistent, using attraction names in some places but not in others — “Hollywood Tower Hotel” and “Tree of Life” jumped out at first glance.
The date for JII is especially weird because I simply have no idea where they could have gotten it. It’s a rare combo of incorrect date with a typo in that date.
Not even Dinosaur or Muppetvision get any acknowledgement.

Mickeynerd17

New T-shirt dropped at WDW. Interestingly, they list Journey Into Imagination as opening October 1st, 1998. 🤔

View attachment 819613

Thoughts?
Ok, after seeing replies I realized I did not provide enough context. That was actually the backside of this shirt listing the opening dates of rides featured on the front of the shirt. I still find the Imagination date odd because its completely wrong for any version of the ride. Perhaps they were going for the opening of JIYI, which was 10/01/1999?

1728357044759.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom