Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Epcot82Guy

It’s pretty simple, just a new interpretation of the original attraction. Nothing else needs to be done. The original still holds up and should have never closed to begin with.

Knowing I'm wandering into swampy, thorny waters here... If you look at the animatronic and screen tech at TBA, using that to recreate the original JII could really be a slam dunk. The original was innovative and great. Having modern tech abilities could make something spectacular. Even day guests who don't know Figment would be impressed by a really cool attraction with cool effects (just like people were in 1983).

Rosso11

My main wonder if it's still penned for Disney+ or if they want to pen it in for a theatrical release...
Since this was first announced almost 2 years ago Disney has changed course like most other streaming services, outside of Netflix, and cut back to an extremely limited number of direct to streaming movies. They've realized it makes almost no financial sense to make movies exclusively for their streaming services. With the exception of low budget movies that would have been direct to the Disney channel in years past such as the new Descendants movie. So I am curious as well what the plan is. I have a feeling if we don’t get news at this years D23 it is more than likely dead.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
•Imagination Minus One (Figment destroys opening day Disneyland in a gritty reboot, he then goes on to win an Oscar)
Given how Disneyland's opening day actually went, that might be a mercy.

I'm looking forward to Figment and the Winter Finder. We thought he was gone. Turns out Universal has kept him in a tank all these years to do their dirty work. What broke the Yeti? Use your Imagination. Who stole Buzzy? Look to the skies. Where's Donald? Never mind, we know that one.

aladdin2007

It’s pretty simple, just a new interpretation of the original attraction. Nothing else needs to be done. The original still holds up and should have never closed to begin with.
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Big_Shakalaka

I think Figment will be talked about during the Studios panel where we get his movie announcement and possibly casting. With Seth Rogen involved, my bets are that he’s Dreamfinder. That or Chris Pratt.
I really really really want a movie in the same style as the comics that came out. Steampunk Dream finder for the win.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom