Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Moth

Got literally everything EXCEPT for the one everyone wants most.
they genuinely hate this purple thing at this point???? is it because there's no movie for him or the golf ball? genuinely what is with the lack of investment into epcot after they fixed an issue they caused?

the other parks are getting huge add ons after add ons along with redos, monsters, GE, tron, tiana, tropical americas, runaway railroad, cars, villains, and all epcot has gotten is...

-retheme of maelstrom
-rat clone
-uoe being gutted and turned into a coaster
-test track touched TWICE
-soarin' gots a new film
-a garden
-tearing up the middle of the park

Homemade Imagineering

they genuinely hate this purple thing at this point???? is it because there's no movie for him or the golf ball? genuinely what is with the lack of investment into epcot after they fixed an issue they caused?

the other parks are getting huge add ons after add ons along with redos, monsters, GE, tron, tiana, tropical americas, runaway railroad, cars, villains, and all epcot has gotten is...

-retheme of maelstrom
-rat clone
-uoe being gutted and turned into a coaster
-test track touched TWICE
-soarin' gots a new film
-a garden
-tearing up the middle of the park
I’m afraid it’s just the mentality that’s been there the past 20 years. The 20 + yr old bandaid was enough for them all those years ago. As long as people keep buying up that merch, nothing will ever happen

Well it’s official, I have given up all hope that D****y is gonna do imagination 4 or an update to spaceship earth. Disney is dead to me, no more original ideas, or caring about fixing old things, or listening to fans. It’s IP this and IP that. At this point I’d rather see them bulldoze the imagination pavilion than leave it as is. What a ing joke. There was no announcement that I felt was worthy of being made. Epcot is dead. And so is Disney imagineering.

necott99

Unfortunately, as long as Figment pushes merch, TWDC will not see a need to spend precious capital on fixing this ride. To them, the ride is fine - it operates, usually without issues, and moves people. Most importantly, into a gift shop. Until the ride itself ceases to function, management will see no need to touch it. I might sound all doom and gloom, but we all know that, in this new era of Disney, the only things that matter are merchandise sales and added revenue through things like LL multipass. Fixing a ride, simply for goodwill, does not create cash flow (well, I’d argue it does), thus management sees no value.

dreamfinding

It’s so frustrating. They can invest millions in rides that don’t work half of the time, but god forbid that poor Epcot gets an update to a 20+ year old attraction.

dreamfinding

Image-1.png

Homemade Imagineering

Trying to stay a little more positive closing things off tonight. The optimist in me says they’re saving things like Imagination, SSE, Moana expansion & more for the next D23. I’m still a little shocked at just how much was thrown at us this time around but they’ve clearly set a new standard for themselves, & if these panels start consistently pushing 3 hrs they’re gonna need substance.

They very well could’ve kept shut about Epcot coming off the heels of its redo & seeing as TT puts a damper on the near future in terms of capacity. I’m hoping it’s more of reevaluating their missteps towards the park (hopefully acknowledged to some degree) so they can take some extra time to get the meat & potatoes right. By 2026, destination D would’ve soaked up much of the follow up details from this panel’s projects, & they can’t simply rehash it all again. They’re gonna need some new things to announce, and although I am very bummed it’s another year without Figment, I don’t think a full recovery from 2022’s mess was entirely possible. They’ve gotta steer themselves back on track, & tonight was for the most part a step in the right direction. If door coaster can happen, Imagination 4 can absolutely happen at SOME point. It’s not the only thing that wasn’t announced this year if we’re still waiting on the Moana expansion, Lion King for AK, & the SSE redo. Just those few would be enough to satisfy most of us for an entire panel

KDM31091

Looks like Figment will be untouched for at least another year, as well as Spaceship Earth. On one hand, I really want both updated, but on the other hand, I'm terrified they would botch it, so I guess leave well enough alone.

The sad reality is that they do not seem to really care about any attraction that does not directly tie in to a movie/recent IP. So SSE and Figment just keep getting pushed off because they're not a priority, even though Figment is the park's mascot and does move merch. SSE has no IP, and even though it's in the park's icon, apparently that doesn't make it important enough to warrant fixing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom